If you didn’t back the game and still want a copy, you can go to our website and pre-order it in this link.
In Alliances, you will play a superpower nation seeking world domination along with its ally. The game is mainly based on a trick-taking mechanism, with each trick representing a local struggle to control a country in the world. The world is composed of a number of key countries, each one represented by a tile on the table. Each country has defensive attributes: a certain military strength, economic strength and political strength that need to be overcome. In order to win, your alliance has to dominate the world by gaining control over the most countries.
Alliances includes three different games in one box:
- For 2 players - a confrontational trick taking game.
- For 3 players - a game in which each player in turn plays a superpower empire while the other two players fight him off as rebels.
- For 4 players - a game in which you and your ally will team up to fight your rival alliance to control the world!
Rahdo Runs Through "Alliances":
A Dice Tower preview with Tom Vasel:
A Father Geek Review:
Gamer Geeks: “What makes this game so much fun is that it feels familiar, but keeps you guessing and thinking right from the start.”. “What makes this game so much fun is that it feels familiar, but keeps you guessing and thinking right from the start.”.
You can read the in depth review here.
Three suits of power:
- 4,000$ - Project Funded! Bulldogs get 4 special action cards! Every copy of Alliances will get higher quality cards (with in-card aluminum foil for longer durability).
- 5750$ (7,500$) - Plastic Tokens. Every copy of Alliances will get 32 high-quality plastic tokens instead of cardboard tokens.
- 10,000$ - Bulldogs only! 8 tokens expansion. A set of 8 new country tokens.
- 15,000$ - Bulldogs only! KS exclusive scoring pad.
- 20,000$ - Official German translation of the rule book.
- 25,000$ - Bulldogs only! Extra game: "Broken Alliance". A new rule book with a "free for all" type game for 3-4 players (including 16 additional stickers/tokens).
- 30,000$ - Official French translation of the rule book.
- 35,000$ - Bulldogs only! Extra game: "Road to Domination. A new rule book with a solitaire version of Alliances.
- 40,000$ - Official Spanish translation of the rule book.
- 50,000$ - ??? 5th Player?
- Deck of 48 cards
- 20 County tiles
- 32 Alliance tokens (16 of each color)
- 1 Conflict token
- Rule book
US, and Canadian backers:
All pledge levels that include shipping (not including pick ups) will be shipped free of charge by Amazon fulfillment services. No duties are expected.
UK & EU backers:
The game is manufactured in Belgium, so all shipping will be free of charge and will be conducted from within the EU by Amazon.de fulfillment services. No duties are expected.
All rewards will be shipped from our warehouse via postal services. UPS/FEDEX/DHL or any other carrier will not be used. We will declare it as a reward, with the production value. By doing so we hope to limit your duties charges.
Alliances is our 2nd board game project, and we wish to get your support to make this game as great as the KS backers did in our first game:
Thanks for reading and considering backing our game!
Risks and challenges
Alliances is our 2nd KS project and we have a lot of experience with the risks and challenges that we might face while fulfilling this project.
Delays in production:
We might still face some unexpected delays during the 3 steps of production: graphic design, printing and quality checks.
Delays in logistics:
We might face some delays in shipping the games, with the ocean freight, the importing and customs process and with final distribution.
To sustain and fulfill your rewards we have signed a top quality printer in Belgium who specializes in cards production (e.g. Magic the Gathering).
The shipping and logistics are expected to be much faster this time, as well as the overall production time.
- (10 days)