“I created MasterSous to help solve life’s three big problems: Time, space and money. This all-in-one product will allow people with small kitchens, busy parents and dedicated foodies to make healthy, delicious meals more easily so they can spend more time on what’s important – their family and friends.” James Collins, M.D.
1. It's the most versatile multi-cooker on the market with true sous vide.
It will simmer, sear, sauté, boil, steam, slow cook, deep-fry and sous vide all in a 6-quart, stainless REMOVABLE steel pot.
Cooking with MasterSous means less countertop clutter and easier cleanup after each meal.
2. Hands-free cooking when you need it.
For recipes that require constant or occasional stirring, MasterSous is your hands-free assistant.
Now you can caramelize onions for an hour without standing over the pot. And if you're making a popular dish like risotto, it's even easier – just select the pre-programmed, one-touch setting and go.
You can program the stirring speed and stirring interval. For instance, you can set your grandma's pasta sauce to stir slowly every 2 minutes for 4 hours.
3. The Innovative Magnet.
The patent-pending MasterSous has a variable-speed stirring mechanism attaches to the removable pot with a powerful, durable magnet, keeping the food in constant motion for even cooking.
Right now, MasterSous comes with an attachment used for sautéing and stirring risotto, a second attachment for stirring stews, chilis and sauces and a third attachment circulates water for true sous vide. Future attachments are planned for even more versatility.
Attaching and detaching the magnet is effortless and makes cleanup simple.
4. Unlike many other multi-cookers, it can sear and deep fry.
MasterSous has a big 6-quart removable pot and a powerful heating element that reaches higher than 450 degrees so it can truly deep fry or sear.
In addition, it has preset temperature settings for more than EIGHT types of common oil so you can heat oil right up to its smoking point without going over for perfect crispiness and moisture retention.
5. Intuitive controls. Precise to the exact degree.
The easy-to-use digital control allows for precise control of time and temperature, helping you to never burn food again.
6. Control MasterSous from anywhere.
With the MasterSous mobile app, all of the settings available on the machine are at your fingertips. Increase the cook time or temperature, know exactly when your food is done. Keep the food warm or shut it off altogether.
7. Sous vide without expensive gadgets.
No need for extra accessories. MasterSous' magnetic stirring mechanism has a low profile attachment that circulates water under the provided sous vide rack to maintain a consistent water temperature.
Temperature sensors are accurate to the degree and MasterSous' digital controls make setting your time and temp painless.
8. One tool in place of many.
Save precious counter space with MasterSous vs. single-use cookers. It replaces deep-fryers, sous vide devices, steamers, rice cookers, crock pots, slow cookers and even your frying pan – although if you want to keep your cast iron skillet, we understand.
9. It's striking. Beautiful.
The brushed stainless steel pot is modern yet classic.
MasterSous will come in three colors. See below for details.
10. It's built to last.
This is engineered to be a premium machine. Less plastic and more metal – without making it unwieldy. Seals are tight. Rivets and screws are machined to be durable yet sleek. We want you to own this for a very long time.
Since the fully-functioning video prototypes were produced, we've refined the MasterSous that will be delivered to our backers. These improvements include:
- Replaced the Teflon-coated aluminum removable pot with stainless steel.
- New dial user interface to make choosing settings even easier and more intuitive.
- Improved ergonomic handles.
- A more streamlined magnetic breakaway power cord.
- A redesigned mobile app interface.
See our UPDATES page above for more details.
Words from some industry leaders:
"The MasterSous is essentially a Swiss Army cooking appliance. Its versatile design and numerous cooking settings allow you to cook just about anything in your recipe book." - Mashable
“I have spent 14 years preparing food on board corporate jets in the U.S. Air Force, serving meals to presidents, general officers, senators, and even celebrities in-flight. If I had the MasterSous back then, my job would have been exponentially easier, allowing me the freedom to tend to my guests and the peace of mind knowing my food was being precisely cooked. I truly believe the MasterSous, with its incredible technology and versatility, will completely revolutionize the kitchen industry." - Fred Johnson, Sr. Executive Chef, U.S. House of Representatives
"As a direct-to-consumer business owner offering fresh Maine seafood, I see great value in MasterSous and its impressive versatility, including its ability to sous vide. Seafood is most commonly consumed in restaurants because people are intimidated to prepare it themselves, but I really see MasterSous changing that and empowering seafood lovers everywhere to cook restaurant-quality meals in the comfort of their own homes.” - Mark Murrell, Owner of GetMaineLobster.com, one of the countries most popular premium seafood sellers.
