GAMEBOB Entertainment System:
What is GAMEBOB?
GAMEBOB is a handheld console that plays cartridges from the original nintendo entertainment system from 1985. You can find more features and specs in the pictures below.
The idea for the GAMEBOB came with the desire for a well designed reliable handheld system for the original NES games. Sure emulators are cool, but there is something special about playing with the actual cartridges. Our desire to keep the system true to the roots of old school gaming led us to design something that brings back the feel of the late 80's.
We have been working for the last year to come up with the right design and specs to make this project feasible. The manufacturer we have been working with has been making retro based game systems for over 7 years. We are confident with the manufacturer, designers and engineers we are working with. We know with your help that we can produce an amazing product.
TO SEE MORE PICTURES, DESIGNS & VIDEOS GO TO OUR WEBSITE
The wireless controllers will work on with the system if it is stand alone or pugged into the TV.
Kickstarter Campaign: 60 days
Molding & engineering: 45 days
Manufacturing: 65 days
Shipping to our warehouse: 30 days
Shipping to Backers :)
METAL ARCADE TOKEN
- Founder Home Run Games
- Classic video game enthusiast
- Loves all games
- Has been involved in board game and app design since 2007
- Founder Home Run Games
- Great love for 8-bit art and games
- Favorite platform has always been the NES
- Been designing games and apps since 2002.
- Software specialist
- Saum is our main software consultant and has been working with Home Run Games since 2011
- 3D Rendering
- 3D Modeling and general design.
- Kevy has spent the last several years in product design and we are grateful to have him on the team.
- Janner is our head hardware engineering consultant
- She has more than 10 years experience in console design and manufacturing.
We have manufactured games and card decks for over 6 years. We are sticklers for quality and use only the best materials and manufacturing practices.
Risks and challenges
The technology is proven. Our manufacturing partner has already made many systems that use this technology.
The engineering and moulding of our design will be the longest and most difficult part of the manufacturing process. Although the tooling, engineering and mould making is a complicated process we are confident in the quality that will be manufactured.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)