I am so happy and humbled that you, the fan, liked my cover story on League of Legends eSports! It's been so much fun because I really love the world of League.
So I'd like to do more. The League of Legends Experience is based on the Playboy magazine cover story I wrote this month. I spent 10 months researching and writing the story, and I have a lot more to share with you.
This project starts out as journalism which doubles or triples the size of the original story.
But if you help the project grow and thrive, I'll write a book full of non-fiction about LoL, LoL eSports and some of the greatest LoL fans. Plus, I'll add original fiction about League eSports. And there's more. With some really well-known and respected folks, I'll add audio, music and a digital comic book -- if we hit the goals below.
The digital comic art will be rendered by legendary Hollywood storyboard artist Dave Lowery (who did the Iron Man movie, the Spider-Man movies and War of the Worlds). There's even more about Dave below!
Some of the music will be scored by awesome Emmy Award winner Anton Sanko (who just scored the film Ouija and, earlier, The Possession). There's even more about Anton below!
So if you can welcome me again into the League of Legends world, and we meet these stretch goals, this thing's going to be awesome!
Here's how it works. I will:
the size of the story with all-new content, at $5,000.
2) Triple the size of the story with all-new content, at $10,000.
3) Add a digital comic about Cloud9 with Dave Lowery at $20,000. This collaborate with Dave Lowery (legendary film storyboard artist who did the Iron Man movie, the Spider-Man movies, War of the Worlds, and so many amazing others) will be on a digital comic at least 10 pages long (one of the panels would also serve as the book cover).
4) Add a long chapter about you, the League fan, at $24,000.
5) Add a long, intricate chapter about League Cosplayers, at $28,000.
6) Add a long chapter about Travis, Moobeat and the mini industry that grew up around LoL, at $32,000.
7) Add a long chapter about LoL Champions and Their Lore, at $36,000.
8) Add another long chapter about LoL Champions and Their Lore, at $38,000.
a chapter about Riot and my tour inside their studios at $40,000.
10 short YouTube videos about LoL, eSports, next season and my impressions, at $48,000.
11) Add another five short videos of me getting even deeper into Champion Lore. I love lore, at $50,000.
12) Add two long stories of Short Fiction about League of Legends eSports, the teams and the highs and lows, at $60,000.
13) Add a long closing chapter on the Future of LoL, LoL eSports and Riot Games, at $64,000.
14) Have Emmy Award-winning musician Anton Sanko (who expertly scored Ouija, The Possession, Rabbit Hole, and so many more) write two songs which score the fiction. I'll interview him on social media or YouTube about his inspirations, too, at $71,000. (Please check out the awesome link in this paragraph.)
15) Add my question and answer text interviews with Cloud9, Bjergsen, Doublelift and more, at $74,000.
16) And edit the audio files of my question and answer interviews with Cloud9, Jack, Bjergsen, Doublelift, and more, at $80.000. I'll hire an editing pro to do this.
17) Add 10 long-ass rhyming audio poems about League of Legends eSports, everything from a wrap up of this 2014 season at Worlds to poems about the pros, the fans and the cosplayers themselves. These will vary in tone and style. Bonus: includes original music of varying genres in the background, everything from electronica to Irish folk. It'll be scored by really great musicians, at $94,000.
18) Add question and answer interviews with Dustin and other Rioters, at $98,000.
19) Add two long chapters of coverage of LoL eSports in 2015, at $104,000.
20) Add a chapter about your fan-created concept characters (& a character I personally would like to see), at $108,000.
I'll add some other chapters as well as I get into this. It really will be a full League of Legends Experience. I'll create it with passion, care, curiosity, candor and good writing, I promise!
Risks and challenges
There is the risk is that I might be a little late with finishing the Experience because I am obsessive about polishing things up before sending them out into the world. Having said that, I rarely miss my deadlines.
It's also possible that Dave Lowery or Anton Sanko will be working on new movies that could delay their work for this project. But we have so much time before deadline, chances are this kind of delay won't happen.
I'm also dependent upon a copy editor, video editor, videographer and layout artist. While I'm good at getting very good people who care about deadlines, something unforeseen could come up that could change the release date. I will definitely keep you informed all along the way.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)