This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Sun, June 2 2019 5:36 PM UTC +00:00.
Don't be stuck drawing maps with dry erase marker ever again. This collection of 350+ Modular Map Tiles makes sure that your players have a unique map to play on every session. Whether they are looking for loot in dungeons, getting lost in a forest, or fighting monsters in the caverns below, your players will love the immersive experience these map tiles will add to their campaign. Perfect for at home printing, or for use online.
See our latest public update for info regarding new and better stretch goals!
These full color map tiles feature realistic textures and a 1" grid for maximum playability. Set up is easy, all you have to do is hit print, cut them out and start building the dungeon of your dreams.
Tiles come in 3 styles (Dungeon, Forest, and Cavern) with most of the tiles having multiple variations to achieve an unthinkable amount of different map combinations.
Learn more about what's included below, and don't forget to check out the tile samples and stretch goals!
Starting Goal ($2000 CAD) - 350 Printable Modular Map Tiles:
- 150 Dungeon Tiles
- 100 Forest Tiles
- 100 Cavern Tiles
The modular map tiles are delivered as high resolution 300DPI 5"X5" images and in PDF form (2 tiles to a page) in an organized ZIP file available for download at your convenience.
Make sure to click the above image to get a better look at the tile textures. The images below are lower resolution due to Kickstarter's image size requirements!
To ensure the seamless textures, lighting, and lines on the tiles the pieces that exist at adjacent angles (4 corners in a room for example) are made as their own tiles (not just rotated) and does contribute to the total tile count. This is especially important with the cavern tiles where they are built to have one solid light source for ridge edges, etc. But fear not, there are 150+ unique tiles in this set.
The possibilities are endless. And our stretch goals make for even more exciting possibilities. Speaking of which...
$2300 CAD - Map Config Book & Environment Tiles [Locked]
- Map Book is a PDF booklet containing 15 unique map layouts for each map type (Dungeon, Forest, Cavern) to help you build a full map on the fly, or get ideas for your next session.
- 5 Small maps, 5 medium maps, and 5 large maps for each.
- Click here for example. (Design / Layout subject to change)
- Environment Tiles includes items such as trees, stones, walls, doors, stairs, grates, and markers.
$2600 CAD - Transition Tiles [Locked]
- 24 Map Transition Tiles to help connect between the different map types. Transition between forest to cavern, cavern to dungeon, dungeon to cavern, etc.
- This includes standard wide and narrow sized vertical and horizontal transition tiles.
$3400 CAD - More Transition Tiles & New Hazard Tiles [Locked]
- 48 new transition tiles to help connect between the different map types. These are corner transition tiles in wide and narrow sizes. All corner angles are included.
- 20 new cut-out Environmental Hazards. Includes water, lava, quicksand, traps, etc.
$4500 CAD - 100+ Piece Building Tile Set [Locked]
Build your own house, tavern, inn, etc. layout with this basic building layout tile set. This set includes:
- Wall and floor pieces, hallways, and basic rooms.
- Environmental items such as carpets, tables, beds, etc.
- An additional 15 Map Configurations added to the booklet (5 Small maps, 5 medium maps, and 5 large maps for this set).
Back in October of 2018 I had a successful Kickstarter project that gave people access to over 85 unique table top gaming maps! I want to give you the chance to get these maps in all their glory at a discounted price for backing this campaign. This bundle saves you $3 off retail price of both sets combined. Get the tiles and the maps for only $25 CAD ($18.62 US).
These maps were made to be printed, or used online. They are made to-scale, meaning that when you print the maps the grids on them are approximately 1"! The map categories included: Caverns, Keeps, Dungeons, Forest Pathways, Taverns, Inns, Shops, Empty Building Layouts, Fleshed Out Encounter Maps, and more! Click the image below to learn more about what you'll get when you select this tier!
This tier comes with all the initial map tiles, stretch goals, and this map pack.
I hope you like this project and will find value in backing it! I will work hard to ensure that these map tiles are works of art that will add extra value to your campaigns! If you have any question and are not yet a backer please feel free to contact me through my profile!
Risks and challenges
There really are no risks. I have been making maps for quite a while now (including a 201% funded map campaign last year) and have a great process that allows me to create the maps without issue. I work as a graphic and web designer so I have worked on a number of high profile projects before with set due dates.
I have a personal automatic backup server that runs twice daily to 2 different drives, and one online drive so that in the event of a computer crash no map data / images will be lost delaying the project.
All textures have either been hand made, have been bought and paid for, or have been sourced from Opensource / CC0 suppliers.
There are also no physical production on my end to worry about delaying the project.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter