About this project
Hello everyone! This is Andrea Dawn, and I'd like to personally tell you about my new album.
All of the songs for this record are written and ready to go. We've spent the last two months demoing and searching for the perfect recording space. We will once again be working with engineer extraordinaire, Brian Zieske (The Academy Is, The Hush Sound), and we plan on recording, mixing, and mastering the record this November. We will then release the album on Record Store Day, Saturday, April 19th, 2014. Not only do we want to support our favorite holiday, but we also know that this is the best day to get our album into the hands of music lovers across the country.
We are setting our fundraising goal at $5,000, but in actuality, the project will end up costing between $15,000 and $25,000. This is why we especially need YOUR HELP to get us over the hump. By pledging to the campaign, you can PRE-ORDER the album (digital download, CD, and/or Vinyl Record), and at higher levels, receive special merchandise like a limited edition album art poster by Don Picton, a song written and recorded for you, or a house show for you and your friends. All of which will be delivered to you before the album is released.
When putting out a project like this, and asking for support in this way, one question always comes to my mind.... what makes me so special? In other words, why should people help me pursue my dreams, when we all have dreams of our own? And the answer I've come up with is that I'm NOT special. But hopefully we can make the world a place full of happier, more fulfilled people, by supporting each others dreams and ideas. This is why I love Kickstarter.
This year, I feel especially ready to go out there and work hard for my supporters. I am blessed by every contributor to my project, and will think of you during late night mixing sessions, and long, mid-night drives on tour. Thank you for being a part of my dream, and I hope someday to be a part of yours.
Be brave. Make art. Andrea Dawn
Risks and challenges
As with any recording project, there are a multitude of risks and challenges that can hinder it, and potentially stall it, along the way. From our experience, some of the biggest challenges in making a record are...
1. Deadlines, not only for the recording process, but also in other realms like album art, media, PR, the mailing of merchandise, etc
2. Money and extra expenses. Costs mount up quick, and even with a detailed budget, it can cost more than originally planned.
3. Tragedy - ex. a hard drive crash (this actually happened to us with the last record), band members becoming ill, family tragedies, etc.
However, we feel confident that we can meet any of these potential challenges head on, for several reasons.
1. EXPERIENCE. We've done this before, successfully. This will be Andrea's 5th solo recording project, and 2nd full length record. Two years ago, we helped fund the first full-length record RIGHT HERE on Kickstarter. The merchandise and prizes were delivered on time, and we heard nothing but positive feedback from all our backers. And the album went on to be a pretty big success (see our BIO). In addition to this, the other members of our recording team have even more experience; Brian Zieske alone has engineered hundreds of records, and knows how to effectively tackle and overcome any obstacle in the recording process.
2. DETAILED 6 MONTH PLAN. Along with our record label, Waterloo Sunset, we have outlined a 6-month plan from the beginning of the recording process to the album hitting the shelves on Record Store Day. This plan includes strict deadlines for recording, production of the CDs and Vinyl, a PR campaign, delivery of merch to Kickstarter backers, and the release of the record to the public. We will be meeting once or twice a week, for several hours, to stay up to date and keep on task. Thus, if small challenges do arise, we can identify and overcome them quickly.
3.BACKUP PLANS. In the event that costs rise beyond our original budget and threaten to push the record back, we have already set in motion additional sources of funding, including other private donors, a huge fundraiser show in Jan/Feb of 2014, and freelancing. As far as the physical product is concerned, we will be triple-backing up our work, and if any of the musicians involved in the project should fall ill, we already have a short list of professional musicians and engineers in Chicago ready to jump on board.
4. PASSION. In addition to the level of professionalism that we bring to our music, we are also extremely passionate about it, and specifically about this record. We will do anything and everything in order to see it through to fruition. For the next 6 months, we will work harder than we ever have before to make this an amazing album that we are proud of, and that hopefully all of you will enjoy.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Pledge $10 or more
DIGITAL DOWNLOAD of the album, before it is released!Estimated delivery:Ships anywhere in the world
Pledge $20 or more
SIGNED CD, delivered to you before it is released!Estimated delivery:Ships anywhere in the world
Pledge $30 or more
Limited Edition ALBUM ART POSTER by Don Picton + SIGNED CD, delivered to you before it is released!Estimated delivery:Ships anywhere in the world
Pledge $40 or more
SIGNED VINYL RECORD + DIGITAL DOWNLOAD, delivered to you before it is released!Estimated delivery:Ships anywhere in the world
Pledge $50 or more
Limited Edition ALBUM ART POSTER from Don Picton + SIGNED VINYL RECORD + DIGITAL DOWNLOAD, and your name in the liner notes!Estimated delivery:Ships anywhere in the world
Pledge $100 or more
An ORIGINAL SONG, written and recorded for you, about you or anything you want, + SIGNED CD, and your name in the liner notes! The song makes a great Christmas gift :-)Estimated delivery:Ships anywhere in the world
Pledge $100 or more
YOUTUBE VIDEO COVER, of any song you request, + SIGNED CD, and your name in the liner notes!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $200 or more
All the above merch, a song written for you, and a month’s worth of PRIVATE MUSIC LESSONS (voice, guitar, bass, piano, drums) from any member of the band!Estimated delivery:Ships anywhere in the world
Pledge $500 or more
All of the above merch, plus a PRIVATE HOUSE SHOW for you and all your friends!Estimated delivery:Ships anywhere in the world
- (28 days)