I launched the TiScribe line of pens over a year ago and the response has been phenomenal (THANK YOU). One backer kept his pen in a desk carrier. The desk carrier held ten other pens and ONE highlighter.
EVERYONE in the office had one highlighter AND THEY WERE ALL PLASTIC!!!!
I GOT TO FIX THIS!
Ed Jelley.com, "The TiScribe Highlighter is nicely made, works well and is made right here in the USA"
Inkdependence.com, "And now for something totally different!"
Mypenneedsink.com, "I wish more machine(ists) took the time and focus that Kelvin and team have on the TiScribe-HL"
ClickyPost.com, " Edges are clean, chamfers are sharp, and the threads work well"
The TiScribe-Highlighter(HL) concept was born in that office. This was my design criteria:
- Backers LOVED the Titanium, Copper, Brass Options (Don't Change It!)
- Magnet or Clip Option (Most Don't Carry Highlighters. but We Sure "Stick 'Em")
- At Least Two Tip Color Choices (Yellow and Green = Same Price!)
- Resists Drying Out (Incorporated Multiple Pressure Tested Seals)
- Refillable (Last Highlighter You'll Ever Need, Just Buy Refills)
- Cap Has to Post (CHECK!)
Everyone likes options and the TiScribe-HL will not disappoint. Here's what you can choose:
- Green or Yellow Refill (Pick via Survey at Project End)
- Titanium Pocket Clip (CNC Machined from Grade 5 Titanium)
- Magnet Cap (FREE YOURSELF! STICK IT ANYWHERE!!)
I hated that most pocket clips are bent steel, so each clip is 100% CNC Machined from Grade 5 Titanium. You can really tell the difference in the flexibly and finish. --1100+ Clips produced to date, haven't broke one yet!
Most highlighters are used in cubicles or offices. These places are packed with metal surfaces --Never loose your highlighter again, just "STICK IT" and forget it.
The magnets are made from unusually strong neodymium. --The same type of neodymium found in electric motors, small aircraft, and cryocoolers.
The TiScribe-HL ships with one Montblanc™ Highlighter Refill (Yellow or Green). --This is one of the smoothest highlighters on the market.
Missed out on the TiScribe-Pen? No problem, just add the amount(s) below to your pledge and make selections in the survey at project end.
This is the updated TiScribe-Pen (a.k.a Version 1.5). The Version 1.5 incorporates several new features, namely:
- THE CAP POSTS
- No left-hand threads
- Larger, stronger threads at the cap
- New cap incorporates thread guides (makes it so much easier)
- Fountain pen converter is securely held in by the grip section
- Improved fit and finish
- TITANIUM = $104
- COPPER = $79
- BRASS = $69
- Fisher Space Pen™, Pilot G2™, Fountain Pen = All Same Price!
- Make Ink Selection at Project End
- Add Amount(s) to Pledge and Make Selections at Project End
All of my kickstarter's are machined in-house at Urban Survival Gear HQ. The main difference with this project is that the mill and lathe have been upgraded, namely Robodrill Mill and GT-2750 Lathe.
These machines have increased speed and quality by +300%
- Weekly production updates will be posted on YouTube and almost daily updates will be posted on Instagram.
- All embedded videos were taken from our social media pages. Click links below for HOURS of additional footage (bring popcorn).
Like the Video?
Contact my good friends @ 5th Chamber Productions
- Email: juanc5th "at" gmail.com
- Instagram: Visual_by_the_5th
Risks and challenges
I don't see any potential risks or challenges other than a late stock delivery or mechanical breakdown. Both are unlikely, see below.
We've produced over 700 TiScribe-Pens so far. The TiScribe-HL is a derivative of the TiScribe-Pen, so the machine code is virtually identical. Suppliers have been notified about this project and are awaiting our orders. We're confident that your pledge will get to you on-time or EARLY.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (20 days)