About this project
TOME is an annual anthology in an oversized format showcasing world-class artists as they explore a single theme using the comic book, painting, and music mediums. And by oversized we're talking big, around 11x17" and 176 pages! That size will let you experience art and sequential storytelling in a way that would be almost impossible outside of standing in front of the original work itself.
[UPDATE 6/25] Because of your tremendous support today, TOME will now be upgraded to a massive 12x18"!!! Thank you!!
[UPDATE 6/27] Due to your overwhelming support, TOME will now be upgraded to include a music CD compilation!!
[UPDATE 6/30] Everyone pledging support of $150 or more will automatically get an invitation to the TOME launch party in Chicago!]
[UPDATE 7/11] Again, because of your overwhelming support, we'll now be producing a feature length documentary film that will explore the creation of TOME and the process of art's genesis, as well as the state of the comic book and fine art industries! The documentary will be released for free next year to everyone who has pledged here on the TOME Kickstarter!
[UPDATE 8/7] Because of your incredible support, we're able to upgrade TOME one more time...the book will now be an incredible 200 pages! The additional pages mean that we'll be able to house even more stunning art in TOME, and announcements have come and are coming today for some world-class artists we've been able to bring into the project!
This year's TOME will focus on the theme of VAMPIRISM. Modern popular culture has shown us all kinds of depictions of vampires, from the silly to the subdued. Featured artists in TOME will each take 3-5 pages to explore what we think is a unique and relevant take on vampirism as a whole, including the misuse of power and the objectification and exploitation of others. And at the conclusion of each artist's contribution, they'll have a one-page interview conducted by another artist to continue their artistic exploration.
The artists in TOME so far are:
- Aaron Ryan (tattoo artist, illustrator)
- Alan Robert (musician, artist, writer) - Life of Agony, Wire Hangers, Crawl to Me, Killogy
- Alberto Ruiz (fine artist, art book maker)
- Alexandra Manukyan (fine artist)
- Andy Belanger (artist, writer, illustrator) - Kill Shakespeare, Black Church
- Ario (fine artist, illustrator, writer, actor)
- Ashley Wood (artist, writer) - Lore, Hellspawn, 3A Toys
- Becky Cloonan (artist, writer, illustrator) - Wolves, Demo, Conan
- Ben Templesmith (artist, writer) - 30 Days of Night, Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse, Fell
- Bill Sienkiewicz (artist, writer) - Elektra: Assassin, Stray Toasters
- Carlos Torres (tattoo artist, fine artist)
- Chet Zar (fine artist, SFX artist) - Tool music videos, Hellboy I & II motion pictures
- Chris Newman (fine artist, illustrator)
- Christopher Mitten - Criminal Macabre, 30 Days of Night, Wasteland
- Collide (musical group) - Independent Music Award nominee, soundtrack of Underworld: Awakening
- Dave Dorman (artist, illustrator) - Star Wars
- Dave McKean (visual artist, musician) - MirrorMask, Sandman, Cages, Arkham Asylum
- David Palumbo (fine artist, illustrator)
- David Stoupakis (artist) - Korn album cover artist
- Edith Lebeau (artist)
- Edward Ka-Spel (musician) - The Legendary Pink Dots, The Tear Garden
- Felipe Echevarria (fine artist, illustrator) - Death From Above, Stakes
- Fink (singer, songwriter, DJ) - four studio albums, collaborator with Amy Winehouse and John Legend
- Francesco Francavilla (artist, writer, illustrator, concept artist) - Batman The Black Mirror, Swamp Thing, Black Beetle
- George Pratt (artist, writer) - Enemy Ace: War Idyll, Sandman, Wolverine: Netsuke
- Guillermo Rigattieri (fine artist)
- Jamie Kranig (writer, artist, musician)
- Jarboe (singer, songwriter, experimental musician) - Swans, World of Skin
- Jason Felix (fine artist, illustrator)
- Jason Shawn Alexander (fine artist, illustrator, writer) - Batman, Hellboy, multi-Eisner nominee
