TESPA - IoT Development Platform
TESPA is a complete IoT development platform help you to create IoT solution within a few minutes.
TESPA is an Internet of Things (IoT) development platform. Arduino-compatible, Wi-Fi enabled and ready to use cloud service that makes Internet of things in 10 minutes. The platform includes the following:
- Hardware: A complete set of TESPA Hawk main board and WINGs the add-on peripheral modules to enhance the power and functionality.
- Software: Free and easy to use opensource libraries for every Wing on the Arduino IDE
- Mobile App: Free to download app to use with TESPA cloud
- Cloud Service: Free and highly customizable cloud for every TESPA Hawk
The main hardware is an electronic Wi-Fi microcontroller board called “Hawk”. It is based on a popular ESP8266 WiFi chip set and ARM microprocessor. We work closely together with the Espressif and STMicro to engineer this board with the highest quality components. The Hawk can be programmed using an Arduino platform.
Here are some of the features:
- ESP8266 Wifi Chip 80MHz, 8MByte Flash (First and only ESP8266 with 8MByte Flash in the market)
- STM32F042G6 ARM Cortex-M0 48MHz, 32KByte Flash
- Build-in USB to serial
- All ESP8266 pins are accessible
- Total of 5-CH full range 3.3V ADC (4x 12-bit, 1x 10-bit)
- Status RGB LED
- Auto upload program, no need to press the button
- USB protection circuitry
- On-board antenna with u.FL socket for external antenna
- Supply voltage: 3.3V-16V (on-board 3.3V and 5V regulator with auto-select)
* ALL products are stocked and shipped from USA and Thailand.
WiFi Smart Configuration
You can easily configure the WiFi connection for multiple TESPA Hawks all at once using a TESPA mobile app.
A quick demo of TESPA Hawk using TOUCH-WING to send the data to TESPA Cloud.
10DOF-WING and WebGL Demo
You can quickly setup the TESPA Hawk with the 10DOF-WING and the BATTERY-WING to control multiple objects via the internet. All of the data from the IMU get send and store on the TESPA Cloud.
This is the demo of PROX-WING (Proximity sensor) and 7SEG-WING doing distance measurements with the TESPA Hawk.
Measuring the air quality is super easy with the IAQ-WING (IAQ = Indoor Air Quality). The data from the sensor get send to the TESPA Cloud then back to your mobile devices. You can view it using TESPA App. The system can even send you a push notification alert when the air quality is exceed the set limit.
IR-WING control the air condition demo
You can easily setup an IoT IR remote control using the IR-WING. This is a simple demo of how you can use the IR-WING to control an A/C using TESPA APP. Just tab a button on the phone and you'll have a nice cool room when you get home.
You can power your TESPA Hawk with a single cell LiPo battery by using the BATTERY-WING. It can even tell you the voltage and charging level left on your battery. Just simply plug in the microUSB cable to charge the battery. I can even operate the device while charging.
“Hawk” comes with a set of 20 “Wings”, the add on sensor and actuator boards that cover your need to create various IoT Solution.
You can stack the Wings together for quick and easy IoT project.
This is how we work in the cloud.
A free cloud service will be given automatically for every board purchase. You can write your scripts to control the ‘Hawk’ in whatever circumstances needed. In fact, anyone can learn to setup it within less than 5 minutes.
- Control your IoT devices using your mobile phone by setting up a geo-fence. When users enter or exit a specified area, your IoT devices will be activated.
- Support for iBeacon or Eddystone. Use your mobile phone’s proximity sensing to control IoT devices.
- Support ‘Push Notification’. Your mobile phone will alert you when your IoT sensors detects something important.
- Support for MQTT. The MQTT panel helps you to test and debug your MQTT message with ease.
- It also comes with customised version of Freeboard, a web-based dashboard service to help you control and visualise the data taken from your IoT devices.
Thank you for our supporter to make the prototype happen.
TESPA is jointly-produced by an alliance of three leading IoT development companies:
- MakerAsia, an IoT cloud platform for makers
- Gravitech, a leading hardware manufacturer
- Deaware, one of the best embedded software developer
Risks and challenges
The goal and challenge for this project is to create a complete IoT development platform that makes users to create their IoT solution as fast as possible. We’ve use the high grade components and at the same time make it affordable so everyone can enjoy their IoT development projects. The platform come with libraries, example projects and free cloud service that users can start their development process immediately. We use one of the best cloud platform as our infrastructure to make sure that the system can scale effectively to handle huge quantity of data from users around the world.
We have overcome these challenges of the design, production, supply chain and sourcing. The prototype hardware and system have been tested and functional. We're working with a leading hardware manufacturer like Gravitech. Also, buying components directly from the sources. It is almost impossible to not deliver the products ontime. At the same time we have contacted other backup manufacturers just in case any accident may occur. BACK US WITH CONFIDENCE!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)