About this project
Update #9 Just Posted Above:
Update #8 New Reward added to a $50 Dollar Pledge
Click the UPDATES tab above the video to view the lasted news about the project!
My Kickstarter Goal:
Hello Everyone! My name is Matthew. Let me first thank you for stopping by today to consider helping me with this project. I launched this Kickstarter campaign to help fund a documentary project that I am very passionate about.
My goal is to create an inspirational documentary that will motivate YOU and others like you to live their dreams. Please view my video above and read my story below. In turn for your generous donation (Kickstarter is all about funding cool projects like this) you will receive one of the awesome rewards which you can see on the right side of this page!
Check them out! Get them while they are HOT!
Everyone has dreams.
One of mine is to take a road trip, which I will be doing in a few weeks. I want to use this trip, my dream, as an investigation of some sorts and a tool for inspiration. I want to meet people I have never met- young, old, rich, poor, all type of demographics and hear their stories. I want to document these people, hearing them in their own words talking about their dreams.
Dreams lived, Dreams lost and Dreams to come.
Their success, their failures, and what they are doing TODAY to make their dreams come true.
My team and I are flying into Seattle, WA on April 1 from New York City (with or without our goal being reached). We will drive down the West coast stopping in Portland, San Francisco, LA, among other random stops and end in Arizona.
Why the west coast? I think that dropping into a foreign environment forces you to challenge yourself and step outside your comfort zone. I think one main reason for people not reaching their dreams is their fear of stepping outside their comfort zone. So an unfamiliar part of the country, unknown culture, unknown people. A perfect recipe for personal growth and life experience.
- 1. Document our week long trip. Our conversations, our interactions with each other, making friends with people we have never seen before, talking, listening and learning about who they are, what are their passions and what dreams they dream. Are they living them and what inspires them?
- 2. Follow our gut. We have a main objective and a general direction but we will follow our gut with where to stop, left turn, right turn, who to talk to, where to sleep where to eat. Following your gut is a recipe in achieving your dreams.
- 3. Maybe the most important - Do Good - and inspire along the way. ie. Help the old lady across the road. Pay it forward. Help change a flat tire. etc Why? Because living good, giving, and loving life will help you reach your dreams. Good things happen to those who care.
- 4. Once the trip is complete take the raw footage and create an inspirational documentary for you to see.
What you can do and what is in it for you?
Help Fund This Documentary and Help Promote!
Rewards Rewards Rewards
If you take a look at the right hand side of the screen you will see a selection of awesome rewards. For each of your donations, depending on the amount donated you will be given a reward. The rewards range from a postcard from our trip to being featured in the documentary itself.
We want to make this as Interactive as possible
We will be also be posting a daily blog for you all to follow our trip as well as pictures and maybe even some footage from our interviews and interactions.
email us. text us. call us!
What your donations will be used for:
- Equipment rental: we want to use decent HD technology. Quality people!
- Production expenses
I will be accompanied by:
My Cousin Jimmy. Jimmy is an aspiring Video Artist who will be filming our trip, editing and creating our documentary. You can see some of his work here: http://vimeo.com/user1670551
My Brother Andrew. Good kid, Great heart. All he needs is a little direction in his life. I hope this experience will help him with that. :-)
Thank you all for watching my video and reading my story. Please feel free to donate to our project on the right of your screen and pass our cause on to your friends as well. We cannot do this with your help!
Thank you so much for supporting us!
A Little About My Inspiration to Make This project:
You have been running track all your life. High school, college, professionally and now, on the greatest stage this world has seen, you have done it. You have just won the Gold Medal at the 2012 Olympics, all those years of training, blood, sweat and tears have paid off...you just accomplished YOUR life's dream...
But Wait! The Camera's and the Crowd... Both were distracted by the group of streakers running across the field. (Hard to believe but yes, this JUST happened) The greatest moment in your life, experienced by only you. Your heart is broken....but why, you ask....? You have been on a mission all your life to inspire others, and now at the most pivotal point of your mission...every set of eyes, every camera distracted! You feel defeated, there is no going back...a moment lost to all but yourself.
A little Dramatic? A little over the top? Yes!!!
But put yourself in the runner's shoes...how would you feel???
Read on my friends...
Ever since I was a child I wanted to take a road trip. After turning the ripe age of 28 last month I decided that it was time to take one. A road trip might not seem like a big deal, tens of thousands of people take them each year. But for me, I want this road trip to be different.
As humans we all dream. We dream of owning a boat, going on a vacation, marrying our soul mate or better yet, finding our passion and living off of what we love.But with all this dreaming it is hard to find someone who is living their dream. You read books about them, articles in Magazines, and in interviews on TV. I can name a handful of people who I know who are close to or actually living their dream.
With all these dreams you would think there would be more people living them.
Now, as an adult there is a fire burning inside of me, the fire of inspiration.
One of my greatest dreams is to inspire others to live their own dreams. Inspire them to make changes in their life, take chances, face their fears and do what they know is right deep inside of them.As a child my dream was to take a road trip, as an adult my dream is to use this road trip as a tool to inspire others to make their dreams come true.
Help me live this dream. Help me inspire others, people like yourself, to live their dreams.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Pledge $10 or more
"The Tip Jar"
1. You will receive a hand written post card from one of our stops along the way.
2. A thank you on our website, Twitter, or Facebook.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or more
1. You will receive a digital download of the film.
2. Have your personal dream along with your name added to the credits (text).
3. You will receive a hand written post card from one of our stops along the way.
4. A thank you on our website, Twitter, or FacebookEstimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or more
1. You will receive a DVD of the film. 2. Have your personal dream along with your name added to the credits. 3. A hand written post card from one of our stops along the way. 4. A thank you on our website, Twitter, or Facebook. ADDED BONUS: BLOOPER REELEstimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or more
1. A Personal Skype call from Matthew 2. You will receive a DVD of the film 3. Have your personal dream along with your name featured during the film (text). 4. A hand written post card from our journey and a thank you on our website, Twitter, or Facebook. ADDED BONUS: BLOOPER REELEstimated delivery:
Pledge $250 or more
1. We will share your "Dream" story on our blog for thousands to see! 2. A still photo of our documentary cover. 3. A personal Skype call from Matthew 4. You will receive a DVD of the Film. 5. Have your personal dream along with your name featured during the film. 6. A hand written post card from our journey and a thank you on our website, Twitter, or Facebook.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $500 or more
0 backers Limited (10 left of 10)
1. Credit in Film as "Associate Producer" 2. A still photo of our documentary cover. 3. We will share your "Dream" story on our blog for thousands to see! 4. A personal Skype call from Matthew 5. You will receive a DVD of the Film. 6. Have your personal dream along with your name featured during the film. 7. A hand written post card from our journey and a thank you on our website, Twitter, or Facebook.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,000 or more
0 backers Limited (3 left of 3)
1. We will feature your "Dream" story in the Film. 2. Credit in Film as "Executive Producer" 3. A still photo of our documentary cover. 4. We will share your "Dream" story on our blog for thousands to see! 5. A personal Skype call from Matthew 6. You will receive a DVD of the Film. 7. A hand written post card from our journey and a thank you on our website, Twitter, or Facebook.Estimated delivery:
- (25 days)