- Jed Leiknes (tattoo artist, fine artist, illustrator, writer)
- Jeremy Sorrell (fine artist, illlustrator)
- Jill Thompson (artist, writer, illustrator) - Sandman, Beast of Burden, The Scary Godmother
- Jim Mahfood (artist, illustrator, writer) - LA Ink Stains, Tank Girl, Clerks, 40oz Comics
- Jock (artist, illustration, concept design) - The Losers, Batman: Black Mirror, Dune, Batman Begins
- jonathanWAY$HAK (artist, writer, illustrator) - Toner, When Chickens Revolt, Analgesia
- Julia SH (photographer)
- Kambriel (clothing & accessories designer)
- Kasra Ghanbari (writer, art agent) - MONOCYTE, Drawing the Line Again Anthology
- Kevin Allen (composer) - opera, chamber, orchestral
- Matthew Bone (fine artist)
- menton3 (artist, writer, musician) - ZvR, Silent Hill, MONOCYTE, Saltillo
- Michael Page (fine artist)
- Miran Kim (fine artist, illustrator) - The Fallen, 27 Graves, cover art for Animal Man, Hellraiser, The Crow
- Molly Crabapple (artist, writer, activist) - Dr. Sketchy's, Puppet Makers, house artist at The Box
- Monica Richards (singer, songwriter) - Strange Boutique, Faith and the Muse
- Phil Hale (fine artist)
- Ray Fawkes (fine artist, writer) - Possessions Book One: Unclean Getaway, One Soul
- Richard A. Kirk (fine artist, illustrator) - Korn album cover artist
- Richard Friend (fine artist, illustrator) - Black Drawings, DC Comics, Wildstorm
- Richard Walters (singer, songwriter, musician)
- Riley Rossmo (artist, writer) - Proof, Green Wake, Rebel Blood
- Saltillo (band) - solo music project of menton3
- Scott Radke (fine artist) - Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland
- Shane Pierce (fine artist, video game designer)
- Steve Niles (writer) - 30 Days of Night, Criminal Macabre
- Sunday Munich (band) - duo of vocalist Sarah Matthews and instrumentalist menton3
- Ti Kunit (fine artist)
- Tim Roosen (fine artist, metal sculptor)
- Toby Cypress (artist, writer, illustrator) - The Tourist, Blue Estate, Rodd Racer
- Vincent Castiglia (fine artist)
- Wendy Farrow (fine artist)
- Zatsepin Alex & Katrine Elisanth (photographer/model team)
TOME is being put together by an incredible grouping of artists, writers, and musicians who are largely contributing their work as a collective through mutual support, art exchange and trade, and other non-financial arrangements. Still, it's quite costly to create and print a book of this massive size and quality. At 44FLOOD, we've secured an excellent agreement for printing and have already established partial distribution.
Our goal at 44FLOOD is to get you involved through this Kickstarter campaign to help make TOME a reality. We're asking for your support through pre-ordering TOME, purchasing the offered art and prints, selecting from the special rewards offered, or even making a donation. And once a year hereafter, you can rely on TOME to again bring together artists from around the world and all walks of life to delve deep into a fresh and unusual theme.
Thank you for your time, consideration, and support!
DESCRIPTION OF REWARDS
All rewards have U.S. shipping already included! Please add additional stated amounts for international shipping.
"explicitus est liber" - Limited-edition 8.5x12" hardcover companion book to TOME with 48 pages of exclusive images, process, and supplemental content exploring not only the narrative process but techniques employed by many of the artists during the production of TOME.
* Ben Templesmith Exclusive Print - "Goodnight Mr. Hackney" is about the things you love being finite and the temptations surrounding the potentiality that they never die, right or wrong. This beautiful 11x17" print is signed and embossed by Ben on heavy paper stock and will only ever be available during this Kickstarter!
* menton3 Exclusive Print - "Maid" is a turn away from exploring the shadow parts of the anima towards viewing the lighter side where radiant beauty resides. This lovely 11x17" print is signed and embossed by menton3 on heavy paper stock and will only ever be available during this Kickstarter!
