WE DID IT - WE REACHED OUR GOAL - BUT...!
Backers thank you so much for supporting us through our fundraising period - but in the last twenty-four hours we have one last goal.
If we raise $2500 in the next day, we can make one of our dreams a reality.
A few years ago we made a faux news comedy show called "Newzbreakers". It came out very well and you can see it here:
If we raise this money just this one time - we will have the capacity to do it EVERY SINGLE WEEK FOR A YEAR! We just need to buy the equipment and digital software once!
Please help us reach this last goal! Your support has been tremendous.
What is Funsplosion? Sounds awful.
It isn't! (you're probably thinking of syphilis). Funsplosion is a Youtube comedy network, created as a result of countless years of research and practical experience in the field of web video content creation. Our team spent years producing videos at Maker Studios (one of the largest Youtube companies in the world), where we cut our teeth on such famous Youtube shows as Epic Rap Battles of History, and learned the best strategies for launching and maintaining a successful a Youtube brand. Now, we're putting those years of experience to good use.
"Season One" of Funsplosion (what you're funding), will be comprised of one full years' worth of video content for the Funsplosion channel: 52 sketches in total, which is about the length of 1.5 feature films. We will release those sketches weekly along with our comedy news show "Newzbreakerz," parody music videos, weekly vlogs, Behind-the-Scenes featurettes, and a whole host of other strategic web content.
We also plan on raising a standing army, navy, and air force to unleash on our prime enemy Macedonia, but that will be covered at a later date.
Why isn't it a web series? What's the difference?
Funsplosion is NOT a web series. What's the difference? Well, a traditional web series is a series of narrative episodes released back-to-back to tell a larger narrative story. Episodes are usually 3-10minutes long, and 5-10 episodes usually comprise the entirety of the season.
Funsplosion, on the other hand, is the "youtube hub channel," of what will eventually be a "multi-channel youtube network" (MCN). In other words, it's a youtube comedy destination, closer to the model of "Funny or Die," or "College Humor." This model allows us the latitude to build a brand and grow an audience typically not afforded to traditional web series.
Who is behind this madness?
- LOGAN BURDICK - DIRECTOR, EXECUTIVE PRODUCER - Logan, a graduate of USC's School of Cinematic Arts, has spent the last two years creating over 200 youtube videos for Maker Studios, where he worked on shows such as: Epic Rap Battles of History, and directed Caffeinated with John Fugelsang (19 episodes, 500k views). In addition, Logan also executive produced Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag's official youtube channel, and the official youtube channel for FMyLife.com (20 episodes, 4.5million views).
- RAY CHASE - ACTOR, WRITER, EXECUTIVE PRODUCER - In addition to executive producing his own youtube channel with Logan, Ray also executive produced and starred in the official youtube channel for FMyLife.com.
- MAX SCHNELLER - ACTOR, PRODUCER - A graduate of USC's School of Dramatic Arts, Max's production and performance history spans a large breadth, including management experience at Bazmark Inq., original theatrical pieces for the NY Fringe Festival, and live music events in New York, Boston, and Washington D.C.
- THE WRITERS/CAST - Funsplosion Season #1 has a growing cast and writing staff of the very best English-speaking writers and comedians including: Tom Aplin, Ray Chase, Alberto de Diego, Connor Eiding, Jimmy Fowlie, Matt Little, Ian Littleworth, Jake Minton, Dan Pesta, Brad Pitt (not pictured), Anna Rubley, Max Schneller, Brad Wergley, and many more to come!
What's the FUNding for?
Hiring people to write better puns! But also, producing that many sketches and music videos is going to be a HUGE undertaking, especially for how low-budget the entire process is going to be. We are relying on a LOT of help from our friends to make this work, but there are also some things that we HAVE to pay for otherwise we go to jail:
- LOCATIONS - As much as Ray's apartment might be interesting the first time, after 51 more videos the purple walls will start to induce nausea.
- PRODUCTION DESIGN - Because it's comedy, we're doing a lot of seriously crazy stuff. Alien costumes. Firearms. Stunts. Disney Princesses. Firearms.
- FILM EQUIPMENT - We think our content looks pretty professional, and we'd like to keep it that way. With lights, dollies, and other expendables we can make it happen.
- BUSINESS THINGS - Doing so much filming requires playing grown-ups and getting things like: production insurance, incorporating, and buying briefcases to hold all of Daddy's paperwork. This is not fun and also expensive in the state of California.
- FULL SCALE REPLICA OF THE MILLENNIUM FALCON MADE OF DIAMONDS (MINED BY CHILDREN) - It goes without saying that every production needs one of these.
This doesn't sound very FUNny at all. What kinds of 'comFUNedy' will you be doing?
- VIDEO GAMES IN REAL LIFE - We take silly things that video games do and wonder what they'd be like in the real world.
- DISNEY PRINCESSES IN REAL LIFE - In real life Disney Princesses would not match up to expectations. Right? Right.
- PEOPLE THROWING FOOD ON THEIR FACES - Always funny.
- DRUNK MOVIE RETELLINGS - We get our friends drunk and force them to remember blockbuster movies -- then act them out in appropriate costumes!
- GREEN SCREEN ADVENTURES - We can go anywhere from the sands of Tunisia, to the polar icecaps, to the Smoky Mountains, all with the help of Movie Magic!
What kind of guarantee do I have you can actually do this?
Without missing a week, we made over 25 weeks of content for FMyLife.com while keeping ourselves afloat the rest of the year with other projects like John Fugelsang's Youtube channel, Maker's How To Youtube, Spotlight, and Recap, and all the glorious content on Ray Chase's Youtube channel.
This is our all or nothing plan - we see this as the culmination of lessons learned over hundreds of individual projects to culminate in one huge megazoid robot that can crush all competition! We've put in our own savings because we believe that Funsplosion has the potential to grow and morph into something that stays alive year after year after year.
How can I see the project?
Once we're ready to launch, you'll want to go and subscribe to our Official Youtube Channel! In the meantime, feel free to check out our Official Website (Funsplosion.com) to view our exclusive pilot content, and check back often for updates!
Who are you and what have you done with my wife?
Calm down Mr. Torres. We'll talk as soon as you step into our office and Mr. Harrison will have a 'word' with you.
Risks and challenges
Making this much content is going to be tough. It's tougher than making a movie or a web series because of the diversity of needs. We also have a team of over 20 people that we need to keep motivated and on task to see this project to its goal.
But we've done it all literally hundreds of times before. For celebrities. For multi-million dollar youtube corporations. And outside of Youtube, we've produced shorts and independent feature films with budgets upwards of $80k. Though sometimes the experience may leave us a little scratched-up, we're always ready for the next challenge. The bonds we've formed with our team for this project stretch back to our first years in college and even before and are stronger than ever. This is the most important project we've ever embarked on, and we're in 100%.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)