You guys are amazing and all of the support you have shown us throughout this campaign has been appreciated by every single one of us involved in this project! We wouldn’t be this close to our goal without all of you and for that you have our eternal gratitude!
In today’s update we wanted to share an example to highlight the visual differences between the characters that will be available at the start of the game and the characters you will receive through the backer rewards and add-ons. These aren’t exactly what the characters will look like in the game, but rather an example of the difference in design you can expect to see when you receive the Kickstarter character.
This character shown below is an example showing the base character. Fierce, mighty, and ready for action!
The image below shows an example of how much the Kickstarter Edition Characters will change compared to the base character design. The base characters will look amazing in their own way, but for the Kickstarter characters we wanted to make sure that you would stand out in the battlefield!
Additionally here are some bonus character sketches for you guys to enjoy. Remember these are early concepts and as we further into development these characters will evolve and come to life.
In addition to the character art, we wanted to show you an example of what the t-shirt from the add-on list will look like. The design is subject to change however we will make sure that the design we choose will be one that will make you want to wear the shirt every day (well, almost every day!).
As for add-ons, we have seen quite a few requests come in asking us to allow for a digital copy of the game to be added to the list. We have considered this option and have decided to allow you to add-on 1 additional copy of the game, and you will be able to choose whether you want it to be a physical copy or a digital copy (restricted to PC/Mac/Linux). Each backer is only allowed to add-on one copy of Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians, however this way you are able to choose the best copy for your needs (physical or digital).
Updated Add-On List:
- Special Kickstarter Edition Character Package (all 4 characters) - $15
- Special Kickstarter Edition Character - $5
- Kickstarter Exclusive Game Package - $5
- PC/Mac/Linux Physical or Digital Copy of the Game - $15 (limited to one copy per backer, either physical or digital)
- Unsung Story Card Game + 5 Exclusive Kickstarter Edition Cards (iOS and Android only) - $7 (limited to one per backer)
- CD Soundtrack - $10 (include $15 for international shipping)
- Digital Soundtrack - $8
- Printed Strategy Guide - $25 (include $15 for international shipping)
- Digital Strategy Guide - $20
- Printed Art Book - $30 (include $15 for international shipping)(This art book will have a soft cover, while the art book being offered as a backer reward will have a hard cover)
- Digital Art Book - $10
- Unsung Story T-Shirt - $25 (include $15 for international shipping)(NOTE: This T-Shirt is NOT the same T-Shirt that is being offered as a reward)
If you are an international backer you will need to add $15 for shipping if you already have not added shipping based off of your backer tier. You only need to pay for shipping one time!
In order to take advantage of these add-ons you will need to do the following:
- Click the “Manage Your Pledge” button.
- Adjust your pledge amount to reflect the add-ons you wish to purchase. So for example, if you want to purchase the soundtrack you will need to add $10 do your current pledge amount.
- Do not change the tier you are currently pledged at unless you want to change your tier as well. For add-ons you will just need to add the specified amount to your pledge.
After the campaign has ended we will send out a survey in order to find out which add-on(s) you purchased size of the T-shirt, and other customizations where possible. We have more exciting information coming out soon that I know you will all be excited about.
For those of you who missed the AMA with Joel Goodman you can view it here: http://www.reddit.com/r/theunsungstory/comments/1xtl33/ama_with_joel_goodman_playdeks_chief_executive/
We will also host another AMA tomorrow with Gary Weis again, our Chief Technology Officer, to allow you guys to ask any remaining technical questions you may have.
Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/theunsungstory/ (we will post in the comment section and on this update the exact URL when it is created)
Date/Time: February 14, 2014, at 2:00pm PST / 5:00pm EST
We will also be sure to have a few people from Playdek hop on our IRC channel throughout the day to talk to you and answer some of your questions! To join the IRC you can visit our website here: http://unsungstory.com/wp/chat/
Thank you everyone for your support and for joining us on this amazing journey! We have come such a long way during this campaign and without all of you none of this would be possible! Again we want to reassure everyone that we will open up PayPal after this campaign ends and we are more than happy to prove going forward the value of the game through continued development progress updates.
We are confident that we will be able to build up more confidence in this game and reach all of the goals we set out to accomplish. This may happen quick after the campaign, or it might take a few months, but either way it is still possible.
Thank you again for everything so far and you guys have been truly amazing and the best partners we could have asked for!