I will create the most versatile earth based , eco friendly , cost effective architectural sculpting medium, that works on any scale.
In the above time lapse you can see Skratch in action as I apply it. In the picture below, you can see the finished piece.
Skratch can be applied to almost any surface using atomic adhesion.
- no mixing required; Skratch is ready to form, from a resealable container.
- no expiration date, as long as it's kept air tight.
- it is a light gray dough in its appearance and form.
- in a dry state Skratch is something in between a rock and hard wood .
- dries thru evaporation, based on humidity and depth of sculpting
- non toxic does not shrink & no oder
- ample sculpting time, use a spray bottle of water to keep area moist.
- you can push it, squeeze it, sculpt it, mold it, and form it any way you like.
- speed up the drying time . hair dryer, fan, space heater, ect.
- Skratch is fire retardant , will not burn, rot or mold .
- When dry you can carve it, sand it, screw into it, and sculpt back on to it.
- Best of all, you can create on a super big scale, architectural ornamentation.
Skratch is the perfect balance of plant fiber and earth based minerals; an architectural eco dough
Skratch is produced in my studio in Salt Lake City, Utah. I have plenty of space here to enable me to upscale my production, and am only lacking the heavy equipment required to produce Skratch in a higher quality and at larger amounts.
My manufacturing process involves mixing recycled fiber and inert minerals, such as limestone. Together these components create a stable dough-like medium that has proven to be versatile and cost-effective.
In order to create a higher quality medium these materials need to be refined and prepared further than I can get them from current market sources. The recycled fibers in the mixture need to be processed further in a two step procedure:
1) They need to be broken down further by sending the material through a Hammer Mill.
2) They need to be filtered through the use of a Cyclone Separator to remove larger particulates as well as the occasion metal, twine, and plastic pieces left over from the recycling process.
This improved milling and separation process for the fiber component of the medium results in an easier to mix fiber. This improved fiber helps produce a homogenous blend that is a dough-like sculpting medium.
The mixing of the components in a large capacity mixer is the final step of the manufacturing process. Once a batch of Skratch is created it is placed into heavy duty, resealable plastic bags, then labeled and boxed for shipping.
- Cars have always been my favorite way of testing Skratch.
- On a car I can test drive the medium, to see how it handles.
- After doing five cars, I figured something out. I cant stop.It's too much fun.
- I love sculpting stuff from Skratch. Next to my gal & kids, it's the second coolest thing I know.
- I have always wanted to share what I know, my way of giving back to the world.
- Right now I am only asking for the amount I need, to create the perfect Skratch, plus the material for creating the rewards, postage, packaging, and administration fee's.
- If I need to upscale how I produce this project, based on support from the Kickstarter community , I can do that !
I actually found a way to get Skratch into production, and have made it available at my website. Come on over to http://skratchworks.com where you can order Skratch today!
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
'Skratch From Scratch', is an eManual for mixing, and working with, my sculpting medium. You can make this prototype sculpting medium for about 25 cents a pound. This reward is for people like me, who dream big and don't mind making their own.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $20 or moreYou selected
Five pounds of Skratch, from the project shipping included. International add shipping fee. The 'Skratch From Scratch' eManual for mixing, and working with, my sculpting medium.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $30 or moreYou selected
Ten pounds of Skratch from the project. eManual 'Skratch from scratch' shipping included. international add shipping fee.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $40 or moreYou selected
Fifteen pounds of Skratch from project plus an eManual 'Skratch from scratch' shipping included. international add shipping feeEstimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
Twenty pounds of Skratch from project eManual 'Skratch from scratch' . shipping included. international add shipping.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
Fifty pounds of Skratch from project eManual 'Skratch from scratch. at this point add ten dollars for every five pounds of skratch that you need for your sculpting project. shipping included international add shipping fee.Estimated delivery:
- (19 days)