* David Stoupakis Exclusive Print - "Enemy of One" depicts the eternal war within as we contemplate what is and what could be. This amazing 11x12" print is signed and embossed by David on heavy paper stock and will only ever be available during this Kickstarter!
* Ben Templesmith/menton3 Exclusive Death Tarot Print - The first collaboration between these two artists incorporates both traditional and stylized tarot symbology to discuss rebirth and the sustaining of consciousness. This incredible 11x17" print is signed and embossed by both Ben and menton3 on heavy paper stock and will only ever be available during this Kickstarter!
* "Something Close to a Vice" Exclusive Giclee Print by menton3 - The conscious parts of the Self teach us about virtue, and the shadow parts of the Self teach us about vice. This stunning 18x24" museum quality giclee print will be signed/numbered and will only ever be available during this Kickstarter!
* Saltillo song - Saltillo is the critically-acclaimed solo music project of menton3. Saltillo's first album, Ganglion, garnered a massive international following leading to the release of Saltillo's second album, MONOCYTE, through Artoffact Records/Storming The Base. Here's a one-time chance to have Saltillo craft a song just for you. And after the song is delivered to you, it will be deleted from our hard drive such that you will be the only person in the world with the track, which you may choose to either share or not.
* SOLD REWARD!! - Steve Niles writes you a script!
* SOLD REWARD!! - Scott Radke Frankenstein puppet!
* SOLD REWARD!! - MONOCYTE #1 B cover!
* NEW REWARD ADDED 6/26 - menton3 Limited Print - "Meridiana of Pope Sylvester II" is a stunning 18x24" limited-edition print on beautiful German Etching Paper that is signed, numbered, and embossed by menton3. The original painting will be in a gallery show at Strychnin Gallery in Berlin this August.
* SOLD REWARD!! - NEW REWARD ADDED 6/26 - David Stoupakis MONOCYTE #1 title page art!
* SOLD REWARD!! - NEW REWARD ADDED 6/26 - Matthew Bone oil painting! (above image is a sample of Matthew's incredible work)
* NEW REWARD ADDED 7/5 - Scott Radke marionette - We've added a second impossible-to-get Scott Radke marionette!!!!
* SOLD REWARD!! - NEW REWARD ADDED 7/5 - Riley Rossmo Southern Dog book cover!
* SOLD REWARD!! - NEW REWARD ADDED 7/5 - Richard A. Kirk "Spool" illustration!
* NEW REWARD ADDED 7/5 - Scott Radke head sculpture - Another amazing Scott Radke piece here, this time a sculpted heard strung for easy hanging!
* NEW REWARD ADDED 7/5 - George Pratt Wolverine: Netsuke #4 cover prelim art - Original 10.5x14" pen/ink cover #4 prelim art for Eisner award-winning series Wolverine: Netsuke #4 by George Pratt!
* SOLD REWARD!! - NEW REWARD ADDED 7/5 - Ben Templesmith as-of-yet unused Wormwood cover art!
TOME ARTISTS SO FAR - BRIEF BIOS
* Aaron Ryan - Aaron is an Irish artist trained as an animator in Dublin who has worked on productions for Sullivan Bluth and Warner Bros. He is currently working on an Irish folklore storybook with a dark twist.
* Alan Robert - Alan is a popular musician, artist and author best known for being the primary-songwriter/bassist for the hard-rock group, Life of Agony. His comic book work includes Wire Hangers and Crawl to Me, which is currently being adapted into a feature film. His highly anticipated Killogy series will be out this Halloween.
* Alberto Ruiz - Alberto is known around the world as one of the modern masters of figurative drawing, as well as for being an outspoken advocate for artistic freedom and expression. He's the founder of Brandstudio Press, creator of art books primarily by cutting-edge animators and illustrators, as well as the newly formed Trinquette Publishing, which provides a book production platform to artists globally.
