About this project
WHAT IS BIG HITTERS?
BIG HITTERS is a full-color sci-fi, buddy comedy, action/adventure crime story about a pair of hitmen trying to make a living on both sides of the law in a post-war galaxy.
Think Lethal Weapon in space-meets-Guardians of the Galaxy in the streets, raised on Saturday morning cartoons and R-rated movies.
Here's a quick look at the first 11 pages of BIG HITTERS #1...
BIG HITTERS #1 PREVIEW!!!
JON GOFF - WRITER/CO-CREATOR
CREDITS: Destiny, Halo (Halo: Tales from Slipspace, Halo Evolutions), Spawn, Blood Red Dragon, Haunt, The Adventures of Spawn, brand manager and creative director for McFarlane Toys, various creator-owned comic titles.
- TWITTER: https://twitter.com/jonathan_goff
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/jon_goff/
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/jonathandavidgoff
TRAVIS SENGAUS - ARTIST/CO-CREATOR
CREDITS: Transformers: Robots in Disguise, Savage Dragon, The Adventures of Spawn, Reverse the Curse
- TWITTER: https://twitter.com/TravisSengaus
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/travissengaus/
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/travis.sengaus
FCO PLASCENCIA - COLORS
CREDITS: Batman, Spawn, Reborn, Invincible
COMICRAFT'S ALBERT DESCHESNE - LETTERS
CREDITS: Marvel Comics, Image Comics, Dark Horse Comics
The FULL list of rewards is detailed in our campaign's Reward Section, but here's a taste of some of the item we are offering...
- BIG HITTERS #1 Kickstarter Exclusive Cover (by Travis Sengaus)
- ORIGINAL ART COMMISSIONS!!!
BIG HITTERS #1 IS DONE?
Travis and I, and the whole creative team, have already put in the work to get BIG HITTERS #1 done. Script. Art. Colors. Lettering. Production. For the standard edition the first issue is complete!!! In fact, the art for all five issues in the initial BIG HITTERS mini-series is done!!! And production on #1-4 is finished.
WHY THE KICKSTARTER?
With work on the creative and production end complete, we are not turning to Kickstarter to fund the book's creation, but instead to help us secure a print run large enough that we can build on the readership we hope to grow here -- starting with issue #1!!!
This Kickstarter is a way to reward early-adopters and comic book shops who support indie creators. All funding will go toward mass producing, marketing and distributing BIG HITTERS.
And if (WHEN!!!) this initial Kickstarter is a success we will roll out subsequent campaigns for the following issues at regular intervals to ensure all Backers and interested parties can enjoy the rest of the BIG HITTERS story in short order.
Once the Kickstarter ends, the only production left will be any info gathering needed to fulfill Rewards and any art needed specific to Kickstarter Exclusive Rewards (personalized covers, sketch covers, commissions).
- Digital copies of BIG HITTERS #1 will be made available immediately upon receiving Kickstarter survey details once the campaign is completed.
- We will be sending the Standard, Kickstarter Exclusive, Creators' Edition and Retail Variants to the print as soon as the Kickstarter meets its funding goal. So, the sooner we meet our goal, the sooner the books will be printed and ready for delivery once the Kickstarter ends.
- Any books tied to original art reward tiers (personalized covers, sketch covers, original art commissions) will be shipped as quickly as art is completed.
Risks and challenges
Risk related to the delivery of rewards are minimal. Aside for any original art needed to fulfill rewards, the book itself is complete and ready to go to print. This Kickstarter is intended to provide funding for printing and delivery of books, not to fund production which is already done minus any final bits tied to reward tiers.
ALL digital rewards will be made available to backers the day following the campaign's successful completion.
ALL print materials will be sent to the print once we've reached our goal. The plan is to have the majority of books* at the printer before the campaign ends in order to deliver them to Backers as soon as possible.
* - The personalized books in the High Value Target reward tier will be printed locally after the campaign ends and the custom cover art is completed.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)