About this project
Each player is the Chief Executive Officer of their own mining corporate, entrusted with singular goal of maximizing annual profit. The rules are simple; strategically task your personnel with their varying strengths and limitations to adapt to changing market situations, out thinking the competition, buffer treats of sabotage and crisis, all while preserving the bottom line.
What's in the Box?
That's not all the components you can get...
We offer a FREE Bonus for backers!
Share this Kickstarter link on any social platform and tag 3 of your board-game-loving friends in it, we will upgrade your 2-4p copy with extra components that support up to 6p!
(Please remember to add a hashtag (@X-Axis Production) so that we will have a record of your sharing.)
Phase 1: At the beginning of each round, the market prices rotate. If these prices are not affected by any character/event later this round, players may sell their commodities at these corresponding prices.
Phase 2: Players take turn to select a character that they want to use this round. The unchosen character cards will be left face down in the middle of the table so that nobody can figure out what characters are chosen by other players.
Phase 3: Reveal an incident card and the effect will take place immediately.
Phase 4: Depending on the player’s selection character ranking, players take their turn sequentially and do the following:
- Use the chosen character’s ability
- Roll the die to reveal different mining sites from the map
- Pick 2 actions from the 3 possible ones: hire workers, dig from the mining site(s), and sell the mineral commodities to the market base on the market prices this round.
The game runs for 12 months (rounds). The player with most money wins the game. For detail rules, please visit http://y-axisltd.com/mining-rule-book.pdf (rules are subjected to change in final production)
Why Back it?
Unlock different component upgrade at each pledge level, EXCLUSIVELY for this Kickstarter edition!
What People Say...
“You can play with 2 to 6 people and it’s actually really well-balanced for all of them. For me, personally, I really like it.” --- Danny Cooper, Gaming, Fandom, and Science. https://youtu.be/V60vobnZZ_U
“I actually really enjoy Mining Maniac. I think this is a game that I will keep on my shelf, for when I want to introduce people to newer game after they got into the gateway. I feel like this is the gateway game plus.” --- Forrest Bower, Bower’s Game Corner www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WngOgQKyBI
“I was very pleasantly surprised with how nice the production was. I love the artwork, the simplicity of it. I thought it was well thought-out, smooth game…It feels like it should be on the shelf already, something that I have heard of. I enjoyed it a lot.” --- Jimmy Hudson, Board Game Closet www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XMZlJr71tA
“It’s a very simple game and it’s relatively fast game, but it’s really a lot of fun. I enjoyed it a great deal.” --- Markus Weihrauch, jPlay www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9RbHKdlSgs
“I think this is a really fun, quick, light game….The game is very easy to pick up and learn. I think it is a pretty interesting game, pretty neat setup that they have here, cool little mechanics in there…” --- Michael Forder, NVS Gameplays https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FHp1B61ce4
“This is a well thought-out game with beautiful artwork and most importantly it is fun to play, quick to learn, but with enough strategy and reply to keep it interesting. Perfect for a family strategy game and great for a games night where you want to play a few shorter games.” --- Phil Long, D12 Games Guru http://d12games.guru/reviews/game-review-mining-maniac/
- "Mining Maniac is a deeper game than it appears at first, and turned out to be a lot of fun. The first time I played it was with a group of college students, most of whom were new to games like this, and they all enjoyed it a lot. My second play-through was with my family–all experienced gamers by now–so it works with both groups. It also nicely appeals to all age groups." --- Rob Huddleston, Geek Dad http://geekdad.com/2015/04/kickstarter-mining-maniac/
- “You could have a group of people get together and it’s easy to learn, it’s fun, it’s complicated enough to be fun. But you can also bring in new people to the game. This is good entry level game for a group. As I said it’s fantastic, I could see this doing really well as long as its name gets out there.” --- Rod Kuizin, Board Game Closet www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XMZlJr71tA
“If you sit down with friends and family, I think this is an entry level game. And I think it’s REALLY good one for that, very basic trading mechanics, very elegant, very simple and crisp, very fine and pure.” --- Samuel Wolf, Invalid Game! www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqXoZBKs6PA
Good news to Hong Kong backers: shipping will be free! For international backers, please decide your preferred shipping method (either by air or by sea) and add the corresponding shipping cost on top of your pledge amount.
Risks and challenges
International shipping by sea takes 6-8 weeks. However, local custom MAY hold the printed goods for another 1-2 week. A tracking number will be emailed to each backer in mid June (once the parcels are dispatched). Backers may check the delivery status on their own any time via the Hong Kong Post website.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)