This project's funding goal was not reached on May 29, 2013.
About this project
What is it?
Touchin' Dirt is a webseries created by four friends. A comedic, unidealized view of college life, Touchin' Dirt shows that it isn't all parties and good times. The show follows four students caught between complacency and ambition.
We filmed the pilot that we wrote/edited with the equipment we currently have (a camera and a tripod, refer to image below), you can find the pilot right here.
As you can see some moments have low lighting or poor audio and could really be enhanced by the tools we lay out in the following section.
What we need
What we need from you generous beings of kickstarter is some money. We're not wealthy individuals with the ability to purchase all the equipment we need for a quality show. We already have a camera but we've created a list of each item we specifically plan on purchasing from Amazon for the show.
- Shoulder Mount Rig - http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Shoulder-COUNTER-Camcorder-WYRL02SET/dp/B005CKAPR6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1366843323&sr=8-9&keywords=Steadicam
- Matte Box - http://www.amazon.com/Matte-Support-follow-System-NEWMattBOX/dp/B0069WHUO2/ref=pd_sim_p_1
- Softbox Lighting - http://www.amazon.com/PBL-PHOTOGRAPHY-CONTINUOUS-LIGHTING-LIGHING/dp/B004R6NSQG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1366843743&sr=1-1&keywords=Softbox+lighting
- Condenser Microphone - http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATR-6550-Condenser-Shotgun-Microphone/dp/B002GYPS3M/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1366843791&sr=1-1&keywords=boom+mic
- Boom Mic Pole - http://www.amazon.com/Stage-MBP7000-Handheld-Boom-Pole/dp/B007V5J5QC/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1366843791&sr=1-2&keywords=boom+mic
- Portable Recorder - http://www.amazon.com/Zoom-Handy-Portable-Digital-Recorder/dp/B001QWBM62/ref=pd_cp_e_0
- LED Lighting - http://www.amazon.com/Dimmable-Digital-Camcorder-Panasonic-Samsung/dp/B004TJ6JH6/ref=pd_sim_p_10
All of these items total to $738.02, when you add the 5% Kickstarter fees that total becomes $774.92, and when you add the 5% amazon payments charges that grand total becomes $813.67. We asked for a little more to account for possible shipping charges, so $900. None of this money goes to us personally, we don't plan to buy 900 McDoubles, or use a single dollar for anything besides this show. We're making this show because it's what we want to do, we're not doing it to pay ourselves.
We created this kickstarter to make the show look as good as possible, not to pocket any funds. If we can make you smile or chuckle or really feel any emotion we'll be thrilled, this project isn't just about us, it's about you guys. Having said that, if we get the money, we're going to make this show; it's gonna happen if we have the right tools so don't be worried about us bailing, this is what we want to do.
If we reach our goal you can expect 10 episodes of Touchin' Dirt. 10 whole episodes about 8-10 minutes each. We've written the pilot, as well as several other episodes for the season. When we get funded in May we plan on completing the scripts for the season, we will then film in Fall and are aiming for a January 2014 premiere. We will release a new episode once every two weeks (so the whole season will be totally available by May 2014 if we stay on our schedule). We're really banking (get it, because we're asking for money) on your generosity to create this production and make it look good.
Please, Kickstarter, help us make our dream come true, even if you can only afford to donate $1, that's one whole dollar closer to our goal. Thank you for looking at our project, we hope you enjoyed the pilot and that you can find it in your hearts to give a little bit, give a little bit of your love to me.
Check us out on social media!
Risks and challenges
The biggest challenge we face is making a quality product, a webseries that you guys will enjoy (we've all seen our fair share of shitty shows). We currently have four writers/editors/directors, it's a collaboration, and thus the creative input varies and this helps us to create the best show possible, four heads are better than one stupid, unfunny, person's head.
Another potential challenge is time restraints. We are four college students enrolled full time at a major university, it's POSSIBLE (but highly unlikely) that filming gets delayed due to a pile up of workload. If this were to happen the worst possible outcome is that the webseries would get released a little later than the anticipated date of January 2014. If filming got delayed it would be just that, delayed, not canceled. If this project is funded, 10 episodes WILL be created and uploaded to Youtube.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)