Handcrafted Barbecue from Austin, Texas
As a native to central Texas, I have loved barbecue as long as I can remember. I have spent years smoking briskets and homemade sausages for friends and family, at parties and clubs, at record stores and beer halls—any chance I could get! Now I am ready to bring this hard-earned craft to the people in the heart of Austin.
What is Hill Country style barbecue?
Birthed from the old butcher shops of central Texas, Hill Country style barbecue traces its roots to the German and Czech settlers who arrived during the 19th century. With them they brought their own traditional methods for slow smoking meats with oak, and a hearty appetite for brisket as well as artisanal sausages. I will be utilizing these techniques to create from scratch delicious 100% handcrafted Texas barbecue—everything from the sausage to the sauces!
So far, I have bought a mid-century camper trailer and completely renovated the interior for concession use.
And I've built a smoker on a separate trailer.
So I'm almost there, but I need a little bit of support.
Your pledges will help to finance:
- Equipment—I still need to purchase steamtables, stainless steel tables, shelving, etc.
- Painting—The inside of the trailer looks brand new, but the outside is still pretty beat up.
- Signage—I need to make signs and banners.
- Permits and licensing—I still need to apply for city business permits and health department inspections. These are all very expensive.
- Electricity—I need to have a meter installed in order for the city to run electricity to my humble trailer.
As you know, Kickstarter is all or nothing - every pledge helps to get me closer to my goal. Thank you for checking out my page, and be sure to take a look at all of the great incentives I'm offering.
Support this project
- (28 days)