The Galileo is a revolutionary, iOS-controlled robotic iPhone platform with infinite spherical rotation capability. Just swipe your finger on the screen of your iPad or other iOS device and Galileo reacts, orienting your iPhone or iPod Touch accordingly. With applications in areas of photography, cinematography, social networking, and video conferencing, Galileo gives iOS devices endless possibilities of remote-controlled motion. Capable of infinite 360° pan-and-tilt at speeds up to 200° per second in any orientation, Galileo is an invaluable tool to everyone from an amateur photographer to the professional cinematographer, and vastly improves the experience of video chat for anyone needing to stay connected.
How Will You Use Galileo?
To bring distant experiences closer than ever before? To capture an exquisite sunset panorama? To film silky smooth gimbal shots with unparalleled power and ease? Galileo gives you the ability to do things you never thought possible.
- Video calls and conferencing – stay connected as you follow the action
- Baby monitoring – see what you want to see, not just what the babysitter shows you
- Remote learning – follow professors around the classroom; see who is asking questions
- Time-lapse photography – create dynamic time-lapse videos that encompass movement along with passage of time
- Cinematography – Shoot interesting transition shots, panning down, panning across and up, etc. Mount the Galileo on rails and create a mini-rig for your iPhone camera!
- Real estate photography – build 360° spherical virtual home tours with ease
Below is a short time-lapse demo video to give you a sense of what's possible with Galileo. The clips within this video were shot on a prototype Galileo with an iPhone4.
- Infinite 360° panning and tilting rotation. 200° per second pan-and-tilt speeds.
- Remotely controlled from your iPad, iPhone, or web browser. Swipe your finger across the screen or move your mouse to control the movement of the Galileo and your device.
- SDK (software developers kit) for app development. Freedom to integrate Galileo functionality into existing apps or to create entirely new apps built around the movement capabilities of Galileo. Or build software to integrate the Galileo with other hardware (e.g. camera rails).
- Outfitted with a standard tripod screw, the Galileo can be mounted on any tripod.
- Fabulous charging station for your iPhone or iPod. Charges your device while plugged in (USB cable included).
- Rechargeable Lithium polymer battery lets you use your Galileo anywhere.
The Galileo charges your device while plugged in
- Works with: iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPod Touch 4th Generation
- Controlled by: iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPod Touch 4th Generation, and web browser
- Colors: Black, white, limited edition Kickstarter Green
- Weight: 7oz
- Size: 2 x 3.25” closed, 3.5 x 4.3” open
- Tripod Mount: Universal 1/4” thread; compatible with all standard tripods
Available in black, white, and limited edition Kickstarter Green
Join the Galileo Community!
What excites us the most about Galileo are the uses that we haven't thought of yet. With our Galileo SDK, app developers have the freedom to integrate Galileo functionality into their existing apps as well as create entirely new apps around the unbounded movement of Galileo, expanding the possibilities for automated tracking and photographic and cinematographic applications.
So what will you do with Galileo?
Freedom to develop apps or integrate into other hardware with our SDK
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
After a bit of inspiration and a ton of hard work, we are almost ready to release Galileo into the wild. Your support is essential to help us build production tooling and develop a suite of magical apps based on the Galileo API.
Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., no endorsement implied.
- (30 days)