What you get
- 4 pewter miniatures in the 28mm scale, made in England
- Miniatures are all in one piece, no need for assembly
- FREE worldwide shipping!
The Heroes of Dread Streets
Allow us to present to you: Our heroes from concept art to pewter.
The Brawler is the close combat expert of Dread Streets. But of course, being such a gentleman... uhm ... pair of gentlemen, they would never stoop to kicking someone who is already down.
The Swashbuckler is the fastest character in Dread Streets, being able to perform unrealistic, ridiculous stunts to entertain the spectators!
The Shooter does... just that. But in Dread Streets, shooting is more about shooting off hats, shooting with grappling hooks, you name it!
The Trickster is the odd character, being armed with nothing more than her wits, and ability to find usefull stuff hidden in chests...
Up your pledge to get original artwork
Our artist, Mike Dominic, offers his original b/w concept art for the miniatures. We've added a pledge for a set of miniatures plus the artwork. If you have already pledged (Early Bird), just up your pledge with 150 DKK (23 USD). In either case, send us a message telling us which piece of artwork you would like. Each piece can be sold only once!
UNLOCKED: Add-on building
If you add exactly 25 DKK (3,80 USD) to your pledge, you'll get one random MDF building from last years "Dread Streets Fantasy Village."
The offer is valid along with any set of "Heroes of Dread Streets."
The Game of Cinematic Swashbuckling
Our miniatures can be used for Dread Streets: The Cinematic Swashbuckling game from Wargame Vault. The game PDF includes rules, cards and tokens, short stories, and lots of humorous artwork. To get an impression look at our "How to Play" video here:
Meet the sculptor
The sculptor of the 4 Heroes of Dread Streets is Sonny Bundgaard, the founder of the Rogue Trader gaming club in Copenhagen.
Meet the art & design team
- Mike Dominic, concept artist, he is the founder of AIM Comics.
- Rebecca Ingham, has illustrated the rulebook, and is an active member of the indie comic group Urkraft.
- Layouter and video wizard, Jesper F. Nielsen, is also the writer of the Danish RPG Asteria.
Meet the writing team
- Project manager, Rasmus Wichmann, has worked on a bewildering number of projects, including Danish RPG Ulvevinter, the roleplayer boarding school Epos, and different LARPS's for museums.
- Writer Bjarke Christensen thought up Dread Streets way back in 2013, as a way to homage classics like Prince of Shadows and Mordheim. And he is an evil, evil GM.
Risks and challenges
Casting miniatures can be a risky business, since you run the risk of damaging the original "greens" when you make a master mould. If everything goes all right, you may still end up with a miniature that has to be assembled.
For that reason we decided to work with the esteemed Griffin Moulds in England. They've cast pewter miniatures for many industry titans and veterans.
We were duly impressed that they were able to cast all of our miniatures in once piece, which shows us we made the right choice!
- (14 days)