Boast or Nothing (B.o.N) (Canceled)
Boast or Nothing (B.o.N) (Canceled)
Art meets Play in this Tricky Trick-taking Game!
Art meets Play in this Tricky Trick-taking Game! Read more
Boast or Nothing is a trick-taking game (like Hearts or Pinochle or Spades) for 3 to 5 players. Each player is a contestant in the final round of the World Championship of Boasting. Everyone boasted and bragged their tails off to get here, but now it’s the big time.
Boast or Nothing has simple rules and quick game play. To defeat all opponents, one must cleverly use the 7 cards in their hand to win (or avoiding winning!) tricks. The game is played over several rounds, with a winner being crowned when they reach a set number of points, which is determined by the number of players.
To read the official rule book, click HERE.
To watch the video version, scroll down.
And here is the quick and dirty version for all you folks on the go -
1. Compose the deck for your number of players as instructed in the rule book. Deal 7 cards to each player. Randomly arrange the Color Rank Tokens into a stack.
2. The start player plays any card they like. The color of the card determines the Prime Color.
3. Each other player, in turn, plays a card, matching the Prime Color if able. If they do not have a card of the Prime Color, they may play any card they like.
4. After each player has played a card, the winner of the trick will be determined.
5. The winner of the trick is the player who played the highest valued card in the strongest color in the trick. If everyone played a card matching the Prime Color, then the highest numerical value wins. But if off-color cards were played, the Color Rank Tokens are consulted and the highest card in the highest ranking color will win the trick.
6. After the winner of the trick is determined, that player moves the Color Rank Token of the winning color to the bottom of the stack, takes the trick, and then leads to the next trick.
7. The round ends when all 7 cards have been played from all hands. Points are then awarded to players based on the number of players in the game and the number of tricks each of those players took. If there is no winner after the round, shuffle 'em up and keep playing!
Please watch this video for the full rules rundown.
The rest of the World: $9
All games sent to locations above will be shipped from our warehouse in the USA.
Korea : $5 / $0(Will-Call to A.ger Games office)
All games sent to Korea will ship from within Korea.
For backers in the USA and Korea: If you want to add extra copies of B.o.N to your pledge, please add $1 per unit added. So if you wanted a total of 5 copies, you would pledge $100 + $7 (shipping) + $4 (additional shipping).
For backers in other parts of the world: Please add $2 per extra copy.
Howdy, retailers. Thanks for stopping by. If you're interested in seeing B.o.N on your shelves, please drop us a line here on KS with your e-mail address and your best tall tale. We'll get back to you with retailer terms and a letter grade for your story.
Follow A.Ger Games on Facebook!
Join us on BoardGameGeek!
Click here for a more in-depth examination of the philosophy behind A.Ger Games and our love of the marriage of Art and Games.
Follow Yeonmin on Facebook HERE!
Risks and challenges
This may be our first game under the A.ger brand, but this isn't our first rodeo. The team behind Boast or Nothing has about 57,849,058,483 collective years in the game industry. (give or take)
We're confident we can get Boast or Nothing out to you on or before our delivery date. The rules, art, and brags are all completed. We just need your help to pull everything together and get our little baby out into the world!
We'll keep you informed every step of the way during this project. So if something does go wonky, you'll hear about it right away.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (23 days)