Head Chef is a family friendly, food fuelled race to become the most famous cook in town!
During the game you will be cooking tasty food and amassing points of fame as you journey your way through from Food Truck cook, to Restaurant Head Chef !
- Each turn you have 4 actions you can perform, selecting the right action at the right time will be the key to taking the lead.
- While picking up Ingredients off the deck you will be forming sets to use when making food. (Set Collection)
- Carrying too many of these ingredients will overstock your fridge (hand) and you will have to discard some that can be bought by other players, choosing which ones can sometimes be a tricky decision.
- As you progress through the game you will have to decide when the set collecting stops, and when the cooking begins, but don't spend too long trying to fish out that last ingredient, you may not be so lucky (Push your luck).
- If things are just not going your way all hope is not lost, dig deep into your power cards to help even the score with the other players and mitigate some of that bad luck (Take That) ... because in Head Chef you're not out until its over !
Head Chef was built on the philosophy that each turn should be meaningful and progress you in the game. Not only does this help to keep the game from overextending it's play time, but it also ensures each player will not be spending idle turns watching everyone else make cool moves.
Replay-ability: Each play through is kept fresh through the number of characters you can be. These character abilities will change the way you think about playing the game. Further to this is the game's many modes!
Head Chef can be played any way you can imagine!
- Team (2v2)
- All Vs 1 (2v1)
- All Vs 1 (3v1)
The game can be as light-hearted, or serious as you make it. If you start thinking about pacing, power card opportunities, and ingredient card odds, you may be able to ensure you have the edge. There are also a few really good ways to combo certain cards and character abilities in the game. All of this means it is a fun game for adults while still being easy enough for the kids to keep up (tested on kids as young as 10).
The solo mode of play will see you face off against one of the 4 AI cards. The AI cards contain a scripted move-set of what to do on their turn and when they activate their power cards. The AI player has the advantage as they start with a cafe, and 4 actions per turn.
Team (2-vs-2):In a 2 vs 2 player team game, you now have access to the new action of playing a "Give or Take" on your turn. This action allows you to give a card to your partner, or take a card from your partner. As your team now has 2 character cards there are a number of combinations of abilities that have a great synergy.
1 vs ALL (2-vs-1 & 3-vs-1):
Every gaming group has that one person you would rather play against instead of with. And sometimes other people agree with you.
In these 1-vs-all modes the team of players assign a captain who plays a leading role as you work together to get your team to the restaurant first!
Head Chef has been play tested by many avid gamers of the public, but also heavily scrutinized and beat down by other crafty game designers. As they looked for holes, boring scenarios and the creative possibilities, they provide more than just a play test but quality assurance sessions. Many different iterations and game play styles were pondered tested and re-tested to make Head Chef the fun lovable game it has become !
Note: The following Previews were produced with old prototype art and components.
Head Chef is being directly shipped by airmail from China. Due to this we are able to ship our game more efficiently on a global scale. When backing Head Chef you won't have to worry about VAT / HST in most countries as its value is under the threshold.
This excludes backers in Denmark, France, Greece, Romania and Sweden. These countries do not have a VAT threshold.
The shipping cost has been subsidized to a one size fits all price.
Leading up to the campaign we ran a competition for one lucky person to win a copy of Terraforming Mars.
The results were submitted to The Giveaway Geek and the winner is....
Congratulations mate, please go to www.facebook.com/cstargames and send us a message to work out logistics.
Risks and challenges
- The artwork is complete with only kickstarter campaign changes needing to be made before it's manufacture ready.
- Any issues due to holidays, workloads or production problems will be made public as soon as possible.
- This is our first Kickstarter project in the tabletop arena, we have read many popular articles about how to run a campaign, but like anything some unexpected scenarios may appear. Once again these will be worked though as best and hastily as they can and will be clearly communicated should any arise.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)