Rolf is a quick and simple-to-learn party game designed by Robert Burke and co-published with DFTBA Games. The point of the game is to be quicker, wittier, and funnier than the other people playing. That's how you win! But even those who don't win still get to enjoy just how quick, witty, and funny you are. So it's really win-win. Our hope is that Rolf will contribute to reducing world suck by providing a fun, simple framework that brings people together for social interaction, and laughter.
What Makes Rolf Special?
- Rolf lets players decide if their experience will be family friendly, or not. The cards are all G-rated, but player responses can easily take it into the adult party game category. A blast for kids, and a blast for adults.
- The game can be learned in about 15 seconds (maybe 30 if you're a bit slow). Rolf can actually be learned by reading the back of the box!
- Replay value is through the roof. Rolf offers hundreds of cards, with two phrases per card, so it's never the same game twice. In fact, you would have to play a LOT of Rolf to ever hear the same phrase.
- The variants included in the game are not just afterthoughts, they are unique variants on the game that expand the re-playability even more!
- Rolf is scalable and accessible, it's a solid 15 minute filler to start or end your game night, or can be played for hours with your non-gamer friends and family. The game supports 3 to 12 players!
Remember when we told you way back in the second bullet point of this campaign that you could learn to play Rolf from the back of the box? Well, here's the back of the box:
Still want more? Here's a link to the full rules.
Hank Green & friends play Rolf.
See Rolf in action with Hank Green, John Green, Matt Sloan, Aaron Yonda, Craig Benzine & Robert Burke.
Hold on there my pretty little chickens! There's a lot more to Rolf than just the standard game. In fact, there are multiple variants you can play right out of the box. Take a minute and peruse them below, dig?
And here's what you get for your 25 clams:
Every Kickstarter backer who pledges $25 or more, gets the Kickstarter exclusive expansion pack! If you pledge at the $40 level, you'll also get the NSFW expansion pack, and the Beer & Boardgames expansion pack. Each expansion will add 25 more cards (50 phrases). The base game includes 210 cards (420 phrases).
Please note, the Kickstarter expansion is exclusive to our Kickstarter backers. The Beer & Board Games and NSFW expansions will be available post Kickstarter, but will be sold through limited retail channels.
Where did the name and idea for Rolf come from?
Risks and challenges
Rolf is complete, so there is no more testing that needs to be done. The graphic design, and rules are complete. We do not expect any delays to get the game to the printer. Both DFTBA Games and Robert Burke Games have delivered on a multitude of projects in the past, and while some have run into delays, we do not expect any with Rolf, as it is a very straightforward product that's ready to go.
However, you are pledging for a product that does not yet exist, and while the product is fully developed, delays can happen if the proofs are not of the quality we expect, or if our manufacturing/shipping partners have unexpected issues or delays. We will address and communicate any issues beyond our control that we feel will cause any delay in delivering your rewards by the estimated delivery dates.
- (27 days)