About this project
After a year and a half since my first self-release effort, I have met and worked with some incredible composers. I have played an overwhelming amount of outstanding works and finally decided to make time for a new recording and record some contemporary classics and emerging modern compositions, commission a few composers I felt particularly excited about working with, and produce my first original solo clarinet work since 2011.
Why the $4,000 budget?
1) The recording and mastering quality will be tremendously improved compared to the first record and done in the best professional setting.
2) The rights for some works are quite expensive (tsk tsk Boosey & Hawkes).
3) I will properly publicize the album, sending it to various magazines, blogs and newspapers and make ad campaigns.
4) I will set up a US tour to promote and present not only the tracks from the new album, but also the first one (something I did not get to do).
5) I will remaster Refractions Vol.1 and bring the sound to a higher standard.
6) I will personally ship out copies
Please, check out the work of all composers involved. They are all outstanding and totally worth your attention.
Ken Ueno - http://www.kenueno.com
Nathan Davis - http://www.nathandavis.com
Garth Neustadter - http://www.garthneustadter.com
Brendon Randall-Myers - http://brendonrandallmyers.com
Fay Kueen Wang - http://www.faykueenmusic.com
Alican Camci - http://soundcloud.com/alicancamci
Risks and challenges
The greatest risk I will face is not completing the release on time; however, I do learn, write and record quickly yet meticulously and will make sure to not delay the release past 2013. For now I am planning the release to happen in mid to late November, but licensing, printing and digital logistics may take a bit longer.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)