This is a CALL TO ARMS!!
Become a Peppershaker by supporting Peppercorn Children's Theatre's 2nd Season!
This year, we are combining the entertainment from last year with the Standards of Learning here in the state of North Carolina! Please support our $2,800 goal as we proudly present our 2012 Summer Season!
LOST AND FOUND
Get lost in a world beyond the boundaries of your imagination. When siblings Patrick and Penelope Pennington lose their favorite stuffed animal in an argument, they are beckoned into the mysterious world where all lost things go. Together, they must overcome their rivalries to find their friend, at the risk of being lost for good.
THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST
Who could resist the zany antics and non-stop laughter of this classical farce? Written and directed by UNCSA alum Harry Poster, and staged at the beautiful Reynolda House, Oscar Wilde's beloved tale takes a new twist. Join Peppercorn for a comedy fit for the young and the young at heart.
When Amberlyn Candescent decides she's fed up with her science homework blues, the unlikely visit of a talking lightbulb fills her in on the rocking and rolling history of electricity. Joined by the rock band "The Polymaths", including Franklin, Edison, Tesla, Bell, and more. Amberlyn finds a new appreciation for science. This musical is sure to be one jolt of a good time.
With your support, we are able to accomplish:
• Three fully mounted shows each summer in three different venues around
Winston Salem and Forsyth County
• 18 unique performances
• 60 individual adventures, on average, for each of our performances
• Educational workshops after each performance to allow the kids to fully
understand the concepts presented in each show
• A week-long summer camp chocked full of theatre designed to stimulate the
creative brain centers of kids 4-12
• A hands on, summer intensive experience for the staff of Peppercorn, most of whom are college and graduate students themselves studying the theatre arts
• Hiring students as staff to encourage them to stay in Winston Salem for the summer, adding to the economic vibrancy of our city
• Creating a sense of invigoration, wonder, and curiosity in kids so they learn to use their imaginations and think creatively, equipping them to solve the great problems of the future
But more specifically, here’s how your support really goes a long way:
• $50 goes towards buying socks so we can turn an average ordinary man
who got lost into an evil sock emperor
• $100 will buy materials to transform a simple coffee shop into the magical world of Lost and Found
• $250 supports the composer of Eureka to create an electrifying new rock musical
• $500 lets us print all those fancy schmancy posters and marketing materials
• $750 helps us support an ensemble member to weave each story, excite each young mind, and infuse their artistic energy into the next generation
• $1,000 enables us rent the performance spaces that make all of this possible
- (21 days)