Update #2: Tactical Analysis - Part 1: Combat Phase Video
Update #3: Tactical Analysis - Part 2: Exploiting The Environment Video
Update #4 Tactical Analysis - Part 3: Customization To Win Video
Update #5 Terrashift Tactics: Character Class Types - Part 1
Play the Alpha!
Linux Support Stretch Goal Achieved!
Inspired by the classics of the turn based strategy genre, we have been working on something we think will change how you perceive tactic games for good.
No longer is it just about your units and your abilities, but now the environment can be changed, altered, controlled to both your advantage, and your enemies.
Fire, water, ice, lava, electric, acid, psychic and earth.
All these elements work together to dominate the environment and terrain, by either creating new deadly challenges for your opponent or by destroying anything in your path, including him.
What Makes Terrashift Tactics Awesome?
- Dynamic environment changes to your attacks and abilities. Coat the world in lava and burn your enemies, freeze the earth and watch them become stranded, flood the land and drown them before you cause an electric current to travel through the water, Use your characters physic minds to control the ground itself and create mountains for you to stand on and volcanoes right beside them!
- Personalise your own characters, with their own abilities weapons, equipment and implants that change their stats and role in your squad (And yes...you can name them too!).
- Unlock new weapons, equipment, implants, abilities, to try different tactics on your opponent.
- Face the AI (and his friends) in a custom skirmish match.
- Enter the competitive world of online and face other challengers of different skill levels.
- Save, share and watch your past games with either the AI or other people online.
- Ranked and unranked leaderboards, master your tactics and climb above anyone else!
And much more!
What Are You Using The Money For?
We will be using the money to achieve more features then we currently have budgeted for, If we meet our goal, we will add all of this to Terrashift Tactics:
1. More classes to create characters from (We need money to design and create the in game art for each class).
2. More voice actors (Will's voice doesn't quite cut it I'm afraid...) for the different classes of characters.
3. More concept art to design both the environment and different classes.
4. To speed up development so that the game can be released on time for you guys!
We have put a large amount of our own money into this project. Along with a business loan from the Prince's trust. The money we get will go straight into a business bank account, and will not be used for personal wages, every penny we get goes straight onto the goals mentioned above.
We have some stretch goals planned that you guys might like, including Linux support and additional characters!
Check them out!
Who Am I Giving My Money To?
We are a group of students at Staffordshire university who are doing a self-employed placement year, we have been working on Terrashift Tactics long before we started our placement year, designing the gameplay and creating our engine e.c.t
We really want to thank you for your contribution to Terrashift Tactics! whether you pledge just £5 or £500, we love you just as much (Well...) and would like to thank you sincerely from all of us at Patronoid Games!
Risks and challenges
Every project has difficulties, ours is no exception. But we do have backup plans put in place to make sure that even if we don't get funded, this project is still going through.
If the game is taking longer to create then planned, we will ask you guys what we should prioritise and focus on that.
If we find that you guys don't want something in the game, we will pivot and change that feature of the game to match your own.
We are confident we are skilled enough to complete Terrashift, we have been working on the game for a long time, and have already achieved so much. For those reasons you can trust that we will not let you down!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)