Help fund our biggest, baddest, most ambitious feature film yet! Be a part of a new generation of horror films!
Help fund our biggest, baddest, most ambitious feature film yet! Be a part of a new generation of horror films! Read more
First off, WE CAN'T DO THIS WITHOUT YOU... a lot of you. So, thank you for taking a few minutes out of your day to visit our campaign. There is a video to watch, information to read, and a list of rewards you can get for your contribution. The most important thing is to take action! A lot of small donations add up, so if you love horror and want to help make an amazing film… PLEASE contribute something!!
Some important facts:
- You can give as little as $1, or as much as you like.
- Only about 1/3 of projects get funded. So it's vitally important to contribute something.
- Kickstarter is ALL-OR-NOTHING. That means if we don't reach the goal, we do not get one penny and you won't be charged.
So it is so important that you help in any way you can. You came this far, please take the time to read, watch, and donate! Help us beat the odds AND be a part of something awesome!!
Before you go, please take a few minutes and participate in this short survey about this campaign: https://www.survio.com/survey/d/A8V9I0T9R0Z5G3R2P
Darkness Reigns is a feature film about a filmmaker, Daniel Whitaker, who always thought he would hit it big in Hollywood, but was never able to fulfill his dream. Instead, he's been relegated to shooting behind the scenes documentaries for other filmmakers. But that all changes when he captures footage of unfathomable evil while shooting on the set of a horror film -- inside a reportedly haunted location -- where suddenly the entire crew, including the film's star, Casper Van Dien, is brutally attacked in front of the unblinking lens of Daniel's camera. Will Daniel make it out alive and be lauded for being the first and only person to ever capture real, hellish paranormal occurrences? Or will he perish inside with all the others, leaving behind only the gruesome footage he has captured? Ultimately, Daniel is forced to decide what price he is willing to pay to achieve the fame and fortune he'd always hoped for.
The purpose of this campaign is to raise additional funds to ensure we make the best film possible. Our team has decades of film and TV experience, so we know what it takes to make movies and we understand that the more funds we raise, the more we can put "on the screen" for the audience to enjoy.
The team is made up of industry professionals who work in Film and TV for a living, and bring years of experience and relationships to every production. That's how we can keep quality high, and costs low.
Darkness Reigns' unique style makes it innovative and exciting, while at the same time making it tremendously challenging to produce in that every stunt, every moment, every special effect happens in front of the viewer's eyes... without the benefit of conventional editing. This approach offers a new and fresh take on horror as a completely immersive experience.
Mulit-award winning writer/producer/director Andrew P. Jones brings 30+ years of experience to this project. As a director, he uses all the skills and knowledge he's amassed over the years to run an efficient, safe, creative, and productive set. And, he knows how to get the most bang for the buck!
We Want To Hear From You:
Whether you felt compelled to donate, or not, we'd love to know why. How can we better earn your support? Before you leave, please take a moment and send us a message. We are happy to answer any questions you have.
- Andrew P. Jones (Writer/director/producer) has been working professionally in Film and TV for over three decades. Having started in the special effects field, he was able to watch and learn from top directors like Steven Spielberg, Richard Donner, and Harold Ramis. He spent years working on hit shows such as Married With Children, In Living Color, Everybody Loves Raymond, Mad TV, and films such as Batman, Hook, Groundhog Day, and others. In 1997 he co-created a syndicated children’s show called Field Trip for which he co-wrote and produced 26 episodes, starred as one of the lead puppet characters, and directed many episodes as well. For the past twenty years he has worked as a producer, director, and/or editor for such hit shows as Naked & Afraid, Nanny 911, Hell’s Kitchen, and various other programs for nearly every network from Discovery to ESPN to Playboy. His debut feature film in 2010, Kings of the Evening, won numerous awards on the festival circuit including best drama, best director, best period drama, and more. His second feature, Haunting of Cellblock 11, won best horror film at the 2014 Boston Terror ‘Thon. Writer, director, composer, puppeteer, and special effects expert… Andrew has packed a lot into a thirty-year career and looks forward to the next thirty years.
- Andy W. Meyer (producer), of Aunt Max Motion Pictures started his career in the early 90's with Anheuser-Busch Entertainment as show host for their elephant show. After a few years, AB ask him if he would consider taking a position at Sea World in San Diego California and it was there where he started his Film & Television career. Today after 24 years being in and around the world of entertainment, Andy's producer credits include 9 television shows and producing for well over 600 musical artists including Willie Nelson, Tool, and Jay-Z. Film credits include producing films such as Treehouse, Haunting of Cellblock 11 and The Jr. Detective Agency, to name a few. He also worked on the recent hit horror film, You're Next for Lions Gate.
- Shannon Michelle (producer) has worked in the film industry for over 13 years and is currently a producer with Aunt Max Motion Pictures. Shannon's producing credits include Swing and a Miss, Good Girl, Dating Fails, and Tatterdemalion. She's also an accomplished director, and a multi award-nominated actress. Some of her other film credits include Treehouse, Lenexa 1 Mile, and All Roads Lead To Home which are all available on DVD.
- Linara Washington (producer/lead actress) has guest starred in numerous TV series including Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, Code Black, Private Practice, Masters of Sex, ER, Castle, CSI, and many, many more. She was the only female cast member Killing Them Softly with Brad Pitt and James Gandolfini, and appeared in other features such as Barbershop 2, Kings of the Evening, and Stranger Than Fiction. Darkness Reigns is her second feature as a producer and we are fortunate that she will be playing one of the leads.
Where Does the Money Go?:
The short answer is that every penny goes on the screen. This team has worked on everything from the biggest budget Hollywood films and television shows to the smallest, and no matter the size of the movie, there never seems to be enough time or money. We set the campaign amount to raise additional funds so we can make the best film possible, yet not so high that it isn't obtainable. The filmmakers are already contributing time, funds, and resources -- so your contribution is only going to hard costs: travel, meals, actor fees, location rental, etc.
Please "Like" us here: https://www.facebook.com/darknessreignsmovie/
Risks and challenges
We don't make a movie and hope for the best, we design movies based on conversations with distributors. So, we already know what the buyers are looking for, what name actors help sell a movie, and even what titles work. The producing team has been involved with many films and TV shows, and has forged lasting relationships with various distributors. Since the biggest obstacle after production is getting the film into distribution, the risk has already been greatly reduced by having these relationships.
The other challenge is time and money, but that's true on every film regardless of budget. Thankfully, with the experienced team assembled for Darkness Reigns, we don't start production without knowing we can finish it. But exceeding our goal only helps the film, so, help us exceed or goal!!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)