Meet the LitraTorch
*The LitraTorch is Patent Pending.
Torch Features and Specifications
Show Me the Light!
Because Kickstarter only allows you to pick one reward - if you want accessories we will allow "add-ons." Here is how:
- STEP 1 - Pick your light (black or camo)
- STEP 2 - Choose amount (1,2,4 or 12 lights)
- STEP 3 - Choose your accessories and add them to the price of the light in your pledge. We are also allowing one extra single light at the price you opted in at as an "add-on." When the campaign closes you will receive a backer survey where you will indicate "add-ons" you selected.
Over the past 2 years we have hit all our milestones. We started with defining the MRD (Marketing Requirements Document) and progressed all the way through final design, validation testing and release for tooling. The major R&D events and expenses are complete.
The Torch "Boot Camp" Video
Litra is a small team of engineers, designers, manufacturers and outdoor enthusiasts who have worked together for over 8 years. Each member has more than 20 years of professional experience in helping bring lifestyle, consumer electronics and lighting products to market for top tier brands. Two years ago Litra endeavored to combine our experience and passion into our own innovative and fun products.
We set out to create the world's brightest and most versatile, adventure ready LED light. A light that could keep up with unbridled creativity and imagination. A light that would enable amazing moments never before captured in low or no light conditions.
Our mission was to create a:
- Best in class mobile light for photo and video professionals
- Best in class light for everyday tasks at home, at work, with a smart phone and for walking and biking
- Best in class light for outdoor enthusiast and extreme athletes
A key design criteria was to make sure the light could go anywhere a GoPro Session 4 (and now 5) camera can go - literally!
- Fit into the GoPro Session Frame and GoPro mounting system
- Match or exceed waterproof and drop test specifications
- Light beam angle complements camera lens' wide angle
- Match battery life
We wanted to make the Torch the "Swiss Army Knife" of lights so we designed in:
- TWO 1/4 20 standard camera mounts to allow for flexible mounting orientations
- MAGNET built into the body to quickly mount to a car hood, tail gate, pole etc
- FILTERS for photographic, dive and mood effects = serious photos or serious fun!
- SOFT LIGHT with a diffusion cap for a lantern like glow
- QUICK CLIP for a simple and secure way to mount to a belt or backpack
The Finish Line & Your Support
We are very close to bringing this product to market. We need your support to help fund our 1st production run and to pay for a few small accessory tools. We have some killer rewards. Please consider supporting us and please help get the word out to anyone you think needs a little more light in their world!
Share,follow and Tweet @LitraGear
Shout out to the talented team at CrowdWinnerMedia for all the AWESOME videos and creative vision!
PeakRender for the AMAZING renderings!
Walsh, Bayerle, Couvrette, Fino, Spooner, Schroader and Gant Families for A-list actors and support!
Risks and challenges
RISKS and CHALLENGES
There were several risks and challenges to this project:
1) Size and weight vs performance
2) Overheating and LED performance
3) Water proofing
4) Funding for initial design, prototyping, tooling for main housing
5) Finding trusted and experienced manufacturing partners
Litra has solved each of these challenges and currently foresees very little risk in bringing this product to market.
If we had to pick one concern, it would be manufacturing keeping up with initial demand - but this is a good problem and to have! We have worked out contingency plans with our manufacturing partners for this event.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)