Latest Project Update
We are Where’s My Office Now? and Idle Theory Bus, four human beings and a dog named Penny Rose. We’ve lived in our two vans and traveled the United States for the past two+ years, earning livings as website developers and videographers.
We are raising funds to produce Season 2 of the Where’s My Office Now? web series in collaboration with Idle Theory Bus. If we reach our goal, we will set out on a mission to interview people living and working on the road, to learn who they are and how they’ve funded their lifestyle. In addition to the web series, these interviews will be part of a community website currently in development. Not only will we interview these nomads, we will document the process of locating them and how they inspire us.
Living on the road is very much about the people we cross paths with that forever change us. We’d love to bring you along.
Many people dream of a lifestyle that gives them freedom of location. The ability to throw on a backpack, begin pedaling, or get in a van and just go. Go… to see the sunset in a faraway land. Go… into the unknown. Go… to collect experiences rather than stuff. Go… to gain new perspectives. Go… to… well, just go!
It’s romantic isn’t it, this vision? But it’s more than romantic, it’s possible. We live in an age of unlimited possibilities given the information and technology within our grasp.
The question is, how can people fund such a lifestyle? Should they work really hard and save up, or find a way to generate income while traveling? How can an average person working a traditional job take steps to transition into a life of more freedom and passion? We believe the answer begins with the collective stories of the community already living this lifestyle.
If we reach our goal, we will set out on a mission to locate, get to know, and interview nomads as part of season two of the Where’s My Office Now? web series. We will ask questions to get to the core of who they are and to learn what actions they’ve taken to manifest their vision.
There are two ways that the interviews will be viewed by the public and YOU!
1. Web series. We will document the process of searching and finding these nomads, interviewing them, and how we have been affected by each one. Each webisode will honestly depict the realities of living on the road as a couple with a dog... the tight living space, dishes, cleaning, working, staying warm, and experiencing whatever beauty or speed bumps come our way. Below is an episode from season one. Or you can watch the full season.
2. Website. We are in the process of developing a website that will compile resources and tools to teach, and stories from the community to inspire. This website is NOT part of our fundraising efforts, rather we are giving this website to the amazing community that we’ve found... to tell their stories, inspire future travelers, and empower us all to live our dreams. Below is a screenshot of the website in development.
As a team of four, we have a breadth of experience both professional and artistic, which will make the final videos professional, engaging, informational and inspiring. We are united by our love for this lifestyle and our desire to help empower others to live their dream.
Sample interview filmed by Idle Theory Bus.
- November/December 2014: Production
- January 2015: Perk fulfillment and begin editing
- February 2015: Finish editing
- March: 2015: Release web series on YouTube channel
- April 2015: Launch new website.
Risks and challenges
As it is right now, the post-production process (i.e. editing) will be completed by Emily. Exact delivery of finished webisodes is dependent on her work schedule during the months of January and February. However, every measure will be taken to meet post-production deadlines.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (16 days)