This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Mon, June 3 2019 7:01 PM UTC +00:00.
We’re excited to announce The Crypt in Cadaver Canyon, another thrilling Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG adventure from the mind of author Mark Bishop. This campaign will also help us combine the new module with Mark’s previous adventures to create a massive new omnibus version: The Sullenlands Adventure Omnibus and Guide!
We’ve chosen to kickstart this effort for a few important reasons, including:
- To allow us to enhance the project with the talents of two of our favorite artists: Stefan Poag and Peter Mullen!
- To expand the Omnibus into a full-fledged campaign guide, filled with new monsters, magic items, world details, additional adventure, and more!
- To make additional content like beautiful new battlemaps and posters possible.
We think your players will love this new adventure, and any Judge will benefit from the new content found in the campaign guide. We hope you’ll join us on this exciting new adventure!
The Crypt in Cadaver Canyon
The Crypt in Cadaver Canyon challenges 4-6 2nd level adventurers to save a hidden desert city (along with its cursed inhabitants) from the wrath of a devious and chaotic god. Its 48 digest-sized pages are packed with dangerous environments, exotic threats, and a world-shaking finale with thousands of lives on the line!
Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG adventures are easily adaptable to work in any ‘old school’ system, so the adventure and additional materials will benefit any GM looking to deliver some classic adventuring to their players, even if DCC isn’t your system of choice!
The Sullenlands Adventure Omnibus and Guide
At it’s most basic level, the Omnibus will combine all three of Mark’s adventures (Nebin Pendlebrook’s Perilous Pantry, The Frost Fang Expedition, and The Crypt in Cadaver Canyon) into a single beautiful book. As stretch goals are met, the Omnibus will expand to include:
- World details: cities, towns, thieves guilds and more!
- New Monsters
- New Magic Items
- Random Encounters and Events
- A new mini-adventure: The Bellows of Bromforge (featuring the amazing artwork of Misinkthrope!)
- And more!
When complete, The Sullenlands Adventure Omnibus and Guide will come in at almost 300 digest-sized pages of adventuring goodness, taking your players from zero to 3rd level and beyond!
This is where things get fun! As your pledges to the campaign mount, we’ll be able to add all sort of cool stuff to the Kickstarter:
- $3000: Stefen Poag will create an awesome cover for The Crypt in Cadaver Canyon!
- $3500: We’ll add The Life in the Sullenlands campaign guide to the Omnibus!
- $4000: Peter Mullens will create a wrap-around cover for the Omnibus!
- $4250: We’ll add paper miniatures for The Crypt in Cadaver Canyon!
- $4500: We’ll include an exciting mini-adventure in the Omnibus: The Bellows of Bromforge (featuring the amazing artwork of Misinkthrope).
- $5000: We’ll include a Dwarf Cleric Class, and a full patron write-up for a Dwarven god Greythaak the Bearded Anvil
- $5500: We’ll add a plethora of fun random tables, including encounters, events, character deaths, names, magic items, and more!
- $6000: We’ll add beautiful, high-resolution Crypt PDF battlemaps by Frank Turfler
- $6500: We’ll add a POD poster code for Peter’s amazing cover for backers in the US. (Since DriveThruRPG only prints posters in the US, International backers will receive a PDF copy of the poster, and a free copy of the 0-level funnel Perils of the Sunken City).
- $7000: We’ll add a POD poster code for Stefan’s amazing cover for backers in the US. (For international backers, as above but additionally a free copy the 0-level funnel The Ooze Pits of Jonas Gralk).
- $7500: We’ll add a POD poster code for the Sullenlands world map for backers in the US. (For international backers, as above but additionally a free copy of the zero level funnel A Gathering of the Marked).
- $8000: ??? (But it will be fun!)
