by Catalyst Games
I spoke to GameSalute today and they are still waiting for you to send them the wooden boxes and leather playing mats. It's been 9 months since I have received the base game! In 3 more months it will be 2 years since the project was funded! How could it take so long to produce the boxes and mats?
BUMP ! Me too I'm still waiting for the wooden box and the leather playing surface ... Any word ?
I know what I'd like to see from The Duke moving forwards...my pledge rewards.
Any news on this please? Still waiting for all the legacy rewards - I only received the 2 regular games so far.
One more backer still waiting on the leather board and wooden box. At this point, we've mostly moved on from the game anyway, but it would be nice to not still be wondering about the fancy board...
Still waiting on the Legacy set, leather playing surface and box? Update needed, please.
Still no word, or playing surface and box. Update?
Is there any further update on this? I still have not received my leather playing surface or wooden box...
I would like to see a point valuation of the pieces. My wife and I play with 12 pieces in the bag. It forces some interesting choices and asymmetrical army face offs, but it would be even more interesting to choose point values.
Love the idea of Bakelite pieces. Engraved metal pieces would also be very cool.
Hooray! I've been looking forward to my wooden box and leather mat for ages!
Great game to play by torchlight whilst camping - so much fun!
An update - hallelujah! Let's hope things get wrapped up more quickly than with the last one.
Personally. I would keep to the tiles wooden, but if it generates more interest for the game I wouldn't care if other versions were made so long as any tile released for one version is also released in the other. Though please stay away from doing what Hive does, where you buy each new tile you get it in all the formats instead of being able to just buy it in the format you want - so annoying.
What I'd like to see in the future:
1 - More monsters (gold on black tiles) please. Most more terrain would be nice as well (like a fort or both sides).
2 - Sticker sheets for new icons that are added. I have a lot of blanks I need to use and to be honest they need to be cult of the new and over powered. ;)
3 - My wife and I love this game. We play it a lot. So please understand I say this not out of hate but out of the enthusiasm we have for the game - the rule book sucks. Fix them! Or at least get a FAQ out pronto and keep it current. This is my pet peeve for the game; the rules are so simple and elegant, it is a shame the rulebook cannot articulate them as elegantly.
4 - Tight control over power creep. It matters less for the red sets because of how they are used. If a tile is in a tan/brown set though, power creep is going to be really annoying. I don't want to end up with a bag half filled with useless tiles because expansions are overpowered.
Think I would like to see in The Duke.
1) A larger map. (yes, this would screw up piece balance, but that can be fixed with rules, like max slide is 6 or something)
2) Additional colors for base set. (perhaps mix this with a larger map for 4 player battle)
3) Customize tile set with sticker for the main piece. Current custom set has it in the middle so you cant have it in one of the back rows (like some pieces already use).
4) More terrain.
Thanks for the update! And so glad to see the warm reception for the game from reviewers and the community at large. I really think the audience will grow as word continues to spread. It will be great to get the community here back in action too.
Thanks for the update, Catalyst Games, and congratulations on reaching this point!
Duke 3D!?! LOL, I think my head would explode with trying to consider every potential
Love the wooden components the way they are.
I would love to see the following:
1) More terrain tiles (or different maps)
- Rivers (that may be across the whole board)
- Valleys (that allow you to shoot over them)
- Swamps (bogs down a piece)
- Building tiles that could upgrade your units? Like if a footmen landed on a blacksmith they can turn into a pikemen
2) Some sort of army construction with a point system
3) The Duke 3D :) ....yea that will never happen
4) How about an expansion with ships (and sea monsters) using a map of a coast?
5) Wall and tower pieces?
6) How about 6 sided pieces? When you move or attack, you would get to choose what your next side is as long as you don't rotate the die more than once in a given direction?
"Gook chic"? Uh....
More expansions and bakelite would be awesome!
Please check the 3rd sentence in the second paragraph...