The "Assorted Magical Items" Deck is a collection of 50 item reference cards for your 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons game.
This deck aims to bring fresh new content to your game serving not only as fun hand-outs for players but saving everyone precious time writing game notes. Bring legendary loot to life with original artwork by MrJamesGifford. The deck features a range of different item rules and rarities!
Anatomy of the Cards
James Gifford! I'm also known as '@Mrjamesgifford' online. I'm an illustrator and comic artist based in London and have been rolling dice and running Tabletop RPG's for over 8 years. Most notably, I created my info-comic "Dungeon Diaries" which helps explain tabletop RPGs to newcomers. I spend a lot of time home-brewing adventures and exploring new ways to make my games more exciting - such as these cards!
I decided to illustrate and share some of my home-brewed ideas with the online community back in November 2018, and I was totally blown away by how much people have enjoyed them! The most common question i found was:
Where can I get this for my DND Group?
Making them into a card deck seemed ideal, however printing cards is pricey. It's best to print them in bulk to make them affordable for everyone. I've put together this kickstarter to help fund the initial order of cards and cover shipping expenses...If you want to guarantee yourself getting a deck, then make a pledge! It all helps to make this project a reality.
My main focus is getting this item deck into your hands...but I know that glint in your eye adventurer. You're hungry for loot! Well, for those of you looking to lend extra support, there's some extra goodies up for grabs.
Once the kickstarter is successful, the card decks will be printed first and shipped directly from the printers to save on shipping costs. All other rewards may take time to fulfil and will be shipped separately:
- The Deck - The Product! It will contain 50 cards in all their illustrated glory!! Each card is approximately 3.5 x 5.75" in size.
- Stickers - A sheet of 9 stickers featuring DnD characters from the "Dungeon Diaries" comic series! The sheet is approximately 8 x 5.75" in size.
- Print - This is an A4 300 GSM Giclee Print of the characters from the "Dungeon Diaries" comic series.
- Custom Cards - Have your own homebrewed items made into a card, each with a limited edition layout design. Write out the stats and what it does (No more than 130 words!) and I'll put it in, along with an illustration according to your description! With your permission, I may even select some of the best submissions to be included in the next item deck! You will also receive a Hi-Resolution pdf of the card.
- Character Commission - Immortalise a beloved DnD character in this personalised commission! Each commission will be delivered as a Giclee Print on an A4 300 GSM paper and delivered to you signed! You'll also receive a High-resolution pdf of the commission image.
- Full Artist Commission - A Full colour commission by me of anything you want! DND characters, Dragons, Your grandma...You decide. Expect a detailed background and up to five characters in this commission. You receive a Print and digital pdf of the image as mentioned in the 'character commission' above.
I seriously enjoy making these cards.
And I still I have a ton of more fun ideas to add to the deck. If this campaign goes well, I would love to extend the deck size and potentially have the funds to make a whole deck altogether in the future!
There's a couple more fun stretch goals I have planned...but a good dungeon master knows when to reveal his secrets...
£20,000 stretch goal unlocked!
As part of the first stretch goal, we now have the funds to create and print a whole new deck of 50 item cards in the future! This will most likely be a project i work on in the year 2020 once the first deck is printed and sent off to backers. I will be selling the second deck on my online shop once it is done in the future.
£25,000 stretch goal unlocked!!
Extra loot! For the next stretch goal, I'll be adding an additional 6 new cards to the deck to make it even more awesome than before!!
Risks and challenges
This is the first crowdfunded project I have done and my main aim is to keep it simple with little room for error. I have taken a great amount of time to research, prepare and get the opinions of others who have launched successful kickstarters. This is largely what I have been doing in the months since I first began this project in November 2018.
The deck has already been created and designed, and I have even ordered a prototype to from the printing company to ensure their quality and reliability. The printing company also provides a fulfillment service, giving each shipped deck a tracking code as it is delivered directly to you. Essentially, the majority of the money pledged will go towards printing and shipping costs.
Once the kickstarter is successful, The order for the decks to be printed will go into immediate effect. This should take around 22-30 days and will be the first thing that arrives at your doorstep.
I'll then send off ready made rewards such as stickers and prints. I'll also begin work on Custom cards and Commissions which I'll then print, and deliver before October 2019.
I'll be sure to keep a regular update on the Kickstarter's situation and answer any questions people have.
- (30 days)