About this project
For nearly sixty years, people around the world have been thrilled by the ongoing adventures of James Bond. And it's not hard to see why. The combination of death-defying stunts, cool gadgets, beautiful women, and sinister villains is nearly irresistible.
But there's another feature of the James Bond films that's just as crucial to their success: The music.
Songs. Bond Songs: The Music of 007 is the latest Curry Cuts release, and it pays tribute to that great Bond music, with some of today's best indie pop artists - including members of Drive-By Truckers, The New Pornographers, Fountains of Wayne, and Bowling For Soup - offering updated interpretations of every Bond theme ever.
Take a look at the amazing roster of musicians:
- James Bond Theme – Lannie Flowers
- From Russia With Love – The Stereo Twins
- Goldfinger – Jason Berk
- Thunderball – Jaret Reddick (of Bowling For Soup)
- The Look Of Love – Wyatt Funderburk
- You Only Live Twice – Jeff Litman & Andi Rae Healey
- We Have All The Time In The World – Ryan Hamilton
- Diamonds Are Forever – The Corner Laughers
- Live And Let Die – Popdudes
- The Man With The Golden Gun – Lisa Mychols
- Nobody Does It Better – Mike Viola & Red Bank Catholic
- Moonraker – Gary Frenay
- For Your Eyes Only – Freedy Johnston
- All Time High – Zach Jones
- Never Say Never Again – Minky Starshine
- A View To A Kill – Jay Gonzalez
- The Living Daylights – Cirrone
- License To Kill – Durga McBroom & Fernando Perdomo
- GoldenEye – Identical Suns
- Tomorrow Never Dies – Brandon Schott w/ Jake Gideon
- The World Is Not Enough – Look Park
- Die Another Day – Big-Box Store
- You Know My Name – Phil Ajjarapu
- Another Way To Die – Ballzy Tomorrow
- Skyfall – Gretchen’s Wheel
- Writing’s On The Wall – Cliff Hillis
As a child of the '70s and '80s, I still think of Roger Moore when I think of James Bond. And the music of the Moore years is just as indelible to me. But whoever your favorite Bond is, there are terrific songs from each and every era of the franchise, from the iconic instrumental "James Bond Theme" from 1962's Dr. No (and still heard in Bond films to this day), to Sam Smith's Oscar-winning "Writing's On The Wall" from 2015's Spectre. They're all here, in fantastic new renditions.
Want a sample? Here's Lannie Flowers' new version of the "James Bond Theme."
And here's Lisa Mychols' updated take on Lulu's "The Man With The Golden Gun."
There are so many great reward packages available, including signed lyric sheets, t-shirts, and CDs or vinyl albums from several of the participating musicians. You can get copies of every previous Curry Cuts release. You can co-host an episode of my favorite radio show, The Time Machine. You can host a special live performance in your own home. You can get an entire EP's worth of "rejected Bond themes," fantastic songs that were submitted to producers, but ultimately not selected for the films for one reason or another.
Pledge at a certain amount, and I'll personally thank you in the liner notes. Pledge a bit more, and you can receive an actual Producer credit on the record. Take a look at your options, pick the one that's best for you, and give what you can. All of it will help to get Songs. Bond Songs: The Music of 007 out into the universe.
Thanks so much!
Risks and challenges
The tracks are all in. The mastering is done. Now it's just a matter of sending everything off to be manufactured. In other words, there's not much preventing this project from crossing the finish line. And with your help, it's going to happen very soon.
Having successfully used Kickstarter twice before on projects like this one, I know that mailing dates can be tough to pin down. But should any deadlines need to be adjusted, I'll let all backers know in a timely manner.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (31 days)