About this project
"Why should I care?"
It's my goal (dream if you will) to find the bright minds of the future & share them with the world. What do I mean by "bright minds"? I mean progressive thinkers who can make a positive impact on social culture. Creative individuals who are actively working to enhance the quality of people's lives on a large scale & transform their culture. I want to help these people, to help everyone else. And this is your chance to get in on it!
"Products of a False History?"
Generation Y is the first generation of youth to grow & adapt with advance technology & global access to world information. As a result, Gen Y has witnessed the illumination of more corruption, injustice & distorted fact than ANY generation prior, which it has most certainly informed the way they are to approach the future. Being raised in a history of hidden truths, Gen Y has a new perspective & system of values to pursue fervently.
This is a contemporary history book featuring the evolving minds of 23 emerging artists from Generation Y. With a regional focus on the Northwest (United States), these contemporary artists are creating to explore & understand unaddressed social issues within 21st century social context. In an unending pursuit of knowledge & understanding these independent thinkers, born in the late 80s - early 90s, are fighting to reach out to contemporary social culture & start vital conversation regarding the need for social change.
This book offers direct & intimate insight into the understanding of the youngest adult generation of creative minded thinkers. The first adult generation to develop & mentally mature with near limitless access to global information as well as distorted historical knowledge. These individuals comprise a collective of exceptional emerging artists & thinkers, which I have encountered during my time living in the Northwest & of which I am confident will posses a role in the fast approaching evolution of social culture.
- This book is going to be fabric bound, oddly sized, & have an eye catching embossed emblem on the cover. In publishing-design land these details are quite costly.
- Will result as fifty 12" X 8" hardback books with approximately 200 pages of content covering 23 emerging artists, their work, process, values, inspirations & future intent regarding the their industry.
- Will be printed on 100% post-consumer recycled paper & maintain maximum sustainability standards. (No metallic inks or like materials will be used on this document)
- Funds generated will secure printing costs for a run of fifty 1st editioned books, & will cover overall supply costs (i.e. test prints, film, equipment, programs) as well as supply & shipping costs for backer rewards.
- All books ordered in the 1st edition run will be signed by the artists appearing in the book & will be editioned by hand.
Risks and challenges
The largest challenge will be producing this book without spelling errors.
Continuing my quest in documenting the new generation of thinkers worldwide is the most unique challenge at hand. Socially, we are in a place of transition between systems of traditional & alternative values. I wish to seek out the voices of the new thinkers & archive them in historical context.
Additionally, the 1st edition run is scheduled to show in a Gallery in May at Cornish College of the Arts & MUST be sent to the printers in early April. The information for the book is near completely gathered, printing costs remain as the largest obstacle for this project completion.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
It's my goal (dream if you will) & aspiration to find the bright minds of the future & share them with the world. What do I mean by "bright minds"? I mean progressive thinkers who can make a positive impact on social culture. Creative individuals who are actively working to enhance the quality of people's live on a large scale & transform their culture. I want to help these people, help everyone else. And this is your chance to get in on it!
Topics explored by "Audacity" include:
• Cultural development & significance of the arts
• Human rights & social oppression
• American standards & Education reform
• Contemporary perspectives on religion & spirituality
• Our impact on the Environmental
• Good will & more!
Negative thinking gets us nowhere. If you are still unsure, here's my email.
You can send direct to:
ATTN: JOSHUA TAYLOR
1000 Lenora St.
Seattle, WA 98121
This edition is full, BUT I plan to continue the series on a global scale. However, I can't make a second book if the first isn't supported, so please give or spread the word to other potential backers.
Support this project
- (30 days)