Super RPS Fighter
Super RPS Fighter
Bringing "Rock, Paper, Scissors" to a new generation. Create your own character, dominate the leaderboards, & show them who's the boss!
Bringing "Rock, Paper, Scissors" to a new generation. Create your own character, dominate the leaderboards, & show them who's the boss! Read more
Taking one of the greatest games of all time to a whole new level - Rock, Paper, Scissors - add some character customization with animations, and you got SUPER RPS FIGHTER!
If you think you've played Rock, Paper, Scissors before, think again. With this version of the game, you will be able to...
- Battle Opponents Online
- Create Your Own Character - Male or Female
- Show Animated Fighting Scenes When You Win A Round
- Finish Your Opponent With Your "Fist of Fury" Animation, Different For Each Character
- Climb To The Top Of The Leaderboard
- Earn Achievements
It's simple - you customize your character, select some fighting moves, play SUPER RPS FIGHTER online with other players and dominate the competition.
Below are some art concepts for the game - the final version will be redesigned professionally and highly polished!
We're taking a cel shading art style. You could even say it would be Adult Swim meets Anime. In the end, we want it to be fun for everyone!
Development for SUPER RPS FIGHTER will be on the UNITY Game Engine. By programming SUPER RPS FIGHTER in UNITY we will be able to publish the game not only on Mobile for Phone & Tablets, but we can also port this game to other system such as the PS3, PS4, XBox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo WiiU and PC.
Where will all the money that you put into SUPER RPS FIGHTER go to, you ask? 100% of the game funds will go to hiring...
1. Programmer for UNITY - we'll need someone to program the game functions.
2. ARTWORK - The art for this game will play a major part of how it will turn out. While the game design concept is simple - the art & animations will be the major focus for this game.
And if we go beyond the initial $35,000 to fund the project...
3. More enhancements to the game (Catch phrases, Stomping Grounds, and more...)
4. More Artists & Animators
5. Marketing - while it's not given a priority over artwork & programming - it will be essential to success. If we go beyond our initial goal, we'd like to put some funds behind marketing to get this game to as many people as possible
By reaching the following goals, we can add more enhancements and functionality to the game!
- $35k for the CORE of the game - Simple character selection, limited fighting moves for characters, Online competition, limited Catch Phrases.
- $50k for the CORE of the game - Simple character create.
- $60k for more Catch Phrases - Select "Catch Phrases" for your character, more fighting moves.
- $75k - Adds Stomping Grounds - "Stomping Grounds" player chooses their stomping grounds from a variety of backgrounds during battle.
- $100k - Adds Customization of Outfit.
- $135k - Adds Story Mode - Single player Story Mode with a detailed story.
- $150k - Adds Console Ports - port SUPER RPS FIGHTER to PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC
- $250k - VR Version is ported
- $250+ Art and Visual enhancements
We want to complete this challenge with this as the end results: A fun game that anyone can easily pickup and play!
Risks and challenges
The concept of this game was purposely done so the game mechanics are simple, and programming will be minimal. A major issue with game development is when you try to put to much into a game without the proper time or funds. The game mechanics are simple, which will reduce this common issue dramatically.
Most of the work for this project will come from custom characters, animations, fighting scenes, story mode... basically the main focus will be on Art & Animation. The biggest components in making this game come alive with an excellent art team.
There's essentially two main parts for this games creation: Programming & Art. If we reach the goal for "Story Mode" we will hire a team of writers to make an riveting story - however, the initial goal is strictly to hire a Unity Programmer, and Artist(s).
We will also keep you all updated whenever we reach certain Milestones, to let you know that things are still in production and staying on schedule.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)