Share this project

Done

Share this project

Done
BEERMKR is the world's first automatic beer brewing machine that anyone can use. It makes over a gallon of craft beer in a week's time.
BEERMKR is the world's first automatic beer brewing machine that anyone can use. It makes over a gallon of craft beer in a week's time.
1,031 backers pledged $398,276 to help bring this project to life.

Finalization

Posted by Aaron Walls (Creator)
34 likes

The team has been hard at work finalizing BEERMKR. There isn't too much to cover that we haven't talked about already in previous updates, but since its been around a month since last update, I wanted to keep everyone up to date on where things are.

Design for Manufacturing (DFM)

99% Complete. If anyone is familiar with the 80/20 phenomenon, the DFM process would embody it completely. With most tasks, complicated or other, it usually takes 20% of the time to complete 80% of the work. The remaining 20% of the work takes 80% of the total time. DFM involves changing small angles, increasing the sizes of bosses, enlarging one area by 1/1000 of an inch, and so on. While we've had a design for a while now, progressing it to be manufacturable takes an extraordinary amount of effort. I'm putting 99% here because there still could be fitment issues after we get our first articles samples back from the mold producers, but as it stands today, we're good to go.

Schedule

No major changes from last update. We're still looking at the end of spring for shipping.

Production Samples

This is one departure from our last update. We were originally scheduled to cut molds and generate actual production samples to test over the Chinese New Year holiday. Instead we're getting DFM samples made before creating the molds. With over 20 molds required to create BEERMKR, we're playing it safe and verifying fitment with computer machined and precision 3D printed parts before going all in on molds. With the Chinese New Year holiday sitting where it is, going this route won't really impact timing, especially considering that we may catch a required mold change before the molds are created. This gives us a few weeks to brew beer in a pre-production machine and make sure everything is working while China is on vacation.

China

Matt has been in China for two weeks now. For those new to BrewJacket, Matt is one of our co-founders and spends most of his time engineering. He is visiting 25 component suppliers over the course of a month spanning northern and southern China.

Matt is still in the northern China leg of his trip and will be heading to southern China early next week. Many of the components used by BEERMKR is sourced in the north, but the final assembly, plastic production, and circuit board assembly is done in the south. 

Pre-Production Samples

We'll have pre-production samples in our office in 2-3 weeks! We'll post the next update when they're in.

Thanks for reading!

Aaron & The BEERMKR Team

Christopher Celuch, Chris Hill, and 32 more people like this update.

Comments

Only backers can post comments. Log In
    1. Missing avatar

      Barry Wilson on

      How are the in house tests coming along? I want to see something LOL. I want to order a dozen kits with my kit so I don't run out... any news on what kits you might have available? any info would be a blessing

    2. Dean on

      As always it's looking and sounding positive. Well done, you should be very happy with your progress!