If you already own Nebin Pendlebrook’s Perilous Pantry and The Frost Fang Expedition, we want to reward your loyalty. If you back at the Digital Everything level or higher, just let us know in an email (or a comment when you order), and we will add a special bonus short adventure written by Jon Marr to your package that currently isn’t available anywhere else. (If you’re a fan of the Sunken City, you’re going to like this one!) Thanks so much for your continuing support!
How POD Printing and Shipping Works
How does a POD Kickstarter work, exactly? If you pledge at a POD level, you will get emailed a coupon code from DriveThruRPG to be able to purchase the book at only the actual printing cost plus the actual postage. This means no mark up at all.
As the printing will be conducted in both the US and UK, the shipping costs should be reasonable for many backers. If you haven’t ordered POD books from DriveThruRPG before, contact us and we can help determine if shipping to your country is possible, and if makes sense financially!
We highly recommend ordering all POD titles in one order, as this will cut down on shipping costs considerably! (All the POD codes will be sent to you at the same time). Printing and shipping both books and the stretch goals should likely cost in the range of $12-16 in the US. Many countries will only cost a few dollars more, but some can be significantly more expensive to ship to. Again, just contact us and we can help you make the best choice!
Want to See the Quality of the Previous Books in the Series?
Check out these older videos introducing the print versions of both Nebin Pendlebrook’s Perilous Pantry and The Frost Fang Expedition:
About Purple Sorcerer Games
We’ve been creating free Dungeon Crawl Classics tools since the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG beta was released in 2011. Our popular Zero-Level Party Generator has produced millions of characters doomed to be ground up in DCC’s popular funnel adventures, and over the years we’ve added many utilities that thousands of DCC players rely on. (Including the Ennie-Award winning Crawler’s Companion game management app, the Sorcerer’s Grimoire spellbook, utility, the Upper Level Character Generator, and the Mutant Crawl Classics Generator). All of the tools are generously supported by the amazing DCC community each year through a pledge drive that helps pay for server costs, computer expenses, mobile device acquisition for testing, and much more!
Once the DCC RPG was officially released, our adventure Perils of the Sunken City was the first DCC 3rd party adventure published. (Beating Attack of the Frawgs from our good friends at Thick Skull Adventures by a couple days). It was followed by 3 additional Sunken City adventures that were eventually combined into the best-selling Sunken City Adventure Omnibus and Guide: we’re grateful that it continues to be one of the first titles picked up by many players new to DCC!
We’ve been lucky to work with some of the best writers in the old school RPG community. In addition to Mark‘s adventures mentioned in this Kickstarter, we’ve also published David Baity’s fan-favorite tournament adventure The Carnival of the Damned, and Terry Olson’s thrilling Escape from the Shrouded Fen.
About the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG
Return to the glory days of fantasy with the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG from Goodman Games. Adventure as 1974 intended you to, with modern rules grounded in the origins of sword & sorcery. Fast play, cryptic secrets, and a mysterious past await you. Find out more at http://goodman-games.com.
If you haven’t caught on by now, if you’re new to Dungeon Crawl Classics, the community surrounding DCC and Goodman Games is a welcoming, wonderful, and creative bunch. For our part, we consider it a privilege to be a part of this great group of gamers. We’d love to welcome you to join in on the fun!
Risks and challenges
Over the years we’ve successfully published many adventures using the same procedures that will be used to deliver this Kickstarter, and we don’t expect any issues here. Save for its stretch-goal cover, The Crypt in Cadaver Canyon is complete and ready to ship, and most of the additional content for the Omnibus is well on its way to completion. Unexpected challenges in the print-proof processes of the books, or delays in the delivery of the stretch-goal content from 3rd parties might trigger delays, but since we’ve built in a comfortable cushion, we consider that highly unlikely. If we do run into any issues, we promise to keep you in the know every step of the way.
Thank you for considering pledging to our campaign!
Visit us at Purple Sorcerer Games (https://purplesorcerer.com)
- Jon & MarkLearn about accountability on Kickstarter