* Alexandra Manukyan - Alexandra has exploded onto the gallery scene with her seductive mix of classic imagery, decadent settings, modernized narrative, and impeccable technique. Her solo exhibition “Secrets and Confessions” at La Luz de Jesus Gallery earlier this year was a resounding success and critically lauded. She was part of the “I Want To Be First” group show at Kat Von D’s Wonderland Gallery and will be in the upcoming “Taboo” group show at Paul Booth’s Last Rites Gallery in July.
* Andy Belanger - Andy works as a freelance cartoonist/illustrator out of the Montreal-based STUDIO LOUNAK. He does work in the mainstream and children's comic market, plus a wide variety of work for the Canadian Film and Television industry. He is currently the artist on the IDW series Kill Shakespeare, as well as three self-published works, one of which being the total ode to Heavy Metal titled Black Church.
* Ario - Ario’s departure to the United States from Iran in 1978, only months before its revolution, was just one in a series of events that have molded the unique perspective of this unorthodox artist. His art illustrates universal human conditions from pain, sorrow, and isolation to perseverance in confronting the richness of life and the attainment of love.
* Ashley Wood - Ashley is a fine artist, writer, illustrator, and entrepreneur whose work has appeared in outlets from comic books to art books to the toy/video game industry to fine art galleries.
* Becky Cloonan - Becky is an award-winning cartoonist and illustrator who started self-publishing mini comics in 1999. She's been a frequent collaborator with writer Brian Wood on books such as Channel Zero: Jennie One, Demo, Northlanders (#35-36), and Conan at Dark Horse Comics. Her work in comics has included Pixu: The Mark of Evil (with Gabriel Ba, Fabio Moon, and Vasilis Lolos), American Virgin with Steve T. Seagle, and East Coast Rising. Her mini comics have included The Mire and Wolves.
* Ben Templesmith - Ben is a NY Times best-selling artist and writer most widely known for his work in the comic books (30 Days of Night, Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse, Fell) where he's received multiple nominations for the International Horror Guild Awards, as well as the industry's top prize, the Eisner Award. He also won a Spike TV Scream Award.
* Bill Sienkiewicz - Bill is an Eisner-winning, Emmy-nominated artist and writer best known for revamping the style of comic/graphic novel illustration from 1980 onward, most notably with Marvel Comics' Elektra: Assassin and his critically-acclaimed graphic novel Stray Toasters, earning him an international reputation and cult status across media industries.
* Chet Zar - Chet is an internationally known fine artist who has also worked extensively as a special effects designer and sculptor for the motion picture industry in movies such as The Ring and Hellboy I & II, as well as music videos for the band Tool. His fine art paintings are highly sought after and displayed in galleries around the world.
* Chris Newman - Chris is working in the video game industry as an art director and concept artist. When he's not painting game artwork he's illustrating for graphic novelists and musicians.
* Christopher Mitten - Chris is a comic book artist and illustrator best known for his work on Criminal Macabre with Steve Niles at Dark Horse Comics and Wasteland through Oni Press, as well as 30 Days of Night at IDW.
* Collide - Collide is a music duo founded in Los Angeles by vocalist/lyricist kaRIN and musician Statik that incorporates elements of electro, EBM, synthpop, and music from the Middle East into their sound. Collide was nominated for the 10th Annual Independent Music Awards under the Cover Song category. Their music has been used in many films, including Underworld: Awakening.
* Dave Dorman - The artist of such wonders as Star Wars, Batman, Indiana Jones and so many more opens the hidden closet in his mind to let out a little darkness.
* Dave McKean - Dave is an English illustrator, photographer, comic book artist, graphic designer, filmmaker, and musician. He’s illustrated several award winning comics including Arkham Asylum, Signal to Noise, and Mr. Punch, as well as written/illustrated Cages and Pictures That Tick. His many CD covers include Skinny Puppy, Michael Nyman, Front Line Assembly, Tori Amos, and Alice Cooper. His feature film work includes directing MirrorMask, directing/writing Luna, and directing The Gospel of Us. He was concept artist for two Harry Potter films: Prisoner of Azkaban and The Goblet of Fire.
