About this project
(OK, so this isn't actually the picture of Tim with the iCups, but we swear, he laughed just like that!!)
1. You know right away when a girl gives you a fake number.
2. No more confusing IOS updates. With iCups, it's like nothing changes... ever.
3. Can’t get pulled over for talking on the iCups while driving.
4. No embarrassing ringtone to go off in the movie theater.
5. Base model comes fully loaded.
6. Replacement parts available at your local convenience store.
7. No international roaming charges to worry about while vacationing.
8. Can you drink a soda out of your smartphone? Didn't think so!
9. Never get put on hold by a customer service rep again.
10. Lightweight. Weighs less than three paper cups.
11. Call anyone anywhere in the world anytime! *As long as that person is standing within 6-feet from you.
12. Unlimited, totes everything plan available starting at $0 a month.
13. Cut ties with your service provider with one snip of the scissors.
14. Gets full reception in elevators, basements, and tunnels.
15. Let's see the NSA listen in on these phone calls...
16. Now you'll know for certain when somebody's ignoring your call.
17. Never lose your phone again. Just follow the string…
18. Use your iCups to build sandcastles at the beach.
19. Listen to other people’s conversation in another room by holding the iCups up to the wall.
20. Hold the iCups up to your ear when no one is talking, and you can hear the ocean.
21. Nunchucks, in a flash!
22. Phone sex escalates waaay too quickly
23. Impossible for a thief to access your personal information.
24. Have you ever picked up a girl with: “Hey, wanna see my new smartphone?” No? Well, how about: “Hey, wanna see my new iCups?” “What’s iCups?” she asks. And it’s all downhill from there…
25. With iCups, you know instantly if someone’s really “on their way” or not.
Too lazy to read? We drew them too! Just click here
Wait wait wait… You’re asking for money for a joke??? Is this a scam?
Ha, we get that a lot. But no, it’s not a scam, nor is this a fake project.
Many people compare us with the Potato Salad project that raised over 55k on Kickstarter (genious, BTW). Yes, our project does have an element of irony and fun, but the crucial difference is that we have a REAL PRODUCT that we want to mass produce and see on gift store shelves everywhere!
Like all products in the world, it costs money to manufacture, and even though our product is just two cups connected by a string, you’d be surprised at how everything add up. Since we want to be absolutely transparent we’ve listed our expenses below:
Earlier this year, we pooled all of our resources together to make a first run of 250 iCups (500 cups in total) to send out to friends, gift websites and press members as a proof of concept. So far, we've been reviewed and featured by CNET, Business Insider, and even Fox Business News!
The full production cost came out to roughly $5 per fully loaded box of 250 iCups. However, if we increase the quantity to 3,000, the price point would drop to $3 per iCups.
So we need $9,000 for production costs to manufacture 3,000 units and another $1,000 for warehouse storage, office equipment, and miscellaneous expenses. That's why we are asking for $10,000 – to make sure the job gets done right!
We have already been in talks with a few distributors of joke products, including Spencer’s Gifts, but we need to develop a proper manufacturing and fulfillment strategy, and most importantly, have the product on our hands to sell it.
For all press inquiries, just follow this link: http://www.icups.us/press/ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stalk iCups on www.facebook.com/iCupsTechnology
Follow iCups on https://twitter.com/iCupsTechnology
Enjoy iCups on http://instagram.com/iCupsTechnology
THANK YOUS AND CREDITS!
Without these amazing people, iCups would never been where it is now (in no particular order):
Kickstarter video production, editing and overall mastering – the extraordinary Ray Izad-Mehr from Ozon Films (http://ozonfilms.com/).
Parodying Sir Jonny Ive –the very talented Malcolm Matthews.
Shooting cool pictures of iCups – the extremely creative Ksenia Ashikhina.
Design elements of the Kickstarter page – the lovely Lana Fedorovskaja.
Illustrating the 25 features of iCups – the exceptionally funny and artistic Alicia Garcia (www.pigpigmentation.com).
Creating Press Releases and helping spread the iCups love – the inspirational Patricia Handschiegel.
And last but not least – the one and only Dan Moyer Jr. –co-writer of the Kickstarter page, Kickstarter script, 25 Features of iCups, and just an overall cool dude!
And a special thanks to everyone in the press who have helped raise awareness for our iRonic revolution: Shara Tibken and Amanda Kooser from Cnet, Julie Bort from Business Insider, Brian Crecente from Polygon, Lauren Simonetti, Matt Dean and Steve from Fox Business News and countless writers, journalists and bloggers!
And insanely-huge thank yous to Steve Wozniak, Tim Cook, and the thousands of iCups supporters and fans around the world! How else can I put it but – you’re aweseome!
Risks and challenges
Our biggest obstacle is expense. We made the first iCups in our garage with a cheap printer. To mass produce we need commercial printing, packaging, and to develop a fulfillment strategy. Plus we need to be prepared for the onslaught of lawsuits from the phone companies whose business we'll be stealing!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)