For those of you who have already backed us
on this project, please consider rolling your commitment over to our
more realistic Plan B that
will still fund a fully functional prototype of our app; this is our
first major step towards bringing our app to market.
We appreciate your support and help building this eco-app to benefit everyone!
What if all our stuff ended up in our watersheds and on our beaches? It already has, so we're creating a smart solution to this problem, and we need your help to bring it to North America and beyond.
Imagine a new application for your smart phone and browser that connects you and your stuff to a new life. Type in any item you're done with, and choose its next life. Our app will enable you to find neighbors who need your stuff, and businesses that want it (and may even pay you for it).
You'll find practical and entertaining ways to avoid buying things that aren't easily reused, and DIY upcycling options for your stuff that range from fast-and-easy to weekend projects involving power tools.
If all you want to do is toss your item into a recycling bin, you'll find accurate and up-to-date information about what goes where in your local recycling bins, and where to send things that aren't accepted in your neighborhood.
We believe that if there's something you need, chances are it's already hidden in your stuff, or your neighbor has it. Our easy-to-use mobile app will be the hub that renews our stuff and our connections to each other. App walkthrough here with screenshots.
We've been bootstrapping until now, but need Kickstarter community funds to populate this massive database of both new and existing ways to divert trash from landfills and our waterways. Our database of original and hard-to-find content includes broadcast quality video, stills, tutorials, and interactive educational material.
Our Kickstarter campaign will allow us to not only create the mobile app across multiple platforms, but spread it fast to your city! Given that the app heavily leverages crowdsourcing to populate and vet the myriad options for landfill diversion, a crowdsource approach to funding seems a natural fit.
HOW IT WORKS
We've been working hard on a massive database that will allow our app to connect you to solutions to renew your stuff. What you'll find will depend on what you want to do with your stuff:
- Want to pass your item on to someone else who's ready to upcycle it? We'll connect you with artisans, individuals, and businesses who work with what you have.
- Want to be a local hero or pay it forward further away? We'll connect you with people who need what you have.
- Want to give your item to a neighbor? We'll connect you with people in your area who want what you have.
- Want to get your DIY geek on and transform your item into something new and useful? We'll connect you with inspiration and how-to details.
- Want to share your DIY innovations and tips for a life less wasteful? We'll connect you with an audience that appreciates and needs your wisdom.
- Want to sell your item to someone who will pay for it? We'll connect you with ways to turn your item into cash or credit in your pocket.
- Want to receive your neighbors' used stuff for your projects or business? We'll connect you with our community to get the word out.
- Want to move towards "Zero Waste" living and reduce your use of this item in the future? We'll connect you with practical, environmentally-friendly, and entertaining alternatives.
- Want to simply toss your item into the nearest recycling bin? We'll tell you exactly where that is, and clear up the confusion about what goes where.
- Just want to throw your item away? We'll tell you where “away” is, and what path your stuff will take to get there.
Stop by our blog at www.teamcora.com to follow the progress of our mobile app. Join the conversation and discover new ideas to help you reduce, reuse, gift, repurpose or recycle your everyday stuff. Please help us bring this solution to North America and beyond!