* David Palumbo - David is an illustrator and fine artist who’s work has been featured on dozens of book and comic covers (Tor, Ace, Dark Horse) and gaming cards (Magic, World of Warcraft) and has been awarded two Spectrum medals. His paintings have hung in galleries from New York to Paris.
* David Stoupakis - David is an internationally known fine artist whose paintings draw the viewer into a centuries-old scene where childhood innocence juxtaposes macabre surroundings to produce images not of this world. His worked has graced the cover of many albums, including KORN. David's paintings can be seen exhibited in museums and galleries around the world.
* Edith Lebeau - Edith is a fine artist from Quebec, Canada influenced by a fascination with popular culture, Greek/Roman/Celtic mythology, movies, and fairytales. She mostly paints female figures, portraying them as superheroes, villains, goddesses, and nymphs, their look being the most important thing in her work: they tell their own story through their expressions and emotions.
* Edward Ka-Spel - Edward is an enigmatic musician best known as the lead singer, keyboard/electronics player, songwriter, and co-founder of the band The Legendary Pink Dots. He’s released a number of solo albums and has worked on various side projects, including The Tear Garden with cEvin Key of Skinny Puppy. His lyrics are intensely personal and mystical, incorporating recurrent themes from his own personal mythos.
* Felipe Echevarria - Felipe works in fine art, illustration, and graphic novels. Amongst his work is the hand-painted spiritual graphic novel epic Death From Above, and STAKES, a vampire adventure series written by Todd Jones.
* Fink - Fink started as a world-class DJ and electronic producer before moving on to be the first and pre-eminent singer-songwriter signed to the legendary British label Ninja Tune. Fink is also an in-demand collaborator, having written for the likes of John Legend, Ximena Sarinana, Amy Winehouse, and Professor Green. His songs have been been heard on television shows such as CSI: NY, Lie to Me, Friday Night Lights, NCIS, and House MD amond many others.
* Francesco Francavilla - Francesco is a Eisner & Eagle Award winning artist who has worked on acclaimed series like BATMAN THE BLACK MIRROR and SWAMP THING (with Scott Snyder), ZORRO YEAR ONE (with Matt Wagner), and BLACK PANTHER (with David Liss). He's currently illustrating his own creator-owned THE BLACK BEETLE for Dark Horse and Captain America and Black Widow for Marvel. Francesco's acclaimed cover work led to an Eisner win for Best Cover Artist in 2012.
* George Pratt - George is a fine artist, writer, illustrator, and teacher with multiple Eisner Award nominations during his comic book career. His graphic novel Enemy Ace: War Idyll was on the required reading list at West Point Military Academy, and his Wolverine: Netsuke limited series won an Eisner Award for Best Painter. His work may be found in galleries and private collections around the world.
* Guillermo Rigattieri - Guillermo is a Argentinian metal sculptor whose work covers themes from the dramatic to the fantastic to the playful. His work may be found in galleries and private collections around the world.
* Jamie Kranig - Jamie's words constantly test a reader’s limits of interpretation by forcing them to think outside their norm, challenging them, and providing a literary experience unlike any other. His art is dark, raw, edgy, and provocative.
* Jarboe - Jarboe draws from a variety of charged sources, from her early exposure to snake-handling revivals in the Mississippi delta, parents who were in the FBI, her participation in a lounge act, experimental performance in gallery & live radio settings, her 14-year critically acclaimed recordings and collaboration with Swans doing worldwide concerts (clubs, theatres, festivals, live radio, TV).
* Jason Felix - Jason is currently working as a contractor on the Dead Space series, Magic The Gathering franchise, and other various announced projects. He has helped to visually establish other large franchises such as StarCraft, Hellgate: London, and the Prince of Persia. Jason is best known for his painting series titled Salvaged, which combines the human body with industrial elements.
* Jason Shawn Alexander - Jason's work has been seen on titles like Batman, Hellboy, and Marvel Zombies. His work with Oni Press, earned him two Eisner nominations for Queen & Country and has awards from the Society of Illustrators for his cover work for Dark Horse comics. Aside from comics and film, Alexander has been the subject of number of solo and group exhibitions. In 2009, his portrait hung in the Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery in Washington, DC.
