Mom's Mason Jar Hanger
Mom's Mason Jar Hanger
Mom’s Mason Jar Hanger - organizing your edibles, mixables and drinkables.
Mom’s Mason Jar Hanger - organizing your edibles, mixables and drinkables. Read more
What is Mom’s Mason Jar Hanger?
Mom’s Mason Jar Hanger is a fully customizable and scalable Mason Jar storage solution. It allows anyone to organize, arrange, store, find and retrieve mason jar preserved goods in an incredibly easy way.
In a nutshell Mom’s Mason jar Hanger is the ultimate building block for your very own amazing Mason Jar Rack.
Why did we make the Jar Hanger?
This product came about as a result of the love of preserving the bounty of our gardens. Passed on to us by our mothers and grandmothers; it is for them that we named it Mom’s Mason Jar Hanger.
Having back yard vegetable gardens has been a blessing to our families. Over the past few years, the bounty of the summer months has been both amazing and delicious. Like most gardeners we work hard to preserve all our fruits and vegetables so we can share them with our friends and enjoy them all year round. Using Mason Jars has proven to be one of the easiest and most convenient ways to store the fruits of our labor.
While mason jars come in all shapes and sizes, they all have one thing in common - there is no easy way to organize and arrange them in a way which makes it easy to find and retrieve the one jar you need.
After speaking to many of our friends in the canning and jarring community we discovered that today there are two primary ways to store your jars.
(1) Stacking jars in the boxes they came in....
- It is hard to remember which jar is in which box
- You have to move heavy boxes full of jars just so you can access the one jar you are looking for
- And there is no easy way to see now many full jars you have left
(2) Using all the shelf space in your pantry or garage, but ...
- Not everyone has the shelf space for a large number of mason jars.
- A large shelf may look like a sea of silver jar lids, making it hard to find the jar you are looking for.
- You cannot stack jars on top of each other, so there is always lots of wasted space!
So, you say, what is this Mason Jar Hanger thing good for and who can use it?
Well, here are just some of the people that can use Mom's Mason Jar Hanger:
- Home gardeners and people who like preserving food in jars - Easily arrange, store, find, retrieve and show off all your preserved goods
- Preppers - Maximize your storage space
- Exhibitors at farmers markets – proudly show off your products
- Craft goods retailer
- Do it yourselfers
- Owners of country cabins and hunting cabins
- Home and kitchen organizers
- Mothers who do not want their children knocking over stacked jars
- Restaurant and bar owners.
But anyone who uses mason jars can benefit from the Jar Hanger and it is just as versatile and easy to use as mason jars are. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination - the world is your very own mason jar rack.
What can I use it for?
Again, let your imagination run wild! Food storage is a natural fit, but why stop there? Crafters can use it to organize and store the odds and ends in the garage, by separating parts by size, type, color, etc., while saving storage space at the same time. Party hosts can impress with their home bar's wall of customized infusions. Mom's Mason Jar hanger can be used for whatever you want to organize or show off!
Where can I install it?
Mom’s Mason Jar Hanger can be installed in almost any setting:
- Peg boards /Tool boards
- Wood walls
- Under cabinets
- Inside cabinets
- Under /Over bar areas
- Just about anywhere else.
Is it easy to install?
Installation is very easy - for most installations you will only need a screwdriver. All hardware needed for installation will be supplied by us.(Drywall installation will require drywall anchors).
Screw in the mount and slide the rack on top... done Quick and Easy
The design looks simple enough, but it is more meets the eye! It was important that we make Mom's Mason Jar Hanger:
- Simple to install
- Simple to use
- Durable – the materials and finish we chose will make this product last for many years to come
- Versatile - so everyone can easily use it, anywhere in the house
- It had to be scalable – whether you have 3 jars or 350 jars, Mom’s Mason Jar Hanger can fit your needs
- It had to be inexpensive
- It had to look good
Progress so far:
We have the manufacturer lined up and ready to go. Once the kickstarter campaign is over, we will have to have to perform tooling and final touches, followed by production and shipping the final product to you just in time for the 2014 canning season.
Why do we need your Help?
When we first made the jar hanger, it was supposed to be for personal use only. When more of our friends saw it, everyone asked when and where they could get some for themselves. That’s when we decided to share our invention with everyone.
After months of talking to (what seems like hundreds) of manufacturers from near and far we found the right one. Now we need your help to raise money for the tooling and large enough quantity so that the price is as low as possible for everyone.
What’s Next? (Project Schedule)
- Kickstarter campaign ends – February 8th 2014
- Collect color and size choices from all Kickstarter backers - March 1st 2014
- Tooling, testing and final touches – February/March 2014
- Manufacturing – April/May 2014
- Ship rewards to backers – May / June 2014 (just in time for the 2014 canning season)
Meet the Team:
Our names are Alex and Iliya. We have been best friends most of our lives. While we both work in the high tech industry, one of our life long hobbies has been to come up with simple low tech solutions to life’s every day problems. We hope that our small invention can make the world a better place for everyone.
Mom’s Mason Jar Hanger has been very useful to both of our families and we want you to enjoy it too.
Thank You for Your Support
Video Credits and Personal Thanks:
Special thank you to our friends who helped us with the creation of our video:
- James Knouse –http://walkingkindofbirdproductions.com/- Filming and Editing
- Kacy Trujillo – director and producer of video
- Kelton Temby – all around amazing guy (and stunt double for Alex)
- Corrine Trujillo – Otter Lab Logo Design
Also special thanks our beautiful wives (Jennie and Macey) who have been so very patient and supportive during this entire project.
All of our friends and neighbors for their invaluable feedback during the creation of our invention.
What kind of Jars does it work with?
Mom's Mason Jar Hanger works with either standard mouth mason jars or wide mouth mason jars. However, they will not be interchangeable. The best known and largest maker of mason jars is the Ball Company. These are the jars that will work best.
How many jars can I fit on it?
It will fit 3 pint size or smaller mason Jars, or 2 quart size mason jars.
What material is it made from?
Mom’s Mason Jar Hanger will be available in 2 materials:
- 1 mm thick steel, powder coated and clear coated
- 1 mm brushed stainless steel
Are there different colors?
During this campaign we will offer 3 color choices:
- Stainless Steel
- Please note that the pictures are of pre-production units that have not received the nice powder coating finish.
- Lastly, we are happy to announce that we have a patent pending status for Mom's Mason Jar Hanger.
After the beginning of the Kickstarter campaign we received a number of earthquake safety questions and requests for a device or a cap for the front of the jar hanger. After some prototyping and testing, we came up with a simple solution ...
Risks and challenges
At the moment we do not foresee any risks or challenges related to our project. We have explored various and varied options for manufacturing as well as distribution and are well positioned to meet any challenge.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (46 days)