Cookbook's easy to use interface will help and guide you through the creative process of developing your very own recipes
- Keep track of changes to the original recipe - whether its tinkering with the cooking process or changing the ingredients.
- After each try use the scoreboard to evaluate your dish, write down important notes for next time and keep a tab on who loves it the most.
- Created to help you uncover new taste pairings or create dishes from scratch.
- Helps you with everyday kitchen trivia like cups to grams and Celsius to Fahrenheit conversions, bakers percentage, meat doneness, healthy substitutes and appropriate wine pairings.
What others have to say?
The booklet is fully customizable and lets you design its final outlook; whether its cut-outs, photos, illustrations, stickers or just text, Cookbook won't have any complaints.
Created with minimalism and homeliness in mind, Cookbook collects memories on both inside and outside, while it hopes to become your trusted cooking companion. It holds place for twelve recipes, each allowing six tries. After 72 days of thoughtful and devoted cooking, the journal becomes your personal cookbook, holding twelve signature recipes you will always be proud of.
Cookbook was thrilled to hear that two young artists from our hometown Ljubljana (Slovenia) were willing to collaborate with an exclusive illustration / design which adorns the interior of the Cookbook's cover. We are sure you'll be blown away by the works of Urška Hvalica and Matija Medved, who we are collaborating with for our first Artist series.
The idea for Cookbook has long been sparking up in my head. It has evolved from my personal need as it is something I've always wanted to have in my kitchen instead of numerous post-it notes, lost paper sheets and cut-out recipes that never seemed to work. I believed my cooking process can be both creative and organised at the same time. The booklet slowly started to come to life while i was working as an Associate in a corporate Law firm in my hometown Ljubljana, Slovenia. Developing the idea acted as a stress reliever and a much-needed creative output after long office hours. It helped me balance the abstract world of rules and numbers with my passions: cooking, inventing and design. After my Christmas vacation, I decided to quit my job and fully focus on bringing Cookbook to reality. Hopefully it will spark numerous cooking ideas and make your cooking fun, organised and even more creative.
Why we need your help
After designing and prototyping the book, we soon realised the production costs of a larger pressing, which would make the production viable, are too much for us to afford on our own. By reaching the campaign goal we will be able to cover the initial costs of the covers, paper, prints and bookbinding as well as shipping. Hopefully we'll then be able to continue producing the Cookbook and inspire many amazing recipes to be developed around the globe.
Matija Renčelj - Product development (26) - ex lawyer; gets cooking inspiration just before bedtime; loves his hometown’s coffee culture; about to start a LL.M. in Air & Space Law
Špela Tušar - Head of design (27) – communications graduate; uses too much wine when cooking; loves the golden light; co-founder of UAUU, an artist studio and gallery in Ljubljana
Hana Gaber - Head of communications (24) - law graduate; business student; dancer & yoga teacher; a very messy cook
There's no way we could have done this campaign without the help of a number of our friends who we cannot thank enough for their kindness, effort and support throughout the project
- UAUU - Artist studio and gallery in Ljubljana that has provided a much needed creative environment
- Juš Premrov - Video
- Tosja Flaker Berce - Video
- Domen Valič - Main actor
- Nika Jurman - Actress
- Gaber Jovanovič Architects - Apartment, Help and Kindness
- Maruša Račič - (Analog) Photography
- Blaž Ferjan - Stop motion animation & Team Photography
- Blaž Berdnik - Web development
- Marko Nedzbala - Voiceover
- Luka Kejžar - Voiceover recording
- Janez Bratovž (JB Restaurant) - Advice and support
- Luka Nagode (LUDA) - Advice, insight and support
- Jelisaveta Đuričič (silver_stitches) - Hand stitched whisk patches
- Urška Hvalica - Interior cover design (Artist series)
- Špela Vavpetič, Nika Zupančič, Kapitan Kolačkov - Recipe handwriting and illustratiion
- Jupiter "Jupi" Gaber Jovanovič - The dog
- Kevin MacLeod - Video track 1: Sonatina in C Minor (Creative Commons attribution)
as well as: Ajša Jeričević, Klemen Sašek, Domen Rozman, Gaber Jovanovič Family (Petra, Sašo, Nil), Matija Medved, Dušan Renčelj, Jan Kikelj, Miha Artnak, Niko Klanšek, Mateja Gaber, Jerneja Jenko, Petra Pešič, Gaja Čeferin, Maša Kranjc, Brina Vidic, Sai Pan, Gregor Jenko, Gregor Berkopec, Memowu, Rok Seifert, Lara Flegar, Kinodvor, Sax Pub ...
Risks and challenges
As the design process is pretty much finished and our print house as well as our bookbinder are within a 30-min radius from our home, we are luckily in a pretty safe position from a production perspective. The shipping is also planned out, and with so many friends ready to help, we are sure one of the Cookbooks will soon be an integral part of your kitchen shelf.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (25 days)