One of the masters of the superhero RPG genre, Christopher McGlothlin (Time of Crisis, Time of Vengeance, Golden Age, Noir, Freedom City Rogue's Gallery, Earth Prime Atlas), has a new book. It's called World Defenders: The Summit. It’s a fun supplement about a team of superheroes. (Or supervillains, if you prefer.) It’s also been beautifully illustrated in full color by Storn Cook, whose work has appeared in hundreds of RPG products over the years.
In fact, World Defenders: The Summit actually marks the beginning of a new era in Chris' career. The release of this book will be the first product from Chris's new imprint GHOST SHOW PRESS. Yes, Chris has decided to hang out his own shingle and produce his own projects. There's more on that below in the Creative Team section.
World Defenders: The Summit includes everything you need to know to use the Summit, a United Nations-backed superteam, in your own game: the team’s historical background, their personal and UN resources (HQ, vehicles, and more), their adversaries, adventure hooks for the team, and advice on how to use the Summit as a gang of bad guys instead of good guys. Of course, you also get detailed writeups, and full color art, for the six core members:
- The Constable, who wields his Physique Incroyable on behalf of the downtrodden everywhere while also enjoying a single-malt Scotch.
- Tidal Wave, a Brazilian YouTube superstar and master of water. Oh, and he’s dating a supermodel.
- Swiftsure, a Welshman and SAS veteran whose exposure to time-travel experiments has given him superspeed.
- Destiny, a hero and warrior whose fighting skills have been honed over many lifetimes, as both a man and a woman.
- Conjurer, an Ethiopian by descent, an Israeli Jew by birth, he wields divine power to protect and heal his comrades.
- Blue Bolt, the third Australian woman to bear the name, this Blue Bolt brings investigative and technical skills to the team.
The core product uses Mutants & Masterminds 3e. But this Kickstarter also funds the Conversion Pack for ICONS, SUPERS!, Savage Worlds and HERO System. A Conversion Pack is a separate product which will include that game system stats for the entire team. If you fund us at any level, you get PDFs of both products!
Stretch goals will unlock Conversion Packs for Mighty Protectors and Fate Core. Each will get its own Conversion Pack with stats for the entire team.
Fainting Goat Games is the publishing company owned and operated by Mike Lafferty. FGG will be publishing World Defenders: The Summit.
Ghost Show Press is the outré vision of longtime writer/game-designer Prof. Christopher McGlothlin, M.Ed. In the tradition of the original ghost shows that thrilled drive-in movie theater patrons all across mid-century rural America, GSP brings the pure imagination of carnival wonderment to tabletop role-playing games and other media.
GSP will be working with top creators, premier publishers, and new talent on diverse projects to bring their wildest notions to print. Our formula is simple: treat the talent well, do right by our audience, and together have as much fun as possible.
So buy the ticket, take the ride. We've got a triple horror-movie fright fest, a magician sawing people in half on stage, digging up a man buried alive a week ago, spirit materialization of celebrities like Elvis and the Beatles, and actual monsters abducting unsuspecting customers from the audience.
Prof. Christopher McGlothlin, M.Ed. A freelance writer and designer for the last twenty years, Prof. McG is a lifelong Virginian whose prior works have been published by PEG, WEG, Guildhall Press, Gold Rush Games, Spectrum Games, Comic Images, and Fainting Goat Games. He holds bachelor of science degrees in political science and journalism, as well as a master’s in education, from Radford University. For the past 23 years, he has taught social sciences on the secondary and collegiate levels. His hobbies include outré cinema, the Miami Dolphins, MST3K, and the JSA. All good things in his life are made possible by God and his Awesome Wife Tanith.
Storn Cook has been one of the most talented and prolific artists in the world of games for more than twenty years, with work appearing in hundreds of titles.
Walt Robillard, the brains behind Hazard Studios, will create stats for the Summit using the SUPERS system. This will be released as a separate PDF, but all backers will get it for free.
Jason Walters, who knows Hero so well he bought the System, will do stat blocks for the entire team. This will be a separate PDF, but all backers will get it for free.
Jason Tondro, author of the Super Villain Handbook and the Savage Worlds Conversion Pack for that book, will work his magic on the Summit to create Savage stat blocks for the team. This will be a separate PDF, but all backers will get it for free.
We will be using OneBookShelf (DrivethruRPG and RPGNOW) for POD and pdf fulfillment.
A NOTE ON SAVAGE WORLDS
Three Items regarding Savage Worlds
1) This game references the Savage Worlds game system, available from Pinnacle Entertainment Group at www.peginc.com. Savage Worlds and all associated logos and trademarks are copyrights of Pinnacle Entertainment Group. Used with permission. Pinnacle makes no representation or warranty as to the quality, viability, or suitability for purpose of this product.
2) We need to point out that the SW conversion will be a separate release - as will all of our system conversions.
3) The official publisher of this product is Fainting Goat Games
Risks and challenges
1) The manuscript is done
2) The art is done
3) This Kickstarter is just to cover art, layout and system conversion costs
There really isn't much risk at this point. The labor has been completed, except for layout. We have developers standing by to convert the M&M versions of the Summit into ICONS, SUPERS, Hero, and Savage Worlds, as those stretch goals are reached.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)