Project Update: Because of the addition of the "Inner Child Package," Package #3 referred to in all rewards beyond $40, is now Package #4.
1) $5600 - Release vinyl. Before this time next year every person receiving a copy of the album will also get a free 7" single including a song off of the record and a brand new recording on the b side.
We are making a new record and we need your help! We have eleven songs that we've been working on for over two years and we are ready to release them out into the world. We have been able to track a large part of the record and record a music video for the first single, but we have put all of our resources into this project and we need the help of you, our fans, to get us the rest of the way! In return we will give you the best record we have written yet, plus some really cool reward packages that are exclusive to those of you who back our Kickstarter!
Please check out our list of rewards to the right of the page with all of the artwork coming from our good friend and super talented artist, Cam Garside. Thank you so much, in advance, for your help. Your support means everything to us. Many people have put in a lot of hard work and time into this project and we are so excited to see it come to fruition!
Here's a little more about the record and what we still need help with.
A Little Bit About "The Zoo At Night" As most of you know, Dom and I can really let our minds go wild from time to time and this project is no different. We have decided to call the album "The Zoo At Night" and we think it is going to be our best yet! The name is a reference to all of those secret versions of yourself that you keep hidden inside....for whatever reason....that the outside world never gets to see.
"Going to The Zoo At Night" is when we look inside and face all of these parts of us that we suppress, releasing them without any reserve. Just as if you, too, went to the zoo at night and all of the animals were released from their cages. There is an inner tiger, baboon, elephant, zebra, lizard, monkey, lion, hyena, spider, sun bear, and fire ant in all of us waiting to get out of their cage, and only when these parts of us are unlocked can we truly be ourselves.
Deep shit, right? It's going to be awesome!
What We Still Need To Do:
1) Mixing - This process takes the raw tracks we recorded and blends them together as one harmonious entity: a song!
2) Mastering - This is the sleek finish on a record that makes it sound just right coming out of your speakers.
3) Distribution - This is how we make our record available to the whole world in all the places with which you are familiar finding your favorite tunes. This includes copyright costs to keep our music safe, and a grassroots, regional radio campaign.
4) Publicity - We are so excited for this record that we want to get our music in the hands of every critic from bloggers to Rolling Stone Magazine. This is a great way to reach new fans that we can't visit on our tours but love our style of music.
Risks and challenges
Even though the digital age has made the music industry much more inclusive than it is has ever been, producing and distributing an album still requires many resources. We have tried to put together a Kickstarter package that acknowledges these difficulties and will help create some real results. The largest challenge we face ahead is that we know there are people out there who would love our music, but we, along with everyone else, are trying to figure out the best way to get in touch with these new fans.
We feel with our experience in the industry, a record we believe in, and our amazing community of friends and fans, that the tools are in place. We just need to engage the machine.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)