This project's funding goal was not reached on April 17, 2013.
This project's funding goal was not reached on April 17, 2013.
- An ongoing photography project depicting ballerinas amongst organic backdrops.
- The Ballerina Project was started 13 years ago in New York City.
- The project has worked with esteemed professional and advanced student ballerinas.
- We started our Facebook page presence 4 years ago. Today the project has the largest collection of followers (400,000) for ballet related pages and is the 68th largest amongst artist Facebook pages.
- A growing collection of over 800 photographic images.
New for the Ballerina Project:
- Today we are looking to establish a new sustainable future for the Ballerina Project while also paving the way for a sustainable future for the world of ballet.
- We look to evolve and continue our still photography to more corners of the world.
- The newest element in the plan for creating a sustainable future will be to add short dance films and documentaries to our creative content. We feel that it will be important to create a new platform for ballet to showcase itself beyond the confines of the stage and theater. These dance films will be based upon on our still imagery and will contain the same synergy between the environment and the dancer. Focusing around the emotions and environment of a ballerina, our films will bring to light a different viewpoint than is not ordinarily found on a stage or theater. Camera perspectives will dance, movement will slow down and the world itself will be our stage. These short dance films will be similar in length to a music video, roughly between 4 - 10 minutes long.
- The documentaries will be a compliment to all our other content because they will be based around the same dancers that have appeared in our still images and new short dance films. Each documentary will be a chance for our viewers to get to know the ballerinas and see both their demanding lives and what makes them unique beyond the stage. The documentaries will be released in roughly 4-10 minute segments and will make up a series of approximately 3-5 segments.
- Create 2 new short dances films and 2 new documentaries to compliment our popular still photography.
- We plan to work with with 2 ballerinas and will produce 2 different sets of creative content. Each set of content will consist of a short dance film, a documentary, and a collection of still images of a particular ballerina.
- With selecting ballerinas for this plan we will look to work with one dancer in the New York City area and another outside of New York City.
- The new short dance films, documentaries, and still images will be shared on Ballerina Project website. Abbreviated portions of the short dance films and documentaries will also be shared within our social media pages of Facebook, Tumblr, Vimeo and Youtube. A limited number of select still images will be shared within our social media pages of Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and our Ballerina Project blog.
Resources to raised with Kickstarter:
- Our goal is to raise $30,000 from this Kickstarter campaign.
- The more we raise above our goal the more creative content will we create.
- The money raised will be spent on travel expenses, additional filming equipment and supplies, post production editing, wardrobe, payment for dancers, and licensing or commissioning of music.
Our hopes for the Ballerina Project:
- We hope the new short dance films, documentaries and still images will create a more complete and significant representation of the world of ballet.
- Because of our already large following on our social networking pages we anticipate that this will help introduce ballet to new patrons from young children to young professionals. Ultimately this will pave the way for a new generation of patrons and will help inspire youth to become the dancers of tomorrow.
- Subscriptions to the Ballerina Project website will be rewarded to all donations above $10. We will just need an email address to setup a subscription. You can keep the subscription for yourself or give it to a friend or family member. If you give the subscription away to another individual please provide the email address to the person you wish to gift it to. Once the subscription is set up the log in details we be sent to the appropriate email address.
- All prints 11x14 and larger will be our standard limited edition prints. Each print is beautifully crafted and will be signed & number by photographer Dane Shitagi. Here is more information Ballerina Project limited edition prints. Select your image from this collection of 60 images: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150263443554949
- Limited edition print specifications: 11x14 inch print (9x9 or 8x12 inch image size on a 11x14 inch sheet - each image is limited to 30 reproductions of this size) 16x20 inch print (14x14 or 12x18 inch image size on a 16x20 inch sheet - each image is limited to 20 reproductions of this size) 30x30 inch print (24x24 inch image size on a 30x30 inch sheet - each image is limited to 3 reproductions of this size) 30x40 inch print (24x36 inch image size on a 30x40 inch sheet - each image is limited to 3 reproductions of this size) All 30x30 and 30x40 inch prints will be beautifully crafted by the well respected Luxlab in New York City.
- Because these images are limited in edition you may need to make either a second or third selection.
- The 8x10 print reward will not be our standard limited edition print but will be a beautifully crafted digital c-print by the well respected Luxlab in New York City. This print will have an 6x6 inch image size on a 8x10 sheet. This 8x10 print will not be a limited edition print but will be signed by photographer Dane Shitagi.
For $1200 or more you can also get a photo shoot with the Ballerina Project creator/photographer Dane Shitagi. Get photographed in the same fashion and manner that Ballerina Project images are created. A unique experience because Dane does not usually offer “Ballerina Project type” shoots for hire. With this shoot you will get an approximate 6 hour photo shoot, select & edit your images with Dane, 4-6 images retouched and 3 - 16x20 inch beautifully crafted prints of yourself. You will also get all the digital files on a flash drive to take home. You must be in the New York City area but shoots requiring travel will be considered for an extra fee. Please inquire to see if it would be possible to travel to your town. Email us at email@example.com
Ballerina Project website and social media pages:
Professional ballerinas have somewhat rigorous rehearsal and performance schedules that they have limited free time. We hope to be able to find and schedule dancers for this plan so we can create these new short dance films, documentaries, and still images before the end of 2013. Professional ballerinas are also very similar to professional athletes and can be subject to injury. A last minute injury to a dancer before production could delay the creation of this new content.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)