Meet the amazing MovieBrats Team....
For EARL, a man of the earth and his brother JOEL, whose head is literally in the clouds, life on the farm is pretty uneventful: wake up, feed the cows, and sit on the porch until its time to turn in... that is until one night when something crash-lands in their pasture killing their best milkin' cow and stud bull.
Through this comic adventure, two estranged brothers come together to ward off an impeding Armageddon, a gaggle of sinister government agents, and the truth behind this mysterious object.
In the end, Earl realizes that even he is capable of believing incredible things, even if it’s just for a moment. And, in such a rote and predictable existence as ours, maybe having a little bit of wonder is a good thing after all.
Here is one of our concept art illustrations by the wonderful Tobias Trebeljahr...
HOW THIS FILM CAME TO BE
In February 2011, ASTERNAUTS was selected as a finalist for the Berlin Today Award at the Berlin Talent Campus (a section of the prestigious Berlin International Film Festival for up-and-coming filmmakers). It was there while pitching ASTERNAUTS to 10 Berlin-based production companies that she met Alex Weimer and Esther Friedrich of MovieBrats, an award-winning production company with a specialty in 3D, visual effects, and animation.
Alex and Esther fell in love with the project and because of their extensive experience shooting in the U.S., they jumped right on board as producers of the film! Their amazing creative team over at MovieBrats will be working in-kind providing all the post-production we will need for the film including concept art, animation, special effects, and sound design.
Here is another one of our concept art illustrations by the amazing Tom Schirdewahn...
EVERY DOLLAR HELPS!
As you can imagine, making a movie like ASTERNAUTS is quite costly. Every dollar we raise on Kickstarter will help pay for:
- The man power and machinery to dig a huge crater
- A local Special Effects person to help us with everything from making the porch shake to drenching the area in fog and smoke.
- A Stunt Coordinator
- A small herd of cows, and a professional Animal Handler
- Supplies to build a radio receptor tower perched on top of the roof and a "mysterious object" imbedded in the crater
- Funds to rent a fleet of cars for our sinister government agents
- Overall set design, props and wardrobe
- Location Fees
- A big generator to power all our lights out in the field
- Accommodations for our out-of-town crew and cast
- And enough food to feed a cast and crew of about 30 people for 6 days of shooting.
CAN WE RAISE MORE THAN $20,000?
Yes! Absolutely! And we hope we do because making the film is just part of the battle. Then we need to be able to get it out to the world and that requires press kits, publicity, paying for expensive festival entries and traveling with the film. Being present at the different festivals not only increases our chances of finding a distributor but also enables us as filmmakers to network and find future investors to greenlight our next project (which will hopefully be a feature film).
Funding on Kickstarter is always all or nothing. If we don't reach our funding goal, we will not get any of your thoughtful donations so please donate what you can and more importantly, please spread the word to your friends, family, and co-workers!
ONE LAST BIG THANK YOU!
Again, thank you so much for your donation!! We REALLY appreciate it from the bottom of our hearts. If you find yourself unable to make a financial contribution -- there are plenty of other ways you can help such as:
- Word of mouth - share this project with friends and family. Tweet us, Facebook us... pretty much just anything to help get the word out there!
- Be a Production Assistant on set
- Volunteer to help shoot behind-the-scenes footage!
- Offer to cook a meal or two for the crew
- Help us secure sponsorships from local companies
- Have a spare bedroom or second home? Perhaps you could host some of our out-of-town guests and become an Associate Producer in the process!
Really the sky is the limit and we could really use any and all help!
OUR AMAZING TEAM
By making an investment in ASTERNAUTS, you are making an investment in ALL OF OUR professional careers and helping us showcase our collective talents.
Much Love, The ASTERNAUTS CREW...
Marta Masferrer :: Director/Producer
Raven Burnett :: Writer
Alex Weimer :: Producer
Esther Friedrich :: Producer
Paul Knaus :: Co-Producer, Production Manager, and Locations Manager
Chelsea Kujawa :: Co-Producer
Vicky Boone :: Casting Director
Xiaosu Han and Andreas Thalhammer :: Cinematographers
Marcus LaPorte :: Production Designer
Javier Bonafont :: Art Director
Tom Schirdewahn and Tobias Trebeljahr :: Concept Artists
Stephany Baskin :: Costume Designer
Adrian Sieber :: Composer
Moritz Bock and David Henning :: Visual Effects
Jack Westerman :: Website Designer
OUR CORPORATE SPONSORS
We are delighted to share that Greystar Management has come on board to provide rehearsal space for the director and actors! Thank you so much!!
THINKING OF BECOMING A SPONSOR???
We have some fantastic perks for our corporate sponsors including:
- Your corporate logo on our website, Facebook Page, end film credits, and ALL marketing materials
- ALL-ACCESS badges to the set of Asternauts
- Tickets to the premiere of the film!
- A chance to be an extra in the movie!
- Invitation to our wrap party so you can mingle with the cast and crew!
Please contact Marta Masferrer at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- (31 days)