A one-of-a-kind cookbook for camping + eating well by bike. Quality original recipes, food writing, art, photos + touring tips.
The Pedal Inn Cookbook: For Lovers of Adventure + Good Eating
2 bikes + 45 days + 1600 miles + 140 meals + countless amazing places, people, and stories along the way =
a ONE-of-a-kind cookbook
What our cookbook is:
Everybody loves food, many love bicycles, a lucky few cyclists vacation by cyclotouring, and fewer still eat exceptionally well while doing so. Our cookbook is that bridge between food, bicycle touring, and crafting and eating memorably delicious meals on the road. We are experienced cooks and cyclists who are relatively new to the unique world-expanding possibilities and joys of the bike holiday. Whether you've logged 25,000 mi. of touring across the world or are entertaining your first overnighter (tips here), we know that our cookbook will be a valuable resource, not only for good eating, but as a sweet spring of inspiration, insight, and fun.
Why our cookbook is different:
If you look at many cookbooks these days you will notice a thematic trend. Cookbooks on canning/preserving, cookbooks for unabashed carnivores, cookbooks on local or seasonal eating, and shortcut cookbooks (200 recipes in 20 minutes or less). Our cookbook envisions something different: a cookbook for the foodie and cyclist. We promise to deliver innovative and delicious meals than can be prepared campside from the contents of your panniers. Speed in preparation and simplicity are considerations but NOT ultimate goals, since that is not the point of bike touring. Each recipe will be realistic and worthy of eating in the spirit of the outdoors and the accompanying elegance of getting there by bike. Along the way we will chronicle our experiences of how we did it, along with beautiful photos, and stories of the places, food, and people we encounter along the way.
What our cookbook will feature:
- 50 recipes for every meal, snack, and celebration while on the road:
- Breakfasts that enliven your hearty, healthy pedaling
- Lunches on the go with mojo
- Dinners with soul to ride for
- Snacks that will keep you rolling with grace and vigor
- Drinks for relaxing and refreshing mind and body
- Insightful tips on navigating a bicycle tour of any length:
- preparations and gear
- the bicycle kitchen
- camping and comfortable living
- the joys, challenges, and triumphs of the journey
- Exciting stories and anecdotes from our 1600-mile Pacific Coast Tour of British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, and California
- Beautiful paper art and photography on every page
- A full-featured, easy to navigate digital edition that you can take with you anywhere (included with print edition)
The Pedal Inn Weekender: A concise guide to adventuring + indulgent eating
Think of our Pedal Inn Weekender as the perfect, portable, pocket guide companion to our cookbook. Specifically intended for the weekend adventurer and 24 hour overnight bike camper, the pocket guide will include original recipes and sage insights just like its mother book. Plus, with the digital edition (included with every print guide) you can take it with you everywhere your super smart phone goes, with access to maps, links, and content from the wider world of the interwebs.
Our pocket guide will feature:
- Recipes for a weekend's worth of good eating
- Original recipes for brilliant breakfasts, lush lunches, and dine-o-might dinners
- Campside cocktails and deserts you deserve
- Delicious recipes for energy bars and roadside refreshers
- Tips on preparing for the journey, getting there, and camping proper
- Destinations worth riding to and telling your friends about
- Beautiful paper art
- Hand crafted and bound by us in San Francisco
The song is "Gaslamp Funworks" by Kevin MacLeod. He has TONS of great royalty-free music on his website, http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/faq.html.