Innovation results from using a little creativity to solve life’s problems. In my case, I needed something small enough to attach to a zipper or keychain yet, sharp enough to slice through daily tasks. And thus, the Bandit Titanium keychain locking pocket knife was born.
At the mere size of your standard house key, the Bandit Titanium is discreet. Slide it in your jeans’ coin pocket. Throw it on your bundle of keys. Heck, attach it to the zipper of your favorite jacket. I've attached one to my zipper of my fishing pouch. This folding knife makes a statement without having to announce it.
Despite its miniature size, the Bandit Titanium can take on tasks that are too big for lesser pocket knives or small cutting tools. It can slice through annoying heat-sealed packaging, cut persistent zip ties, and even whittle a pencil to a nice sharp point.
An everyday carry tool needs to be able to withstand your everyday grind, so we’ve built the Bandit out of some tough stuff:
- The body is made of Grade 5 Titanium, a metal known for its strength and minimal weight.
- The blade is made of hardened AUS-8 Stainless Steel.
- The pivot and lever is made of stainless steel as well.
Every component is made with the tightest tolerances, resulting in a strong, sturdy and lightweight knife that will endure the worst.
How Is it Built?
The pivot post and lever is the mechanism that allows for the smooth opening and closing of the blade. It’s crucial to the life of the knife, so we’ve spent extra time ensuring that these parts were machined and cut with tight tolerances to deliver smooth, reliable action. There are no flimsy complicated metal parts. The pivot post can also be tightened as the blade wears to prevent blade play.
I’ve tried other knives of a similar size and found that they were just a novelty. It was tough to get a good grip on the thing for some practical cutting tasks. Other tools like razor blades just won't cut it as they are limited in their tasks and I didn't want to change blades. With the Bandit, functionality is the foremost priority. A fold out blade design, in addition to the lower notch and the flat spine offers you enough real estate for a better grip and provides adequate leverage for more difficult cutting tasks. Other tiny keychain tools do not have sufficient length for proper cutting.
The Bandit Titanium has a modern timeless design that features rounded corners for comfort and increased durability. Jimping (small grooves) found on the spine of the knife promotes grip during more strenuous tasks. At the bottom side, you’ll find the 4mm built-in loop that allows you to attach it to a key ring or lanyard. There is no need for any small split ring attachment.
The blade is 1.2 inches long and is made from hardened AUS-8 Stainless Steel. The blade is heat treated to 58/60HRC, in addition it will go through a cryogenic process which removes residual stresses and improves wear resistance. We chose this metal for its ability to hold its edge for longer while also being easy to re-sharpen when needed. The blade thickness is a generous 2mm. You will never need to change a blade. Each Bandit is sharpened and ready to use right out of the box.
- Blade thickness - 2mm with no blade changing & easy to re-sharpen
- Made with hardened AUS-8 stainless steel
- Comes sharp right out of the box
- The Bandit is custom manufactured, meticulously machined, and hand finished.
- Stainless steel pivot allows for a lifetime of use.
- Stainless steel lever mechanism is designed to withstand normal wear and tear.
- The blade is made for daily tasks and is ready to use right when you get it.
- Screw pivot can be tightened if needed but not any time soon.
- Extremely durable with a rust-proof blade that holds a sharper edge for longer.
- The body is made of titanium that is strong and lightweight.
- Built to last. The Bandit can take a few punches.
- Small, compact and ultra-light.
- Rounded smooth corners to ensure comfort and no wear on pockets.
- Doesn’t weigh down your keys, pocket or zipper.
- Slim locking blade that takes up minimal space and will not fold back on your fingers.
- Adds a productive tool to your everyday carry.
- Use it to open boxes or anything that requires more effort than your fingers.
- Cut, pry, pop and tighten.
- Flip out the blade for instant access in time of need.
- It is handy and may get more use than some of your keys.
- You will soon discover that it’s now an essential part of your everyday carry.
The Bandit knife is designed to be a basic, do-everything blade that just happens to be housed in a simple eye-catching handle. No unnecessary add-ons, the single blade simply acts as your trusty sidekick in everyday life.
Why you need a small pocket knife?
How many times have you been in a situation where you’ve said to yourself, “Heck, a knife would be really handy now!” Here are a few instances when a pocket knife can come in handy or just make the simple things in life more enjoyable:
- Open boxes
- Open letters
- Cut zip ties
- Cut cordage or twine
- Trim loose thread
- Sharpen a stick or a pencil
- Cut, pick, pry - many uses
- General small tasks
Kickstarter Early Bird Price $30 Includes Domestic Shipping (all gone!)
Kickstarter Standard Price $36 Includes Domestic Shipping
If they are available after Kickstarter Price will be $40.
Invest in a knife that you are proud to show off, is comfortable in your pocket, and one that reflects personality. A tiny little pocket knife that feels good in your hand, that you’ll take pride in and want to carry around plus won’t break the bank. It's tiny and titanium!
Risks and challenges
The funds raised from Kickstarter will allow me to create the Bandit Titanium on a larger scale and offer it to the public at an affordable price. But I need your help to do it!
Everything needed to kick off the manufacturing process is complete. The design and prototyping is done and all materials are in place. It’s just a matter of giving the factory the green light once the project is complete and funded.
I have worked with my machinist and manufacturer for some time now and have built a strong working relationship. My manufacturer is ready to go and delivery date is set. I am working with a factory that specializes solely with this type of product and materials, so I do not expect any hiccups.
I am excited to get the Bandit in your hand so you can feel and experience the quality for yourself and add this little gem to your everyday carry.
The only delay I foresee happening is if there are an extensive amount of backers that would add additional time to the delivery date.
Thank you for your support,
- (45 days)