Saigon 75 is a simple and swift strategic game, simulating the fratricidal struggle between North and South Vietnam from Summer 1973 to Spring 1975. Everything is contained within a few pages of rules and 1 hour of fun, with pressure at every moment! The game portrays the differences between North Vietnamese divisions and the Rangers/Marines/Paratroopers and other units of the South Vietnamese. Air power and desertion are also featured, with the experience being completed by event cards that give the game great replayability. An ingenious mix that keeps the players on tenterhooks right up to the last turn!
There will be no Pledge Manager.
- English and French versions are in the same box (2 sets of cards and rulebooks).
- The gameboard is in English and in French (both languages are on it).
- The card size is 63 x 88mm and the cards are 300gsm.
- The box size is slightly bigger than an A4 (310 x 220 x 50mm).
- You can use the punchboard instead of the D6 during activation phase (each side can draw one token randomly during this phase). The tokens that were used are then discarded. You can also change the difficulty of the game by removing some of them before the beginning of the game.
- Kickstarter Exclusive components won't be available in retail and have been designed specifically for this Kickstarter campaign. They may also be available during special events after the Kickstarter (conventions, contests, etc.).
- There were 8 solo cards but you have unlocked 2 more cards.
- The scenarios are for 2 players only.
The neoprene map
The A1 neoprene map is approximatively 594 x 841 mm and 1mm thick.
One of the players controls the "communist" forces of the North (North Vietnamese Army and the Viet Cong) and the other controls the "liberal" forces of the South (the Army of the Republic of Vietnam). The game is played on a board representing a map of the southern part of Vietnam. Cambodia, Laos and North Vietnam are also represented, and constitute territories that may only be used by North’s forces. If, at the end of any turn, the North player controls Saigon province the game ends with a North victory. The South player wins by successfully defending Saigon until the end of Turn 8.
All units have 1 movement point, apart from mechanised SV units that have 2. Moving into an adjacent province costs 1 movement point.
Combat and Air support
Any unit belonging to the active player that is in the same province as at least one enemy unit may engage in combat. It is never compulsory to attack. The players roll as many dice as there are units engaged in the combat, plus any possible bonus Battle Dice. Each Air Support marker gives the SV player a bonus Air Support Battle Die for the combat.
Retreats must be made into an adjacent province under friendly control that contains more friendly units than enemy units. In the event it cannot retreat, the unit concerned is reduced (and may therefore be eliminated).
The SV player counts the provinces controlled by the NV, rolls a die and consults the Desertion Table on the board in order to calculate the number of SV units that desert. Units that desert are removed from the board.
A province that is occupied solely by units from the one side is controlled by that side.
This is a draft, the rulebooks may slightly change.
The development of the solo mode has been completed, and the rulebook is being written and proofread. In the solo mode, you play the South, while the North is controlled by a deck of cards (AI). There is not a lot of difference between the solo and two-player modes in terms of the rules and the winning conditions. In this mode, you draw one card on each NV sub Phase (movement, attack, etc.) to know what the AI will do. You can read more details about the solo mode in News n°9.
- There will be no Pledge Manager.
- Receive additional copies of Saigon (Hué pledge) by adding $56 / €50 per copy to your pledge. The MSRP for the game is $69 / €62. Don't forget to add the corresponding shipping costs.
- Receive additional copies of Saigon plus neoprene maps (Da Nang pledge) by adding $ 95 / € 85 per copy to your pledge. Don't forget to add the corresponding shipping costs.
If you are a retailer and you want to buy the game, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our goal is to reach 200 additional "Like" on Facebook. We will add the new "Like" from our 2 pages: Nuts Publishing and Nuts Publishing France). If we succeed, the white die will be replaced by one yellow activation die and one red activation die (each player will have his own activation die).
Reviews & Videos
- "All in all, this looks a smooth design, quick to learn, swift to play, but with its own distinctive features." Mike Wall, A wargamer's needful things
- "A solid game... A lot of interesting elements... historically reasonable... I had a fun time playing this game." The Player's Aid
- "The asymetric nature of the game offers two different gameplay experiences". Dés en mousse
Meeple University (English)
The Players' Aid (English)
Homo Ludens (English)
Dés en Mousse (French)
Nuts! Publishing is a small company and by pledging now, you will help us to publish this game. Without your help, we won't be able to print Saigon 75. You will also receive Kickstarter exclusive content (see Components part) and have a special discount (the MSRP for the game is $69 / €62).
Our other games (avalaible on our website)
- URBAN OPERATIONS ($83 / €75).
- ITALIA 1917-1918 : A FAREWELL TO ARMS ($52 / €47).
- FITNA – THE GLOBAL WAR IN THE MIDDLE EAST ($55 / €49.5).
- TO THE LAST MAN! ($72 / €65).
- OFFENSIVE ROADS : STALINGRAD ($60 / €54).
- THIS WAR WITHOUT AN ENEMY: THE ENGLISH CIVIL WAR, 1642-1646 ($58 / € 52).
- These games are not add-ons, you can't add them to your Kickstarter pledge.
Risks and challenges
We are in contact with manufacturers and fulfillment companies. The game has been tested and the graphic design is almost complete. The components are simple and we did not add a lot of add-ons. We will communicate regularly and transparently to keep you informed of any possible delays (unforeseen events, delays in production, delays in transportation, etc.).Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (14 days)