* Jed Leiknes - Jed is a tattoo artist, painter, writer, and illustrator based in Wisconsin. His work focuses on dark surrealism.
* Jeremy Sorrell - Jeremy has worked professionally as a contract concept artist for Toy Biz (a division of Marvel Entertainment, LLC) and has exhibited artwork at several galleries in the U.S. He’s currently developing a creator-owned property The Jbots and an independent comic book. Jeremy received his BFA in Industrial Design from CCAD
* Jill Thompson - Jill is a comic artist with curls of flame, bon vivant, creator of many things like Scary Godmother, Magic Trixie and more. She's best known for The Scary Godmother, Magic Trixie, and some of her past illustration work on a little series called The Sandman.
* Julia SH - Julia was born in Stockholm, Sweden, where she studied theater and performance. In 2002, she moved to London to continue her studies, obtaining her BA in Fine Art (film/video/performance) from Central Saint Martin’s College of Art and Design in 2005, and her MFA in Fine Art (media) from the Slade School of Fine Art in 2007.
* Kambriel - Kambriel has been a major design influence in the underground culture since 1994, with her signature style merging dark elegance and timeless art. Kambriel's award-winning clothing & accessory designs were selected to be displayed at the Museum at FIT in NYC, featured in The NY Times, shown in galleries from Berlin, London, San Francisco and beyond, worn on stage and screen by friends and clients such as Amanda Palmer, Monica Richards, Information Society, Doc Hammer, Margaret Cho, as well as on the Academy Awards red carpet by master storyteller Neil Gaiman.
* Kasra Ghanbari - Kasra is writer, artist, and entrepreneur who has been Art Agent to many fine artists, sculptors, and comic book artists over the last 10 years. He is co-creator/writer of the comic book MONOCYTE and co-editor/compiler of Drawing the Line Again, an anthology that raised money for cancer research.
* Kevin Allen is a highly regarded composer of opera, chamber, and orchestral music whose work has been performed in churches and concert halls around the world.
* Matthew Bone - Matthew is a fine artist raised on a diet of comic books, horror movies, and pornography. His paintings focus on pride, lust, vengeance, and the lurid underbelly of humanity, as well as the allegories that illustrate the consequences of its revelation. By utilizing the conventions of pop culture and its willingness to embrace the artifice as the sincere, Matthew attempts to create a re-envisioned modern mythology.
* menton3 - menton3 is a fine artist, writer, and illustrator known in the comic book world for his work on Silent Hill, Lovecraft's Dunwich Horror, and his co-created/written book MONOCYTE among many others. His techniques and subjects draw heavily from old masterworks, alchemical writings, symbology, and Jungian psychology. menton3's art can be seen in fine art galleries around the world.
* Miran Kim - Miran is a fine artist and illustrator whose art has appeared in comic books, magazines, and galleries. She was cover artist for the X-Files, Hellraiser, Animal Man, The Crow, The Predator, Bandy Man, and her graphic novel The Fallen. Miran's work appeared in the well-known Absolut Vodka campaign and was titled “Absolut Kim.” She is also working on her graphic novel 27 Graves with internationally acclaimed comic book writer Steve Niles.
* Molly Crabapple - Molly founded Dr. Sketchy’s Anti-Art School and is House Artist for The Box. She released her first graphic novel, the steampunk saga Puppet Makers, with DC Comics, and her forthcoming Straw House will be issued by First Second Books in 2013.
* Monica Richards - Monica has been a front-woman for underground music the last 25 years as one-half of Faith and the Muse all the way through to her current solo work and recently released album Naiades.
* Ray Fawkes - Ray is a Toronto-based fine artist and writer of graphic novels. He is an Eisner, Harvey, and three-time Shuster Award nominee, and a YALSA award winner for "Possessions Book One: Unclean Getaway". His newest book, "One Soul", debuted in July 2011 to critical acclaim, including a starred Booklist review, and has been nominated for the 2012 Eisner award and 2012 Harvey award.
