My Inspiration For This Cooler
I remember sitting on the beach, with 3 young children and a scorching sun beating down on us. We were sitting near the water, enjoying the great Florida sunshine. While the kids went from building sandcastles to playing in the water, they would occasionally head to the cooler for a drink. While I sat there watching them, I would indulge in my favorite bottled brew and sip until the beer had reached that temperature that it was no longer refreshing. I would then (regretfully) pour out the remaining nectar, and reach for another one. After a couple of hours, it was time to start cleaning up the trash and collecting the toys. When I grabbed that garbage bag and started picking up can after can, after can, of drinks with only one sip out of them, it became frustrating to witness the waste that had just occurred. While my frustration was focused on the kids for being wasteful, it occurred to me that I had been just as guilty with my wastefulness! There had to be a better way!
My Quest For A Solution
Shortly after that day at the beach, I began to experiment with different coolers. I came up with the idea to add drink holders to the cooler, and then lower them down to the level of the icy slush. This would create a chilled holder for the drink. It worked great, but I had no idea how to go about manufacturing such a product. Over the next couple of years, my research enabled me to learn the proper process in pursuing such a project. I was fortunate enough to team up with Hugh Shearer, the owner of a contract manufacturing company. He worked on the schematics needed for production, and handled all of the outsourcing with the manufacturer. This project is literally a signature away from becoming a reality. With your help, we can have thousands of these coolers for the beach, boat or backyard BBQ in time for a fantastic kick-off to summer.
Time Lapse Demonstration: How The Cooler Holds Drinks At Desired Temperatures
First time lapse: demonstrating how these drink holders in the cooler can keep your beverage at a chilling temperature... even in the middle of a Florida summer day. The digital thermometer probe is inside of the can, showing that the internal temperature of that soda is staying below 40 degrees on a 90 degree day!!!!
The Arcticor Cooler
The Arcticor Cooler is the first cooler to have the built in chill cups. As you fill your cooler with ice and your favorite drinks, the icy slush surrounds the cup holders to produce an ice cold place to keep your drink. Consumers spend more than 600 million dollars per year on coolers. Help us become a part of those sales!
On The Inside: Interior View Of The Cooler As The Ice Surrounds The Drink Holders
Benefits Of Owning An Arcticor Cooler:
- It keeps your drink ice cold while using the drink holders.
- Lets you enjoy your favorite drink without having to chug it before it heats up.
- Eliminates the need to open and close the cooler lid, when you try to carefully balance your drink inside of the cooler to keep it chilly after you have already opened it.
- keeps sand and dirt off the bottom of your bottle or can.
- The drink holders will actually cool a drink back down to a refreshing drinking temperature avoiding waste.
- Eliminates the half consumed soda cans that your kids leave scattered in the sand at the beach or other outing.
- Coolers have indented hand grips on each end for ease of two handed carrying.
- Every cooler includes a drop in tray that is ideal for sandwiches and snacks.
- Every Cooler includes 4 caps to seal off cup holder openings when not in use.
- Dimensions: 23 inches wide, 15 inches tall and 13 in depth
- Empty weight: 12 lbs.
- Capacity: 18 bottles or cans
How The Funds Will Be Used
I am raising funds to put this project into full production to be manufactured in polypropylene plastic and insulated with polyurethane foam. The prototypes that we have are hand crafted from fiberglass and have been great models for designing and testing the functionality of the cooling capabilities. We have started on some of the tooling, and have had some of the parts actually produced for sampling.
Time Frame For Getting Your Arcticor Cooler
- After a successful Kickstarter 30 day campaign, we will complete all of the tooling by the end February 2014.
- After all samples are complete and accepted by us, we will immediately place the order for the initial run. We expect this to be a 3 week process.
- First manufacturing run is expected to be complete by the end of April or mid May 2014.
- Our first order is expected to reach our warehouse by mid June 2014. At that time, we will fulfill all of our kickstarter supporters orders.
- After the first sales are underway in the retail market we have several other products on the drawing board to immediately release using the same concept as our original Arcticor cooler.
Contact me via email if you have any additional questions: Jay@arcticor.com
Risks and challenges
As with any new product, there are some risks involved. Public reception to our product prototypes has been extremely positive. At this phase of the project, the production risks involved are minimal. The design and mold commitments are complete, and the project is moving steadily forward.
There will be 3000 Arcticor coolers produced in the first run of production. I have funded this project on my own. Now, with your help, it's time for the Arcticor cooler to be in the hands of our fellow outdoor friends. The first coolers will be made as soon as the molds are completed, which is expected to be late February 2014. A delay could be possible after the samples are produced for acceptance. This would be due to our need to adjust finishes, inspect pieces for quality control and to fine tune the molds. This type of cooler does not exist in the market of hard sided coolers, and we feel that the general public is going to embrace this new design. Our goal is to make the ARCTICOR brand the household name for all users of coolers because of its multi function capability. Our goal is to make a late spring /early summer of 2014 launch of the product, and start getting the product into specialty outdoor retailer stores and a select few of larger retail distributors.
- (32 days)