About this project
<<>> We have poured our hearts, souls and every cent of our own money into building our businesses, traveling, educating ourselves and supporting programs that are effective and impactful around the world.
<<>> It's the faces of fun-loving munchkins like these that stay embedded in our minds & truly drive our passions to give back to impoverished communities! Full bellies & happy hearts, we snapped this shot after helping out at the Tijuana dumpsite breakfast program.
<<>> The last year we have been working in Baja, Mexico, and with the help of local non profit Vida Outreach, we have already created a successful model of reselling handmade bracelets, backpacks, headbands and soon, custom yoga mat bags, to create revenue for the artisans as well as donations for nutrition and education programs run by Vida Outreach, through the Laakra etsy shop.
<<>> We are dedicated to building sustainable solutions to some of the basic needs of those in poverty; food, water, jobs and education through the sales of our feel good fashion line.
<<>> We have seen what is possible with very little and are ready to take the next step, to grow our businesses and assist more people globally.
<<>> The key to reaching our goals depends on your generosity and support!!
Our goal is simply to raise $8,000.
- Create personal relationships abroad and buy and ship home to San Diego beautiful handmade, quality goods from talented artisans living in poverty.
- Partner with successful agencies like Kiva and local organizations to fund small businesses through micro-lending, a sustainable and proven model of ending poverty, who will provide quality products for our store and soon other retailers as well.
- Build a beautiful, custom and easy to use e-commerce site for GIVEBACKPACKERS to make the global goods available to everyone, anywhere, anytime.
- Purchase a gopro camera, necessary accessories & technology & software to create captivating footage and tell the story of the journey and the people we meet and work with.
<<>> We are excited for our adventure and will be embarking on our trip to 8 countries on October 19th until December. The flights are booked and we are 101% committed.
<<>> We can't wait to share with you the stories of talented atrists across the globe who are creating incredible crafts and bring these treasures to you so that you can be a part of the magic in making a difference!
<<>> We are asking for your help so that we are even more effective in our mission and are capable of executing these goals in a timely manner.
There are people waiting to work and provide for themselves and their families and we are ready to bring those possibilities to them.
Are you ready to be a givebackpacker?
- Donate $25 -- Get a Surprise Bracelet Bundle made by Crafters that we support & a fabulous givebackpackers sticker!!
- Donate $50 -- Get 1 unique, handmade Bali Bracelet made out of recycled surfboards (photos below), with a tracking code so you can see where in the world your bracelet has been and where it goes! A custom designed tanktop or t-shirt by Krissy of Laakra & a vibrant givebackpacker sticker!
- Donate $500-- Krissy will create for you a custom painting of your spirit animal!
Thank you for your love & support,
Lindsay & Krissy <3
Risks and challenges
We both have over 5 years of experience in running a successful business, aiding in rural development projects and working with artists around the world so we understand the challenges of language barriers, cultural differences and unexpected roadblocks. We are passionate and dedicated to achieving the goals we set out and have proven success over the years. It is time to take it to the next level. We are ready.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)