* Richard A. Kirk - Richard is a visual artist, illustrator, and author living in Canada. He actively shows in Canada, the USA, and Europe with his art in many private collections throughout the world. Richard has illustrated works by Clive Barker, Caitlin R. Kiernan, Christopher Golden, China Mieville,and others. He also created the artwork for the eighth CD by the rock band Korn.
* Richard Friend - Richard is an American illustrator and fine artist who's well known in the comic book industry for his work with Wildstorm and DC Comics. He's currently working on an original series of illustrations entitled "The Black Drawings" that must be seen to be believed.
* Richard Walters - Richard Walters has been a voice-for-hire for many prominent musical projects. He has released two full length albums – ‘The Animal’ in 2009 and ‘Pacing’ in 2011, with a third, 'Regret Less' due this fall – and his music has featured on the soundtracks of world eating US TV shows ‘Grey’s Anatomy’, ‘CSI: Miami’ and ‘So You think You Can Dance…America’.
* Riley Rossmo - Riley is a comic book artist/writer and illustrator that has quickly garnered critical and industry-wide acclaim for his series of creator-owned works such as Cowboy Ninja Viking, Proof, Green Wake, Rebel Blood, and the upcoming Wildchildren.
* Saltillo is the solo music project of menton3 that combines trip hop, industrial beats, and esoteric voice samples and/or vocals. Saltillo's first album Ganglion garnered a massive following, leading to his second release MONOCYTE from Artoffact Records.
* Scott Radke - Scott works from subconscious imagery to create mixed media sculptures and animal/human hybrid explorations. His artwork is highly sought-after and resides in major art collections, including large-scale commissioned work from NIKE CEO Mark Parker, as well as Morgan Spurlock. His work/design has appeared in a number of music videos and films, including a cameo in Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland.
* Shane Pierce - Shane is a self-taught artist whose current work focuses on creating figurative energetic abstract paintings. Shane has been a professional full-time artist for over 18 years. He lives and works in Cary, North Carolina with his wife Michelle, two sons, two dogs and five Koi fish.
* Steve Niles - Steve is a internationally known writer of comics, novels, and films including 30 Days of Night, Freaks of the Heartland, Batman, Cal McDonald/Criminal Macabre, and many many more. He is credited among other contemporary writers for bringing horror comics back to prominence.
* Sunday Munich is the duo of vocalist Sarah Matthews and instrumentalist menton3 with a raw, trip hop sound. Their two albums are Pneuma and Vinculum.
* Tim Roosen - Tim is a Belgian metal sculptor whose work consists of life-size heroic warrior women, twisted creatures, and masks made of mostly mild steel and inspired by an overdose of Sci-Fi movies and fantasy literature. The cold and lifeless metal is cut, hammered, and welded into organic, living creatures out of dreams and nightmares.
* Toby Cypress - Toby is an artist and writer working in comics, film, and animation. His comic book work includes THE TOURIST with Brian Wood and BLUE ESTATE for Image Comics, BATMAN BLOODBORNE for DC Comics, and the self-published RODD RACER. Toby's art was selected for inclusion in the prestigious SWALLOW series from IDW. He's also worked as a storyboard artist and conceptual designer for clients such as TOKYOPOP and Nike.
* Wendy Farrow - Wendy is an international award-winning photographer and mixed media artist. She has over 30 years invested in her passion for photography and 17 years in digital media and imaging. In her work, sculpture, painting, drawing and photography are brought together for a rich textural and sensual experience.
* Zatsepin Alex & Katrine Elisanth - Photographer and model, respectively, are an artistic tandem specializing in dark art photography. They were born in the USSR, but work in non-traditional post-Soviet area dark style and are rumored to still be wanted by the KGB for decay of Soviet morals and ethics.
The contents of, and contributors to, the anthology TOME are subject to change as production continues. We'll absolutely do our best to keep you up-to-date on TOME's development during the entire Kickstarter campaign!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.