by S&T Geotronics
I like Felipe's ideas
My grandson asked me to build a spacecraft a while back, so here's my list:
- Realistic AGC emulation for simulation (to run entire earth orbit and lunar missions)
- Header pins to be able to use the display and inputs with another computer (KSP, Orbit or others) - just the hardware capability would be nice
- bi-color 7-segment LED displays
Integration into the Kerbalverse..
I second the RPN calculator suggestion
Full integration with the AE-35 unit and the ability to open pod bay doors without help from the HAL9000 computer. :-)
Congratulations on reaching the first goal! As stretch goals please consider:
- as Tom mentioned, a realistic emulation of the AGC (an audio clip can explain the purpose if the implementation is otherwise not practical)
- alternatively the possibility to use the inputs and display to control a virtual AGC (as suggested here: https://www.ibiblio.org/apollo/developer.html#Interfacing_yaAGC_to_yaDSKY_or_Other)
An RPN calculator mode would be a nice sideline.
What would interest me the most would be emulating the "real" Apollo computer, like the folks did here: http://svtsim.com/moonjs/agc.html