"Sous vide is a fast-growing trend, but most sous vide appliances can only do that one thing — they are unitaskers. MasterSous bucks that trend with an innovative approach as an all-in-one multi-cooker." - Digital Trends Magazine
"MasterSous is a true sous vide multi-cooker." - International Housewares Association
"The MasterSous is a kitchen cooking appliance that will provide a fast, effective way to prepare your favorite meals without having to deal with pots, pans and complicated instructions. The MasterSous features a six-quart capacity that is capable of being used to simmer, sauté, sous vide, boil, slow-cook, deep dry and even steam. This makes it far better than the stovetop by incorporating a smart user interface that will let you choose from a number of pre-programmed settings to prepare your favorite meals." - Trend Hunters Magazine
"Save endless amounts of time, space, and money with this groundbreaking invention." - LegitGifts.com
Machine base and removable stainless steel pot.
- Three magnetic stirring arms: one to stir stews and soups, one to circulate water for sous vide and a third for sauté.
- Steamer rack.
- Safety magnetic "breakaway" power cord.
- Instructions to download the free mobile app.
- One of following three colors you will choose after the campaign ends:
Backers will be sent a survey after the campaign to choose which color they would like.
For more details on MasterSous, see our FAQ and UPDATES pages above.
Information below may change slightly as refinements are made for production.
- Available in three colors: Pure White, Steel Grey, MasterSous Orange.
- Stainless steel pot, handles and controls.
- Pot capacity: 6 quarts.
- Heating Power: 700W.
- Temperature range: 100°F - 450°F.
- Power Input: 110-120VAC (220-240V EU).
- Safety magnetic "breakaway" power cord.
Size and Weight:
- Height (with lid): 25"
- Width: 18"
- Depth: 18"
- Auto-shut off.
- Temperature sensor.
Display and Controls:
- Mobile app or on-unit controls.
- Temperature monitor.
- Stainless steel dial with tactile feel for intuitive setting selection (see UPDATES).
- Control function, temperature, cooking time, stirring interval, stirring speed, warmer, auto-off, one-touch presets or fully manual control.
- Expected retail price of $499.
- Expects to ship July 2018.
Dr. Collins and his two partners, Dan and Marlena Husted, created this unique cooking device and turned to crowdfunding to make their vision a reality.
With your generous support, a successful Kickstarter campaign will help us fund the production of a perfected MasterSous so we can deliver a refined, high-quality product to you and a national audience.
Our campaign ends November 19.
We can hardly wait to get MasterSous into your hands, so we’ve created an aggressive schedule to make it happen as quickly as possible. Once we reach our Kickstarter campaign goal, we will immediately launch into these next steps:
- We'll finish refining the machine, making MasterSous as beautiful and functional as we can get it before production.
- We'll produce our first run of Mastersous' for our campaign backers and ship them as soon as they are complete.
- We'll develop cookbooks and other accessories that help you get the most out of your new machine.
- We'll continue to build our community of users and backers so owners can get ideas and support from others who are as excited about owning MasterSous.
No matter how much time passes, we'll never forget our Kickstarter backers who helped make MasterSous, and our dream, possible.
- James Collins, Creator
Risks and challenges
We've been planning this project for over a year. We have fully functioning prototypes and know the technology works. We've done our homework with the engineers, designers, programmers and manufacturing. Nobody likes delays, and we’re doing everything we can to deliver on an achievable and responsible schedule.
That said, this is a complex, premium product that's going to be built to last a long time. If we run into some issues, our team will be here to communicate every step of the way. The bottom line is that we are confident in our ability to deliver a product you'll be proud to own and talk about with your family and friends.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (48 days)