Greetings, fellow foxes. I know we have been far too silent and unencouraging, and you have waited far too long for both the nine tailed edition itself and for news of its progress.
A short summary of the delays we have had so far:
- We initially underestimated the art resources needed for the upgraded version, and failed to hire enough freelancers to speed the development.
- Following this, Bad Decisions sold well, but not as well as we hoped, slowing our cash flow.
- Finally, we were hit with family illnesses. Susan had a 6 month round of chemotherapy, and her husband (Ian and Charlie's father) had a run in with heart disease. Between the debilitation from these illnesses damaging the family income, and the cost of treatment in America, we suffered what seemed like it could be an indefinite delay or complete failure of the project.
We have been seeking additional funding since the health issues hit at the beginning of this year, and a source of funds has come through. Because of this, we have been able to re-start art production. We are taking the following steps:
- I have begun soliciting manufacturer quotes for the nine tailed edition specs.
- Charlie has begun soliciting freelancers to finish the art production tasks remaining for the project.
- Susan has begun working on the new rulebook layout.
We currently estimate 2 months until we transmit drafts to the manufacturer we choose, then 1 month until the proofing process is done, then 1 month for production, then 2 months for shipping to our warehouse, then 2 weeks for shipping to the end user. Mid-March 2017 is our current expected delivery date for the 9-tailed edition.
We thank you all so much for your patience, and apologize both for the extended wait and for the lack of communication so far. I will gladly answer any questions you have at this time.